Is it worth pre-ordering?

Fat_Bot

I normally use HLJ for things like this and was wondering if people think if there is a genuine need to pre-order ?

Is the Elint Seeker going to be available in limited numbers or will I be tripping over them on Ebay for the next few months?

Normally I wouldn't bother pre-ordering but as it seems all the trading figures went straight away. so what do you all reckon ?

I normally use HLJ for things like this and was wondering if people think if there is a genuine need to pre-order ?

Is the Elint Seeker going to be available in limited numbers or will I be tripping over them on Ebay for the next few months?

Normally I wouldn't bother pre-ordering but as it seems all the trading figures went straight away. so what do you all reckon ?

Defenetly! Now a days pre-orders are essential. Some toys come out... and you don't see them available again for months if ever.

If you are a fan, and can't wait for something (which I assume you can't, otherwise you would be asking), then pre-order is the way to go.

Oh... just one more thing. When you preorder, be sure not to forget about it. It has happened to me before, I preorder something, and completly forget about it. By the time the retailer charges my credit card.... my account is pretty much empty.

Its an annoying problem that happens with alot of ppl I can bet.

Oh... just one more thing. When you preorder, be sure not to forget about it. It has happened to me before, I preorder something, and completly forget about it. By the time the retailer charges my credit card.... my account is pretty much empty.

Its an annoying problem that happens with alot of ppl I can bet.

Been there done that... ;)

I guess I don't have that much time to make up my mind either !

I sold my Vintage Yak Face to get the cash for Elint Seeker and its definatley the more impressive toy :D

Partly what was putting me off preordering is that i'm likely to get whacked with import duty as HLJ mark it as merchandise and usually include the cost of the postage on the declaration - which means I get charged duty on the postage as well !

Maybe I should look around to preorder else where instead

Considering that it's a lot more different than the common VF-1 variant, and that it played a minor role in DYRL (a five second cameo). I think it's going to be well worth it's price, I'm thinking about picking up the Elintseeker AND Superostrich when they're available. B)

Hmm, well, as a retailer, I'll give our end of why we prefer pre-orders. It helps us know what quantity to order so that we don't order too much and get stuck with them in our warehouse. Why is pre-ordering good for you guys? Because by helping us better manage stock, we can keep prices low.

Now in regards to ordering the VE-1 from HLJ, their price comes out to $83.51. Umm, and we've got them on pre-order for $79.99 and we're in the U.S. so you're gonna pay even less shipping and not have to worry about getting a defective one, 'cause if you did, we'd take care of it for ya.

So my recommendation would be to pre-order and support your MW retailer. Buy it from us, buy it from Kev or any of the other great retailers here, but overall, my recommendation is to get your pre-order in because although they are not 'limited', overall demand naturally makes them limited.

Edited by twinmoons

I'm sure there will be plenty floating around for some time. The only time preordering was a must in Macross toys, was with the Max and Millia Bandai reissues. Even then, they weren't impossible to find, just a little more expensive.

Normally I preorder so I don't have to wait. However, my wallet is dry heaving right now so I never preordered the vt1 or the ve1. Hopefully, they will be found cheap in a month or two.

Hmm, well, as a retailer, I'll give our end of why we prefer pre-orders. It helps us know what quantity to order so that we don't order too much and get stuck with them in our warehouse. Why is pre-ordering good for you guys? Because by helping us better manage stock, we can keep prices low.

Now in regards to ordering the VE-1 from HLJ, their price comes out to $83.51. Umm, and we've got them on pre-order for $79.99 and we're in the U.S. so you're gonna pay even less shipping and not have to worry about getting a defective one, 'cause if you did, we'd take care of it for ya.

So my recommendation would be to pre-order and support your MW retailer. Buy it from us, buy it from Kev or any of the other great retailers here, but overall, my recommendation is to get your pre-order in because although they are not 'limited', overall demand naturally makes them limited.

That sounds great.... except us foreigners have one heck of a time putting the billing address down.... that even when retailers take foreign credit cards. <_<

That sounds great.... except us foreigners have one heck of a time putting the billing address down.... that even when retailers take foreign credit cards. <_<

Ahh, that's why we have a "Comments" field during checkout so that you can put in the complete address to your heart's content :D

Ahh, that's why we have a "Comments" field during checkout so that you can put in the complete address to your heart's content :D

lol. The only reason why I like hlj is because all they ask is for the shipping address.... no billing or anything. I never understood why they could do that while most other e-tailers had to ask for billing address. :huh:

lol. The only reason why I like hlj is because all they ask is for the shipping address.... no billing or anything. I never understood why they could do that while most other e-tailers had to ask for billing address. :huh:

Umm, well, in the U.S., when you process a credit card, you verify the card by matching it with the billing address. The credit card processor will tell you if it's a match. And many people have different billing addresses (such as a P.O. Box) than their shipping address (such as their work address, etc.)

Also, some customers purchase items as a gift and want it shipped to someone else. I have no idea why HLJ doesn't ask for a billing and shipping address. But hey, they're in Japan, I don't know how things work there.

Umm, well, in the U.S., when you process a credit card, you verify the card by matching it with the billing address. The credit card processor will tell you if it's a match. And many people have different billing addresses (such as a P.O. Box) than their shipping address (such as their work address, etc.)

Also, some customers purchase items as a gift and want it shipped to someone else. I have no idea why HLJ doesn't ask for a billing and shipping address. But hey, they're in Japan, I don't know how things work there.

I see. Oh well.... by the time the Hikaru 1s comes out... I will give my card a try with one of MW e-tailers. :p

I see. Oh well.... by the time the Hikaru 1s comes out... I will give my card a try with one of MW e-tailers. :p

I just had to keep this going..... :rolleyes:

Lol. It's like when you plug a camera into the TV and then point it at said TV.

i play along, focus more....getting sharper :lol:

I didn't know the new MW forums could do 3D!! :lol:

Gawd!!

That IS freaky!!!! :wacko:

Gawd!!

can we have...more? :lol:

Gawd!!

:o This thread is so toast!

Gawd!!

Can't we stop this please? <_< :lol:

Gawd!!

Can't we stop this please? <_<:lol:

...<_< ^_^

Vostok 7

Gawd!!

Can't we stop this please? <_<:lol:

...<_<^_^

Vostok 7

Just testing the limits of the boards.... move along ^_^