DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

that's awesome :) the right shade of blue too! i would've been fooled.

Hahaha! Good thing I used the 'correct' blue. :lol: Thanks David. ;)

Cool work noel, bet it would look killer with the supers...

2 Genius Pilots. Do you think they still need Super Parts for their YF-29? ;)

hehe! yep it did indeed look convincing! and now I feel like a total jack ass for falling for it! :lol:;)

Nice work mate! :D

Thanks Spanner. ;)

I have a possibly dumb question, but one that has bugged me for pretty much forever on this design...

What is with the stupid black gill markings ahead of the wings? And why do they insist on putting those things on EVERY release (minus Isamu's)??

looks to be purely decorative.. I'll admit I would rather them not be there either!

I'm pretty sure you guys prefer the 'heart' on the shield of Isamu's YF-29 than the gills from the other releases, right? ^_^

I'm pretty sure you guys prefer the 'heart' on the shield of Isamu's YF-29 than the gills from the other releases, right? ^_^

It does kinda look like a heart eh! Wouldn't be fussed if it wasn't there either but its definitely better than those silly gill markings on the other variants..

I always saw the gills more as tiger stripes.

If they had actually molded in a slight depression in that particular area making them vents or whatever then yeah the markings would have looked cool! But instead they made it look like a poorly done afterthought.. Looks cheap. But I still love the Valk anyways! Hence why I have all of them!

Sensor windows maybe? Not painted to avoid interference?

And Isamu's doesn't have them because he specified he didn't want them. When you charge in guns blazing, sensors are useless anyway.

If they had actually molded in a slight depression in that particular area making them vents or whatever then yeah the markings would have looked cool! But instead they made it look like a poorly done afterthought.. Looks cheap. But I still love the Valk anyways! Hence why I have all of them!

i think it would've looked better if there were more stripes and the stripes were longer. Something like this:

post-2195-0-89744100-1449557352_thumb.jpg

personally I don't mind the red so much, and im glad I have one but not interested in getting another.. But they could have done something a little more interesting with it. Maybe broken the colors up a little bit more. Its quite a different look for Alto especially compared to his VF-25.

my son expressed some interest but said the very same thing about the color! just a little too red..

Smart minds think alike. Your sone and I will get along for sure. Time to buy him some Ube Ice Cream. Hehehe. :lol:

Interestingly the red color is what draws me to this Valkyrie. Too many white Valkyries in my Frontier display area. ^_^

That's true and I agree. But still he's too red. Too Millia for me. Hahaha! :lol:

personally I don't mind the red so much, and im glad I have one but not interested in getting another.. But they could have done something a little more interesting with it. Maybe broken the colors up a little bit more. Its quite a different look for Alto especially compared to his VF-25.

And yes, he leaped from Hikaru scheme to Millia scheme in an instant. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm so tempted to this, but a question is there any other Bandai Valk reissue is the near future? I ask because I was late to the VF-25's renewal versions and the VF-25G very pricey right now and I would love to see a reissue of that Valk or the YF-30.