Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

I don't know about you but I think I'm gonna start cooking meth on the side

gotta come up with something that's for sure..

Can't forget the "Forever mint in box" :D

Hmmm... most of my organs of have been pre-sold and I sold my soul long ago... I'll need to make money for 10 of them. :lol: I am already thinking if Bandai releases the TV Roy, Max, Milia and Kakizaki, then DYRL versions too!

Apparently I'll be getting 10 of them according to spanner. :lol:

But I am planning on 2, but who knows it could be 3.

I think 2 to 3 is a good number.. 3 prefferably so they can be displayed in each mode of course.. but! due to their size where the hell are they gonna fit on display!?!?

Edited by spanner76

Why do it 1/35 when 1/60 seems more appropriate?

Why go small when you can go big! but with Bandai's Hi-metal 1/100 line it seems they're going both ways.

And someone already mention about licensing for the 1/60 line. It's probably too troublesome to get the license only to release something that Yamato/Arcadia been releasing the past x amount of years. Fans that wanted at that scale probably got it already.

im perfectly happy with Bandai going the larger size as I didn't particularly want another 1:60 line seeing how many of the bloody things already I have from Yamato and Arcadia. And why would Bandai want to do a 1:60 as its already been done to death when they can go bigger! Its gonna be a novelty and look how many people have reacted to it in this very thread! Some are willing to sell body parts, even their souls for this thing! And I don't blame them! I would too its just that I need those parts to be able to function day to day..

Besides its better they make something aside the norm.. we all need something new and interesting to keep the passion alive! Personally I simply can't wait for these things to hit the market! How im gonna pay for them is unknown at this stage but that's just part of the thrill & desire of the purchase! :D

Edited by spanner76

waiting to see the 1/35 gunpod that fires bb's! :p

or an internal lighted up instrument cluster.....swoon.....

BBs? You're thinking too small my friend.

A voice activated fully automatic transformation system is more like it. You have to yell TRANSFORMATION!! (in Japanese of course, we international fan doesn't exist remember. ;) ) for it to work though.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

I want to see is armpits.

Sounds weird, I know. But i want to see what gaps or covers the are between the chest and the backplate in battroid. Same with the slave behind the head.

Slaves and armpits?!? Are you on the right forum?

LOL

Edited by hirohawa

BBs? You're thinking too small my friend.

A voice activated fully automatic transformation system is more like it. You have to yell TRANSFORMATION!! (in Japanese of course, we international fan doesn't exist remember. ;) ) for it to work though.

easy with google translator! 変換!!

henkan!!

I want to see is armpits.

Sounds weird, I know. But i want to see what gaps or covers the are between the chest and the backplate in battroid. Same with the slave behind the head.

thats taking valk fetish to another level!

Before Yamato "got it right" in 1/60......they tried it in 1/48.....

With that square hand, is it safe to say that this is a dyrl VF-1J?

The lineart in the background is for the TV version....so they probably will include fixed pose clown hands....it would be amazing if they also would include articulated clown hands....

Probably the first VF-1 toy that doesn't has the visible pin or misshaped panel line on the gerwalk joint like the yamato's or it's 1/100 counterpart, but hopefully they won't repeat the pop out knee caps like the 1/72 model kit did.

Only gripe is that I wished it would have been a VF-1S!

I actually like the VF-1J better in many respects.

Wonder why it needs a stand in batteroid is it that heavy he can't stand on his own?

It's still a prototype, likely with lots of heavy resin parts for the time being. Very typical to need display support for such pre-production pieces.

So if this should be the best VF-1 toy ever why are the landing lights in the wings the same plastic as the wings? All my hopes for accurate looking landing gear are gone now that I noticed that they can't even to the landing lights right. Why bother with the lit position lights in the legs if Bandai can't even get that detailing right????

Could be an issue of the prototype though. ^_^

Back to business:

Okay, can I pose a guess? There's something in the nosecone that folds out to receive the legs. The legs then do the anime accurate transformation and latch on to those connection points.

I agree with you. If this is transformable the bumps on the side of the nosecone should be not that broken up as shown in the Battroid-Mode. I assume the leg transformation is accurate and the hip joint rotates around 180 degrees into the nosecone hiding the hip joint and creating the bumps on the side of the nosecone.

I don't understand why the nosecone is that long. In that scale they should be able to come up with a mechanism to shorten the nosecone for Battroid-Mode. Maybe split part of the fuselage apart that will fill out the sides of the Battroid-Mode.

All you guys trying to get multiples for display....don't forget....you also need to display fully clothed.....and butt naked! :o

gallery_12176_640_1644123.jpg

Possible removable armor panels that expose the inner mechanical detail? Yeah, that sound like something Bandai would do.

We are slowly moving towards 1/1.....baby steps! :rolleyes:

We might need to sell our houses to be able to buy it if that happens. :lol:

The Riveting lines are nice. Very sweet detail.

So is this thing going to transform? Is that the word on the street?

I'm glad I'm not interested in the new stuff or Frontier so it leaves my pockets wide open. The amount of repaints Bandai they pump out puts Hot Toys to shame.

I'd much rather sink my money into this, as I'm assuming this will have SOC type quality and some weight to it.

Edited by Gakken85

attachicon.gifDXVF1J.jpg

Reposting the image. Hope this one will have perfect transformation based on the lineart. Details looks awesome. ;)

Still wishing it was the 1S though. :(

there is always hope! after all what is a1S other than a new head and repaint.. Likely the sales of the first will drive the rest...

I also hope that its legs are tight enough to stand on its own!

I thk securing it would need to be thought out so it wont topple over but yet will not interfere with the overall display..

attachicon.gifDXVF1J.jpg

Reposting the image. Hope this one will have perfect transformation based on the lineart. Details looks awesome. ;)

Still wishing it was the 1S though. :(

I am sure the 1S is coming. the 1J is Jab, then the 1S will be the follow up punch, followed be repeated punches in the form of repaints. We are about to take a beating. :lol:

I wonder what the price point will be 400-500?

I am hoping $300 - $400.