azrael

Mission 0.89 - "Prologue to the Battlefield"  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (5 idols = 5 waifus = 5 times the fun)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I'm getting too old for this sh*t)

Thinking about it Hayate may have an implant with his hair dec. As when his boss called him it wasn't necessarily the PA system.

There was a comm-link clipped to his necklace. It was blinking when his boss was calling him. In the next scenes, after he's fired, the little thing is gone.

Has anyone brought up the idea that Mirage could be Mylenes and Gamlins daughter? I got a play by the rules attitude and stiff behavior from her that I think would fit with Gamlins personality. Of course Gamlin is such a push-over that Milia would have no hard time to "convince" him to take the Jenius family name. She could also inherited Mylenes piloting skills while good not quite as excellent as Max/Milia/Gamlin. :)

[edit:] This would go well with the mysterious Lady M being Mylene who used here connections to get Mirage into the Delta squadron.

Edited by Scyla

Thing is there have been a number of Macross females with the letter M in their name.

Misa, Minmay and Milia alone in SDF Macross. Komilia's other name is Maria. Mylene and Miho Miho in Macross 7. Maria Fokina Barnrose is rumored to be Therese Maria Fokina Fallyna Jenius. Other Jenius daughters Miracle, Muse,Mirand aand Moaramia who was adopted. Muse and Moaramia both have purple hair as well as Therese.

There is also Mio member of Sound Force in Macross 7th Chord. Milky Idols' Molly in Macross Digital Mission VF-X.

Been busy in the real world and only now able to log back in. Has anyone thought that maybe the preview episode will actually be 2 episodes? I hear plenty of guys here say that the preview episode has crammed a lot of characters in the less than 25 minutes.

So if the final version will actually be 2 episodes, then there will be no "information overload". Well?

Been busy in the real world and only now able to log back in. Has anyone thought that maybe the preview episode will actually be 2 episodes? I hear plenty of guys here say that the preview episode has crammed a lot of characters in the less than 25 minutes.

So if the final version will actually be 2 episodes, then there will be no "information overload". Well?

Nope and probably not. In fact, they might take out some scenes just to shorten the episode to fit into the broadcast schedule. When the Blu-rays come out, they'll likely release a full extended version. Just like they did with Frontier.

Has anyone brought up the idea that Mirage could be Mylenes and Gamlins daughter? I got a play by the rules attitude and stiff behavior from her that I think would fit with Gamlins personality. Of course Gamlin is such a push-over that Milia would have no hard time to "convince" him to take the Jenius family name. She could also inherited Mylenes piloting skills while good not quite as excellent as Max/Milia/Gamlin. :)

[edit:] This would go well with the mysterious Lady M being Mylene who used here connections to get Mirage into the Delta squadron.

Makes more sense than her being Max and Millia's daughter, that's for sure. And yea, fits the whole Lady M is Mylene speculation as well.

Finally got around to watching 0.89 the other night. I selected neutral on the poll only because I wasn't super excited about it, although chances are after the story develops more, and I get something with subtitles in English, I will like it just fine. I don't know the names of the songs, but I did really like the last/second song that Walkyrie sang when the SV-262s were attacking.

And for some strange reason, I expect there to be a lot more dancing Valkyries and choreographs, lol. Not sure how to feel about that....

Watched it a third time on YT and it really gets better with each viewing. I'm not sure if the shift in tone that Kawamori announced for the next episode will bode well with me. I like the tone of the preview episode and don't want Macross become the Breaking Bad/Walking Dead/GoT of anime. ^_^

What about Mirage simply being the 8th Jenius daughter? The events of delta take place 20 years after M7, so unless she is the daughter of a single parent Jenius girl, it may be the only other explanation for the surname. Unless we want to get into M&M adopting another orphan girl...

What about Mirage simply being the 8th Jenius daughter? The events of delta take place 20 years after M7, so unless she is the daughter of a single parent Jenius girl, it may be the only other explanation for the surname. Unless we want to get into M&M adopting another orphan girl...

Tochiro mentioned in the speaker podcast that Mirage is a third generation Jenius.

As for her surname, Sheryl's family kept the Nome name and there was no question about it there.

Sheryl's mother was Sally Nome.

http://springflowerworld.tumblr.com/post/133725781466

Edited by VF5SS

Tochiro mentioned in the speaker podcast that Mirage is a third generation Jenius.

As for her surname, Sheryl's family kept the Nome name and there was no question about it there.

Sheryl's mother was Sally Nome.

http://springflowerworld.tumblr.com/post/133725781466

Thanks for that Veef.

As I've said many times, Kawamori has strongly hinted that Mirage is a 3rd generation Jenius. Hinted very strongly.

Of course, there's also the possibility that he hasn't made up his mind or that, if it has no bearing on the plot, they may just never clarify, similar to Aegis Fokker.

(Oh the fun conversations I've had trying to clarify THAT one ^^; )

Of course, there's also the possibility that he hasn't made up his mind or that, if it has no bearing on the plot, they may just never clarify, similar to Aegis Fokker.

Or Edgar?

Komillia would've been what, then... nearly fifty when Mirage was born?

Not impossible, but it seems unlikely to me...

You still have 5 more 2nd generation Jenius girls, if it's not Mylene and Komillia doesn't sound right. :)

Thanks for that Veef.

As I've said many times, Kawamori has strongly hinted that Mirage is a 3rd generation Jenius. Hinted very strongly.

With Aegis we can possibly chalk it up to cloning or a clone descendant. As we saw such possibility with Flower Girl and Maruyama.

As I said. Gamlin is such a pushover when it comes to Milia that she could easily persuade him to adapt the Jenius surname. Quick question for someone who has far more knowledge of Macross than I do. Was there ever a Jenius boy born other than Max himself?

As I said. Gamlin is such a pushover when it comes to Milia that she could easily persuade him to adapt the Jenius surname. Quick question for someone who has far more knowledge of Macross than I do. Was there ever a Jenius boy born other than Max himself?

Macross 7 Trash had a scandal rumor that the reason Max and Milia have a bad relationship is that Max had a bastard son.

It was really a bunch of hogwash as Max said the reason he was sponsoring Shiba Mido is that his parent was a friend. So not his father.

Macross 7 Trash had a scandal rumor that the reason Max and Milia have a bad relationship is that Max had a bastard son.

It was really a bunch of hogwash as Max said the reason he was sponsoring Shiba Mido is that his parent was a friend. So not his father.

Of course Shiba wasn't Max's kid. We all know his only son was Basara.

If I recall, it is genetically impossible for Max and Millia to have sons because the meltrandi X chromosome is dominant over the human Y chromosome.

If I have somehow committed a joke to memory as canon, please correct me.

Oh, and Mikumo is best waifu.

Noooo. She's basically superhuman (if not cyborg). And while sometimes robot waifus do rock I get the feeling this is not the time.

Gimme "Regult-chan-KYAA!"-chan, aka Makina Nakajima, any day :) Also, her being named, in part, for the *voice* of Ranka is kinda cool.

(Just doing it to start The Inevitable Waifu War Of All Internets, which, I hope, can be mocked on here even before it actually happens)

This was brought up in the latest podcast. I wanna know how Walkure can defend against this Var Syndrome if it's spanning multiple planets.

Most likely answer, Fold Quartz.

One they need an emergency distress system a Fold Quartz communication system has zero time lag. The system has been around since VF-X2 with the Magic Flute communication system. The MacF LN confirms the Hyperspace Resonance Crystalline Lens is Fold Quartz. It is possible planets like the Frontier colony on the Vajra homeworld and the Ouroboros colony are exporting it.

Plus did you notice the VF-31 is filled to the brim with Fold Quartz? Its predecessor the YF-30, Aisha Blanchett's personal pet project, was designed to break Fold Faults.

Now the real question is how is the Var singer affecting multiple planets and fleets? The visual in the prologue the guy with the apple and bomb was on a Macross fleet.

The purple stuff around the Var singer is likely Fold Quartz. But how is she affecting specific targets? Windermere apples may be a clue.

The Walkure are also using something called Fold receptors which Delta squadron spread among the battlefield. Who is to say the Kingdom of Wind isn't also using Fold receptors contaminating food exports?

Most likely answer, Fold Quartz.

One they need an emergency distress system a Fold Quartz communication system has zero time lag. The system has been around since VF-X2 with the Magic Flute communication system. The MacF LN confirms the Hyperspace Resonance Crystalline Lens is Fold Quartz. It is possible planets like the Frontier colony on the Vajra homeworld and the Ouroboros colony are exporting it.

Now the real question is how is the Var singer affecting multiple planets and fleets? The visual in the prologue the guy with the apple and bomb was on a Macross fleet.

The purple stuff around the Var singer is likely Fold Quartz. But how is she affecting specific targets? Windermere apples may be a clue.

The Walkure are also using something called Fold receptors which Delta squadron spread among the battlefield. Who is to say the Kingdom of Wind isn't also using Fold receptors contaminating food exports?

If your theory pans out, it may be a high concentration of fold quartz in the soil of Windermere that gets into the meat of the apples and those who ingest this prolific export are susceptible to the "virus".

So after watching the preview episode and giving it a lot of thought I have to be honest and say I didn't care for it. To be honest it felt scatterbrained and the tone was all over the place. If I didn't know any better that this was an offical work I'd have assumed this show was parody of Macross on the level of Project A-Ko. I'm not giving up on the show yet as all be told this is just a preview episode, but its not hitting the mark with me.

Noooo. She's basically superhuman (if not cyborg). And while sometimes robot waifus do rock I get the feeling this is not the time.

Gimme "Regult-chan-KYAA!"-chan, aka Makina Nakajima, any day :) Also, her being named, in part, for the *voice* of Ranka is kinda cool.

(Just doing it to start The Inevitable Waifu War Of All Internets, which, I hope, can be mocked on here even before it actually happens)

Too early for a Waifu War. We have no read on most of the characters... which I guess never stopped anyone before.

Never mind, carry on.