1/72 Moscato DYRL Regult Battlepod

Mintox

I have finally finished my 1/72 Regult in between house renovations. The photos are a little rushed as I didn't have much time to set them up properly but I think they are passable.

post-30595-0-34013700-1446347432_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-30174900-1446347437_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-91139400-1446347440_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-40805500-1446347444_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-39041200-1446347447_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-09302100-1446347451_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-93667600-1446347453_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-81346400-1446347456_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-72865800-1446347459_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-17699800-1446347462_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-81910400-1446347489_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-72917600-1446347493_thumb.jpg

Amazing work! That interior is perfect!

Cheers it did turn out well and I would if I could do another I would do lighting in it. Maybe a blue or green light would really work well.

I love the attention you've given to the interior. Great job.

Thanks I probably spent too much time on it given you cant see inside it much. There are padded cushions in the roof space of the roof mounted laser thingies but you cant see it so its a bit wasted but at least I knows it there :-) I added them thinking the roof was a bit bare but it kinda makes sense so the pilot isnt banging his head on the ceiling.

I'd say they're more than passable!

Yeah it turned out well but that grey background is crapy. Too many shadows. Maybe next time I'll give it a good ironing to flatten it some more.

Captain-approved! Amazing work :D

Outstanding job!

That came out gorgeous! The interior looks great and an area that often gets left out with this subject. The outside looks great too! - MT

Thanks everyone for the praise. I appreciate it. It is a great kit and I know John wont make these again but boy if he did grab one. I think he has captured the lines of the Regult. I've held his Glaug and I wished I had gotten one of those. Now to make a start on my Hasegawa 1/72 Battroid with strike packs.

Hope this helps you CluStm4n:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42628

You might find your answers for the builds in the workshop section. This section should be for any completed Macross builds or kits releases. The workshop is for any builds that are WIP.

Edited by wmkjr

great job, looks realistic, i have few question or any recomendations for this model, i'm gonna start to paint that model very soon, i'm planning to use vallejo air

brand of paint did you use?

hand paiting or airbrush?

did u use primer?

washes?

Hi Clu

Happy to answer your questions.

Brand of paint did you use? : A mixture of Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color Acrylics with the hand painted stuff like the interior details with Citadel acrylics.

hand painting or airbrush?: Both. Two dual action airbrushes and multiple paint brushes. Base colours of the model all airbrushed. Tonal changes with airbrush with base colour lightened slightly. Details picked out with brushes.

did u use primer?: Yep Tamiya Surface Primer. Grey or white doesn’t matter. Standard or fine doesn’t matter either. Comes in a spray can or bulk for airbrushing. Again doesn’t matter which one you use. I always do an undercoat. Apart from giving the paint something to bite into it also highlights any imperfections.

washes?: Citadel and Tamiya acrylics thinned. Some artists oils thinned with spirits. Also used Mig weathering powders and Tamiya weathering powders.

Scratches: All by hand this time. Varying shades of grey. Interior was also washed in random areas with Citadel Gryphone Sepia. A lovely burnt golden-brown wash.

Tips for building this kit: Lots of patience. And super glue. My Hatch was a terrible fit although I did get it to a stage where I could have posed it closed but I thought bugger it and left it opened.

Hi Clu

Happy to answer your questions.

Brand of paint did you use? : A mixture of Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color Acrylics with the hand painted stuff like the interior details with Citadel acrylics.

hand painting or airbrush?: Both. Two dual action airbrushes and multiple paint brushes. Base colours of the model all airbrushed. Tonal changes with airbrush with base colour lightened slightly. Details picked out with brushes.

did u use primer?: Yep Tamiya Surface Primer. Grey or white doesn’t matter. Standard or fine doesn’t matter either. Comes in a spray can or bulk for airbrushing. Again doesn’t matter which one you use. I always do an undercoat. Apart from giving the paint something to bite into it also highlights any imperfections.

washes?: Citadel and Tamiya acrylics thinned. Some artists oils thinned with spirits. Also used Mig weathering powders and Tamiya weathering powders.

Scratches: All by hand this time. Varying shades of grey. Interior was also washed in random areas with Citadel Gryphone Sepia. A lovely burnt golden-brown wash.

Tips for building this kit: Lots of patience. And super glue. My Hatch was a terrible fit although I did get it to a stage where I could have posed it closed but I thought bugger it and left it opened.

hi! dude thx for your time for answer,

i will check the citadel paints,I've never used does paint before, I really dont like the pot,

I will post my model when finished and with the paints what i decided to use, i think i will go with vallejo and mig for test

and for the details and efects i will give a change to MIG washes and chipping

thx

hi! dude thx for your time for answer,

i will check the citadel paints,I've never used does paint before, I really dont like the pot,

I will post my model when finished and with the paints what i decided to use, i think i will go with vallejo and mig for test

and for the details and efects i will give a change to MIG washes and chipping

thx

The Vallejo is amazing stuff. Citadel is on par but let down admittedly by their stupid choice of pots. Still their acrylics brush beautifully. MIG stuff goes without saying. It is great stuff and money well worth spent. They just dont have the colour range (yet).

Hope to see your finished models too.

• 1 month later...

Not bad going from a guy who cursed and swore and said he'd never touch another resin kit! :D Seriously, Mintox is an injection-plastic loyalist and finds resin stressful so this really is a bit of a tribute to his mad skills, the dirty swine. I've seen this build in the flesh and it's actually more gorgeous than it looks in pics; wish I could do half as well on the paint front. Talented *and* a handsome brute to boot. OK, that last bit was a lie. :D :D

• 2 months later...

Not bad going from a guy who cursed and swore and said he'd never touch another resin kit! :D Seriously, Mintox is an injection-plastic loyalist and finds resin stressful so this really is a bit of a tribute to his mad skills, the dirty swine. I've seen this build in the flesh and it's actually more gorgeous than it looks in pics; wish I could do half as well on the paint front. Talented *and* a handsome brute to boot. OK, that last bit was a lie. :D :D

Hehehe yeah I think I did curse this kit A-LOT! Yeah well if given the choice I'll choose injection over resin any day. Resin is good for detail parts but thats about it for me. Having said that this kit like all of Johns kits does stand out of the pack but having been burnt by someone on this forum very recently with a resin kit I stand by my view on resin kits in general.

Handsome? You scoundrel you!

Love the color palette and the subtle, believable weathering! I've got a long way to go with my paint apps! Moscato does fantastic sculpts and you sir did a great job on the build!! My favorite Regult to date!

Cheers. I didn't think it would work because the white didn't tone down as much as I had hoped but it kind of gives it a other worldly look so I'm happy with it.

Wow! really great work!!!

Cheers mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the interior details! and also great paint chipping technique, was it dry brushing or done with alclad underneath?

All the chipping was done by hand with a 00 brush. Time consuming but I get greater control when doing it that way.