Sign in to follow this  
Dobber

Sv-51 & SV-52 differences

Has the SV-52 ever been seen? If so what are the differences between the two? I f the Sv-52 hasn't been seen does anyone know when it'll be seen. Tried a search here and on the Compendium (spelling) :p Thanks everyone!

Chris

Has the SV-52 ever been seen? If so what are the differences between the two? I f the Sv-52 hasn't been seen does anyone know when it'll be seen. Tried a search here and on the Compendium (spelling) :p Thanks everyone!

Chris

It´ll probably just be the nemesis of the VF-1 , with thermonuclear engines and more advanced armament.

Thanks guys! I figured as much but just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something. Aegis I hope you are right, that would be awesome!!!

Chris

Has the SV-52 ever been seen? If so what are the differences between the two?  I f the Sv-52 hasn't been seen does anyone know when it'll be seen. Tried a search here and on the Compendium (spelling) :p   Thanks everyone!

Chris

Actually, the SV-52 got a brief mention within the SV-51 entry on the Compendium. Not much is known except that it is modified from single-seat SV-51. I'd assume at this point that it's like a SV-51 Kai (personalized for Ivanov & Nora?!) with new numerical designation.

Quote:

VARIANTS:

SV-51 (single-seat variant): An estimated 32 units manufactured. (12 have been modified into SV-52 units.)

SV-51 (two-seat variant): An estimated 6 units manufactured.

[Note: Several units exists which have been modified for underwater launching capabilities from submarines. These units launch from a submarine at periscope depth to 30 m underwater by using rocket motors, and then fly after launch using standard turbojet engines. These units have been modified with improved waterproofing, pressure resistance, and folding wing construction to make them compact enough for stowage in the submarine launching docks.]

Or, it may not even come out into view in the OVA at all, remaining part of the setting and only seen through anime special books.

Edited by John Focker

Couldn't the 52 be an attack version since the Russian's give the fighter's odd number designations and even numbers to the bombers?

Couldn't the 52 be an attack version since the Russian's give the fighter's odd number designations and even numbers to the bombers?

Like possibly the Anti_UN's version of the VF-0D. Hopefully it'll be something like that or like what Aegis! said. I really hope it'll be something new!

Chris

SU-25 was a ground attack bird like the A-10, so that blows your theory

SU-25 was a ground attack bird like the A-10, so that blows your theory

Ah forgot about that ugly bastard...

Yeah I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to make something like a variable Tu-160.

All mention of the SV-52 on the Macross Compendium is gone... but its still on the Bandai Visual website (Outdated). So the emergence of the Gamma/Alpha version designations killed the SV-52 concept?

All mention of the SV-52 on the Macross Compendium is gone... but its still on the Bandai Visual website (Outdated). So the emergence of the Gamma/Alpha version designations killed the SV-52 concept?

Probably. So no more SV-52.

I think the SV-52 was canceled from the story when Kawamori was told they needed another six months to model it until it looked really good.

FV

i wonder what the model called? forget the name already............. :rolleyes:

I dont get it. :blink:

sorry..... post the wrong pic. Actually is this model. :rolleyes:

I STILL dont get it. :blink:

Why are you posting pictures of the VF-1 and the YF-21 in a SV-51/52 thread? :blink:

THIS is the SV-51:

Are there any notable differences between the SV-51 Gamma type and the tanned colored SV-51 Alpha  ?

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/anti_un...sv51/index.html

Not on the outside. The Gamma-version probably has some tweaking done to the engines, but that's outside of the specs so we don't count that. Heck, it's probably not even worth mentioning since it might be a unique tweak (as in DD and Nora only tweaked their Gamma-versions) The only other difference is the Gsh-231 12.7 mm mini-gun. The Alpha-version has 1, while the Gamma-version has 2.

Edited by azrael

Why are you posting pictures of the VF-1 and the YF-21 in a SV-51/52 thread?  :blink:

THIS is the SV-51:

that's not an sv-51!!

THIS is an sv-51 with 55mm slugs coming right at you!!!! B))

Edited by grss1982

Whoa! I definitely haven't seen the two seater 51 until today! That looks so Yukikaze....

Yeah it's called a fan-mod.

And what does this have to do with the thread topic?

I believe the original Sv-52 was thought to be a two-seat variant. (though actually, that's more like a two-cockpit variant)

Are there any notable differences between the SV-51 Gamma type and the tanned colored SV-51 Alpha ?

Yup there are differnces, price differences, at least at HLJ. there is a sale for the SV-51 Alpha ! Get while it while stocks last ! :lol:

Yup there are differnces, price differences, at least at HLJ. there is a sale for the SV-51 Alpha ! Get while it while stocks last ! :lol:

Please don't reply to stuff FOUR YEARS after it was posted.