My memory's a bit rusty, but I think Basara was able to protect himself from one of Grabil's blasts. He was also able to shield himself as Gigile lost control & destroyed Rax.

And Mikumo survived an Itano Circus with a small force field. And stood up, after telling the others to get down, in the middle of an attack.

Is she the daughter of Basara and Sivil, or something?

Hmm... So the people with highest fold receptor levels in the universe are Basara and Mikumo?

(Given that Basara is alive by Delta era, but unless he was killed or "left this world" in some way, he should be alive. He is not from Windermere and aged 43).

Well, presumably. I am admittedly just making conjecture. Only SK could confirm that.

As for him surviving attacks from Protodeviln, yeah that did happen I'm sure. Not quite the same as surviving a Macross canon blast which is what I was specifically denying had happened. Basara's music actively weakened the Protodeviln so to me, he may also have weakened the effects of their attacks too. Yes that is a pretty big assumption but it fits the narrative so I'll go with it until told otherwise.

And Mikumo survived an Itano Circus with a small force field. And stood up, after telling the others to get down, in the middle of an attack.

Is she the daughter of Basara and Sivil, or something?

Yes. She is.

The difference with Mikumo is that the force fields she uses are obviously from the micro drones and not from Anima Spiritia.

They are, but they would not be enough. She would get, at least, a severe concussion if all she had were these force fields. She was basically unscathed,and within a few minutes, she was singing.

And then in Episode 4 she was expecting an attack and the drones were down. She told the other Walkure members to get down. And then she intentionally stood up.

Yes. She is.

That would totally make sense from a timeline perspective, too.

Edited by Saruta

They are, but they would not be enough. She would get, at least, a severe concussion if all she had were these force fields. She was basically unscathed,and within a few minutes, she was singing.

And then in Episode 4 she was expecting an attack and the drones were down. She told the other Walkure members to get down. And then she intentionally stood up.

That could simply be another character establishing moment rather than some indication that she has magic powers (aside from a high fold receptor count). It could simply be that she trusted Delta to catch all the missiles.

Got this on the Russian grapevine. Apparently from a Japanese TV broadcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAOa0j6Ak7Q

Would appreciate if those who understand Japanese could comment on what they are talking about. Also JUNNA SMILES!

(Sorry, I repeatedly tried to embed the video but failed)

Edited by azrael

Mezamashi TV, a morning program on Fuji TV. They're just talking about their reactions on finding out they're #1 on the charts, even beating out Hikaru Utada.

Has there been any word on if there will be any hiatus between episodes like a mid season break? I am not familiar with how anime are aired but I was hoping there'd be a straight 25 week run (or however many episodes it ends up being).

Has there been any official word on how long it will be in terms of episodes?

Typically except for any holiday weekends.. most anime are straight aired (unless they are split cour as happens a lot lately, but Macross has never been done in this fashion.. yet anyway, but I expect we'd know that by now).

Is Delta the new Seven?

Are we going to see a new "I just watched the first episode of Delta and it is terrible" post every few weeks for the next several years(or until discussion of Delta is informally forbidden due to excessive flames)?

Is Delta the new Seven?

Are we going to see a new "I just watched the first episode of Delta and it is terrible" post every few weeks for the next several years(or until discussion of Delta is informally forbidden due to excessive flames)?

I don't think Delta is worse than M7. It is better than M7 (the series) over-all so far. The only category M7 beats Delta is in the music category.

I think Delta had a much better first impression on me than M7. If M&M hadn't been in M7 I would have considered it as pure crap at first. But I love Basara's songs.

Edited by hachi

I think it is not as good as M7 yet. But I'm a huge Macross 7 fan. ^_^

I make no statement either way regarding quality. Just that the polarizing effect the show's premiere had is one more way Seven Did It.

But I love Basara's songs.

LISTEN TO HIS SONG!

I think we're a little early to declare Delta anything. I'm definitely not feelin' the music when these girls sing together. Solos? Yes. As a group? Needs work. 7's music worked from the start. Delta, not so much.

Its been heading there for a while. But its official Macross has become <censored>!

I just watched the first episode and I felt I was watching batman and robin with a blend of some happy parade and sailor moon. Hoooooly cow has the franchise become such dogshit. Its taken a pretty good story and turned it all glo mo light in the loafer sing along crap with bay like action.

WTF!

Gundam has been getting better with series like Unicorn...but this crap takes an established franchise to a whole new level. I dont expect every frontier to look like Utopia. Much unlike Gundam and even Serenity where most new territories were gritty desolate places. Seriously girls in neon outfits that make the Avengers look weak. The plane designs look like crap too.

I feel sorry for people that like this show.

My review. Two thumbs and a Big Tow down. Dogshit but good after 5 gin in tonics and if youre stoned out of your mind

It's really best not to drink and type, you know.

MOD NOTE

Folks, just because someone doesn't like what you like doesn't mean their opinion carries any less weight than yours. You have your opinion. He/she/they have theirs. Opinions are like ..., we all have one.

I'm still not really feeling this series.. Frontier already had me by this point. And to be honest 8 episodes in should be enough time to decide whether or not you like something right? When I first started Delta I needed some... adjustment period for lack of a better word. Now 8 episodes in and it's not that I don't like it.. but it's pretty unremarkable, I find myself gravitating towards other anime series out this season. I'm not gonna stop watching at this point but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid either..

I think we're a little early to declare Delta anything. I'm definitely not feelin' the music when these girls sing together. Solos? Yes. As a group? Needs work. 7's music worked from the start. Delta, not so much.

In fairness, EVERY song in Seven at this point was a solo.... and I think this is about the point in Seven where I was just starting to get a little tired of Planet Dance and wondering if Basara had a second song.

But yeah, I don't really care for Walkure's singing. I would be happier with a wall of Mikumo solos.

But yeah, I don't really care for Walkure's singing. I would be happier with a wall of Mikumo solos.

I'd just go to a JUNNA concert.

I hope she does one in Europe eventually, with or without Walkure.

post-30920-0-34291700-1464160579_thumb.jpgjust flipping through my copy of the recent Newtype, the one featuring Delta with Mirage on the cover... & saw this. some have been asking about the popularity of Delta in Japan & this kinda gives an illustration of it:

on the right is a list of Top 10 Works & Delta comes in #2, only below Bungou Stray Dogs.

Osomatsu-san is at #3, the new Gundam #6, Kabaneri #7.

the other two columns are Top 10 list of popular male & female characters (am sure you can tell from the stereotypical colour codes which is which) where HayaHaya is at #9 and Freyja's #7.

Is Delta the new Seven?

For some maybe.

For me, a fan who could happily see 7 cut in half to find it tolerable, I like Delta.

Reasonble explanations are given for the state of technology and how fold song works. A song has not yet stopped a Quantum Cannon blast, the Valks have no ridiculous faces or boobs, civilians are not expected to "drive" on light bridges in outer space, and there is a new song (arrangement) every 2 or 3 episodes. Equal attention is given to mecha battles, music and universe building, I am satisfied so far... B))

Edited by Zinjo