DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

22 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Hmmm I if the hips are still ball joints and the ankles have remained unchanged, then this is an easy pass for me. I hope Bandai or someone makes some better VF-25s and 29s. 

Hips are changed to VF-31 style. Ankles? I don’t think so. I hope it’s been tightened up or something too.

Okini Land has a preorder page up already if anyone doesn’t feel like waiting and doesn’t mind paying a slight markup to jump the gun ($243).

https://okini.land/en/20987-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-alto-saotome-custom-fullset-pack-bandai-spirits.html

I've seen their preorder prices change based on what other vendors are doing / how PO madness is going, so that price might drop tonight when Amazon, etc put their listings up. 

37 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Okini Land has a preorder page up already if anyone doesn’t feel like waiting and doesn’t mind paying a slight markup to jump the gun ($243).

https://okini.land/en/20987-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-alto-saotome-custom-fullset-pack-bandai-spirits.html

I've seen their preorder prices change based on what other vendors are doing / how PO madness is going, so that price might drop tonight when Amazon, etc put their listings up. 

It’s not a markup. 25,300 is the Tamashii MSRP (with Japanese tax). But yes NY and others will have it for 23,000 and less and without prepay. I just ordered and can confirm they give DHL as an option now.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Well, it seems to be sold out already so that’s not a great sign for tonight. 

59 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well, it seems to be sold out already so that’s not a great sign for tonight. 

I'm sure the first posted preorder would sell out no matter what the valkyrie or store. I'm sure this'll be easier than preorders for new items, but who knows if it'll be easy.

It would be nice to know if the finish is matte. I agree that the photos look like it which makes them look really nice.

37 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I'm sure the first posted preorder would sell out no matter what the valkyrie or store. I'm sure this'll be easier than preorders for new items, but who knows if it'll be easy.

It would be nice to know if the finish is matte. I agree that the photos look like it which makes them look really nice.

We shall see...we shall see. Easy and Bandai DX preorders don't seem to go together these days. :D

I'll be in for one of these. I've always liked the design, and the armor/fast pack set for them makes it look cool. I hope all the fixes come out well, and I do hope they do a non-glossy look to it as well. I won't expect it, but seeing what they did with the VF-31, I have some hope that they can update this properly. I do have all of them except for Ozma's, so I hope in me getting this one, that they decide to re-release that one as well.

21 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You did miss the first wave of Okini Land.  Sold out there already.

I didn't miss that, I chose to hold off until the actual PO launch. I do have one PO with Okini, if it turns out well I may go back to them again. Given all the current shipping shenanigans, I'm hoping to go with a retailer I'm more comfortable with this time around. 

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

I didn't miss that, I chose to hold off until the actual PO launch. I do have one PO with Okini, if it turns out well I may go back to them again. Given all the current shipping shenanigans, I'm hoping to go with a retailer I'm more comfortable with this time around. 

Word. This is probably a good PO to do that. Plus, they require prepayment.

DC379E6F-795D-4143-847A-1CEB8D54F544.jpeg

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I'm guessing that was a placeholder that was never available... but with HobbySearch, who can tell?

Just a placeholder right now:

DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Alto Saotome Custom) Full Set Pack (Completed) preorders will start after PM4:00 of 1st June, Japan time[GMT+9]