DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

26 minutes ago, F360 said:

and for those  that ask how much is the shipping

image.thumb.png.982c05648c24babc81e8cbf4b8efb1bc.png

It's surprisingly reasonable shipping for a box that size and weight. I think it's right around what EMS would normally be. Maybe DHL and FedEx prices are finally coming back down to something reasonable, or maybe HLJ negotiated better deals with the carriers. A few months ago that would have easily been $65.

12 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's surprisingly reasonable shipping for a box that size and weight. I think it's right around what EMS would normally be. Maybe DHL and FedEx prices are finally coming back down to something reasonable, or maybe HLJ negotiated better deals with the carriers. A few months ago that would have easily been $65.

yeah, agree, it's more likely that HLJ was able to negotiate a better discount rate..    That good news for the incoming dx VF-1s Roy. 

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Heads up for those who still in the market for one of these;

DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Alto Saotome Use) Full Set Pack by Bandai (hlj.com)

at 23k decent price better than Amazon jp, and we know HLJ is dependable.

Thanks, @Angesdad! I missed the pre-order on this and don't have a YF-29 in my collection anymore so...B))

14 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

That HLJ link has been up with a limit of 20 since at least 7 AM EST when I woke up this morning, if it's still up expect a whole slew of cancellation notices going out.

-b.

HLJ's site is wonky. Luckily, the order that I placed was confirmed and has already shipped using DHL, so there's that. ^_^

Worth noting HLJ is doing discounts on shipping starting tomorrow for black friday. Unclear exactly what the details will be but probably worth holding in your Private Warehouse if you can. I got an order in, paid, confirmed and waiting for shipping now

On 10/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, Lolicon said:

Flory model washes are also good and very easy to use. Just use a moist paper towel or Q-tip to wipe off the excess.

https://www.florymodels.org/washes

Really impressed with the panel line effect you got on your YF-29.

Do you take any extra steps not described in the Flory models post? Is it just as simple as applying the wash, then wiping off the excess once dry?

On 10/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, Lolicon said:

Flory model washes are also good and very easy to use. Just use a moist paper towel or Q-tip to wipe off the excess.

https://www.florymodels.org/washes

Do you take any extra steps not described in the Flory models post? Is it just as simple as applying the wash, then wiping off the excess once dry?

10 hours ago, Hagerstrom said:

No that's pretty much it. It's really that easy. 

Since the YF-29 Alto was reissued like this, what are the chances Bandai will reissue some of the VF-25 Renewals with similar matte finish? 

I just started collecting a couple years ago, and missed out on all the Frontier releases. I just really want an Ozma and Alto, particularly Ozma with armored parts. 

43 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So are every valk of this release have the shoulders issue? Or is it only a few of them?

Heven't transformed mine to take a look, but it seems to be a fairly common issue in the left shoulder. saw a couple Youtube videos with similar issues.

Edited by leeboo1211
typo

• 3 weeks later...

Got one of these for Christmas, man, am I impressed! Love the paint quality, the improvements, the fit and finish even seems more refined. Transformed it to get rid of the factory “looseness” and was just impressed, especially as I just got done transforming my YF-29 30th Anniversary edition. As Jenius noted in his review, the hatches on the fast packs for the missiles are very tight and don’t really open all the way. I wonder if this is a test bed for a new slew of DX YF-29’s and Renewal VF-25’s with the new fixes, due to how similar the parts are between the molds? New VF-25 anyone?

Twich

5 hours ago, twich said:

Got one of these for Christmas, man, am I impressed! Love the paint quality, the improvements, the fit and finish even seems more refined. Transformed it to get rid of the factory “looseness” and was just impressed, especially as I just got done transforming my YF-29 30th Anniversary edition. As Jenius noted in his review, the hatches on the fast packs for the missiles are very tight and don’t really open all the way. I wonder if this is a test bed for a new slew of DX YF-29’s and Renewal VF-25’s with the new fixes, due to how similar the parts are between the molds? New VF-25 anyone?

Twich

I would be totally on board for matte finish renewal VF-25 Ozma/Alto...with armor packs!

10 hours ago, enphily said:

Crotch locking mechanism on my new YF-29 can't lock tight enough so in straight pose with fast pack it's disconnect and the body falling down.

But i like this figure anyway

FaN7m2meats.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

oFPLUEIvD40.jpg?size=1620x2160&quality=9

10 hours ago, Grey728 said:

This is my first YF-29 and I have no idea how that crotch part locks. The only way I could make this part secure was to install the battroid stand adaptor which gives it something to latch onto.

I'd have to check again on mine but I thought there was an issue until I locked it in for real. The angle is much deeper that I thought it would be and it also allows better range of articulation in the hips when it is locked. Try watching some different transformation vids until you get it right.

10 hours ago, Grey728 said:

This is my first YF-29 and I have no idea how that crotch part locks. The only way I could make this part secure was to install the battroid stand adaptor which gives it something to latch onto.

This is true. It's one of the weak parts of the figure even with the Renewals. The safe way is to use the stand adaptor that came with it or the adaptors from the Armored or Super Parts. Some of the Renewals that I acquire whether it's new or used, have a loose crotch lock connection so I ended up opening it and took a risk of repairing it.

Edit:
I'm adding here @jenius photo from his Anymoon site to point out the Version 2 crotch lock that I was referencing to. The area where you insert the metal swivel joint is the one that I fixed.

Bandai-V2-VF-25-15.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Crotch needs to be thrust out really far, like "Michael Jackson crotch thrust" far for maximum stability. Just pull that bad boy out as far as you can. 

Yup. The crotch area should look like the photo below. The "Masami Obari Crotch Thrust". ;) 

Saburo-YF-25-3.jpg

Photo from our own @Saburo.

21 minutes ago, enphily said:

how you repairing it?

My Alto's Messiah is currently in the box so I can't inspect it right now. But I do remember there's a screw that you can access it behind the moving crotch area. Though I can't remember what's making those grey plastic thing to lock it inside whether thru spring or sliding mechanism since it was years now when I repaired it. But I'm pretty sure there's a screw behind it that you can access it. I'm just guessing here now that if it's spring, then all I did probably is make the spring expand a little bit so that it will have a good tension on making the plastic tighter. Or if it's sliding mechanism, I probably did something on what makes the 'slider' tight.

Again, my apologies since my Alto is in the box somewhere in the closet.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My Alto's Messiah is currently in the box so I can't inspect it right now. But I do remember there's a screw that you can access it behind the moving crotch area. Though I can't remember what's making those grey plastic thing to lock it inside whether thru spring or sliding mechanism since it was years now when I repaired it. But I'm pretty sure there's a screw behind it that you can access it. I'm just guessing here now that if it's spring, then all I did probably is make the spring expand a little bit so that it will have a good tension on making the plastic tighter. Or if it's sliding mechanism, I probably did something on what makes the 'slider' tight.

Again, my apologies since my Alto is in the box somewhere in the closet.

thx, maybe i'll see later what i can do there