DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

I ordered this for the May reissue but it has disappeared from my hlj orders list. Had anyone else had this. I guess i am beat off sourcing this separately as hlj have given up.

Nope.

Mine's still there.

post-263-0-63905500-1463175465_thumb.jpg

Maybe you just caught them while they're doing some site-update/maintenance?

I ordered this for the May reissue but it has disappeared from my hlj orders list. Had anyone else had this. I guess i am beat off sourcing this separately as hlj have given up.

Mine is also still showing up in my open orders list.

Yup, mine is still there also.... probably HLJ is trying to do something to acquire all the units needed to cover the pre-orders (or at least the most they can) from Bandai before doing something about the orders,

Someone got some mail for the may re-issue? I still have my order but no invoice until now, someone with may re-issue PO already got an invoice?

nothing on my end.

i tried contacting cdjapan, they never answered

I emailed them THREE times and no response

I sent them an e-mail twice. Same thing here. They usually respond to my other enquiries but they're ignoring this one. I think it's safe to say that CDJ is almost as bad as NY when it comes to after-sales service. At least NY flatly denied replacement. I'll be steering clear of them in the foreseeable future.

I'm a little confused here.

The restock hasn't happened, yet.

Maybe they misunderstood your email-inquiry and thought your order was from the not-restock inventory, which was OOS on release-date?

So, as I stated in my previous post, again this is for the May pre-orders. My pre-order is for the May release. I e-mailed HLJ again to confirm that my pre-order is for May and to clear up any confusion that my have come about during our conversations and this is what they replied back:

Dear *%^*&,

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything about the availability for the DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Alto Saotome Custom. It was reissued in late April, so they will remain in private warehouse until late June. If your order is not filled by late June, then we may have to consider canceling unfulfilled orders. Your understanding is appreciated.

Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu

HobbyLink Japan

Take this however you want to take this, but this is what they replied back. It looks like their stock of the YF-29 ran out before they could even fulfill the May pre-orders per their e-mail to me. It will remain in people's private warehouses until June per their 60 day private warehouse policy. If people cancel their orders, they'll allocate the supply chronologically. I'm just hoping people cancel their orders so I can get one!

Edited by subie81

HLJ's response seems to be their standard "keep the customer happy" response. I think the reality could go either way, but Bandai is the one driving it. If they intend to ship out more units, then they will. If not, then there was probably a miscommunication on availability. It's too bad, but as others have said, I'll use the money I had earmarked for this on something else. ;)

Sandman, maybe send them another mail but word it as a defective part that Bandai has recalled and are issuing replacements for the defect. It might help, but I cannot guarantee it.

Amiami had the part from what I read, but they were charging for it and it went out of stock. My guess is that most of the support staff don'rt even know about the defective part.

You could also maybe add 2 pics to the mail. One pic showing the "defective shoulder" and another showing the "correct shoulder", explaining how the one you got is messed up. I have had to actually take massive photos before on a support issue with one of the JP shops. I used MS paint to detail everything in the photos attaching arrows and circling the parts and errors. It got the point across to them and it helped them understand the real problem.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

I sent them an e-mail twice. Same thing here. They usually respond to my other enquiries but they're ignoring this one. I think it's safe to say that CDJ is almost as bad as NY when it comes to after-sales service. At least NY flatly denied replacement. I'll be steering clear of them in the foreseeable future.

i was reading the same responses on toys daily. CDjapan just ignored everyone.

Here is the direct link from Tamashii regards to this issue

http://tamashii.jp/importance/108

Looks like they will offer replacements until the end of July.

If you add that link to your inquiry it might be easier to explain the issue/ problem. That is if you haven't already.

i sent that link last week to CDjapan

i just got ignored.

i was reading the same responses on toys daily. CDjapan just ignored everyone.

i sent that link last week to CDjapan

i just got ignored.

Wow , so their after sale customer service is the same or worse than Nippon-yasan. Kinda surprise on that, since they normally answers questions and emails really quick . Maybe it's the international shipping thing that's stopping them, would they have replied if you suggested that you will pay for the shipping? They used to do proxy service too so special orders shouldn't be nothing new to them.

While we're on the subject of proxy service , maybe you can try contacting your normal proxy service that you have used of have some orders incoming and ask if they can get this replacement part from bandai for you . Maybe , just maybe they can hook you up.

Edited by F360

Here is the direct link from Tamashii regards to this issue

http://tamashii.jp/importance/108

Looks like they will offer replacements until the end of July.

If you add that link to your inquiry it might be easier to explain the issue/ problem. That is if you haven't already.

Yeah i included the link.

Debating about selling the alto yf-29. This situation has soured me. I was happy to have snagged one on preorder night then they pull this crap.

Edited by Sandman

I also saw the YF-29 over at CDJapan over this weekend. But decided not to hit the Add to Cart button after hearing things about them not replying back to emails. I'll still keep my HLJ PO even though it's not 100% sure that I will get it or it will be available by then. Just want to keep it because of the price inspite of the misprinted SMS. ;) TBH, I really don't mind the reverse SMS logo. It's a small detail for me to complain about. I mean, it's a different story if it's missing a whole chunk of tampo details compared to the first release. But for me, that small detail is nothing compared to missing or broken pieces. As long that the joints are tight and moving, I'm good. Just saying. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Folks getting theirs from HLJ. I got my box today with my YF-29 in it. I open the box and start searching for my replacement shoulder piece and it was nowhere to be found. I was going to keep mine MISB since i already have a 29 so i took one for the team and decided to open it to see if the shoulder piece was placed in the box because i was about to flip tables in a fit of rage. The piece sure was inside the 29's box. Seems they opened them and placed them in the box and taped them back up. The piece was under the tray holding the stand along with an instruction sheet.

32D3DA26-7C02-428D-A560-54E1E6B2A774.jpg

Folks getting theirs from HLJ. I got my box today with my YF-29 in it. I open the box and start searching for my replacement shoulder piece and it was nowhere to be found. I was going to keep mine MISB since i already have a 29 so i took one for the team and decided to open it to see if the shoulder piece was placed in the box because i was about to flip tables in a fit of rage. The piece sure was inside the 29's box. Seems they opened them and placed them in the box and taped them back up. The piece was under the tray holding the stand along with an instruction sheet.

32D3DA26-7C02-428D-A560-54E1E6B2A774.jpg

Nice i hope all new yf29s will comd with the spare, although in my case i dont think ill switch it

screw you CDjapan :angry:

I also sent an email to them last week but till now no reply.

However I just logged into my account and saw they have included the replacement part in my account as a new order dated 24 May, but seems to attached a 460yen shipping charge to it as well. I looked into the item details and it shows the replacement part cost 10yen (yup 10yen) and shipping charge 450yen........

I'm going to write to them to ship the replacement part together with my Glaug, and hopefully save some shipping cost. Keeping my fingers crossed.........

Thanks for the heads up. It showed up in my order list too as "order received". I suppose they will request payment soon...

However I just logged into my account and saw they have included the replacement part in my account as a new order dated 24 May, but seems to attached a 460yen shipping charge to it as well. I looked into the item details and it shows the replacement part cost 10yen (yup 10yen) and shipping charge 450yen........

I'm going to write to them to ship the replacement part together with my Glaug, and hopefully save some shipping cost. Keeping my fingers crossed.........

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks MAC-X for the info.

screw love CDjapan :angry: (not really)

normally cdjapan is good and replies back: they could've at least sent a generic e-mail acknowledging they received messages. at least then people wouldn't have to send 3+ messages feeling ignored. (i only sent one but hearing others, it's wasn't handled the best way)

i'm ordering from hlj next round.

updated: i checked the page and they tried to charge my credit w/o notfiying me (which my credit card company declined of course) :angry: can't they just notify us?

Edited by davidwhangchoi