Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

Guest davidwhangchoi

hmm, here's some side by side pics with the 1/60 and 1/48 with the 1/35 prototype

arcvf1hik1.jpgdxs.jpgphoto27.jpg

credit: veef's site for this photo

definitely the way chest drops over.. too high and forward and yeah maybe it's the heatshield that's too long... that whole nose part looks weird :wacko:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I like the blockier shoulders, looks more intimidating. I don't think the angle of the one pic we have let's me determine too much as far as the size of the chest and the position of the head goes. The shape of the lower half of the leg looks like a big improvement over the 1/48, as does the wings aligning with the nosecone. They actually put a little angle on the red stripe on the chest for once.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I like the blockier shoulders, looks more intimidating. I don't think the angle of the one pic we have let's me determine too much as far as the size of the chest and the position of the head goes. The shape of the lower half of the leg looks like a big improvement over the 1/48, as does the wings aligning with the nosecone. They actually put a little angle on the red stripe on the chest for once.

it does look more intimidating. i guess it's preference.

i'm just looking at the backdrop and those valks on the blue curtain starkly contrasts the chest/shoulder area of the 1/35.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Should we be judging the 1/35th by how close it is going to be to the lineart....or to a previous release's attempt at getting close to the lineart.... :blink:

i think the 1/60 v2 is pretty darn close :wub: the hi metals actually look ok as well, they're just a bit small.

So far i prefer Bandai's styling more than Yamato's. This 1/35 appears to be an upscaled version of the HI-Metal plus better joint design.

They will still need shorter wings and hopefully the first retractable nose cone to match the battroid lineart.

Maybe it will come with swappable 'shorter wings'. At this scale it would be funny if it did. :lol:

What Mr Cheng said----this is Bandai, the landing gear could SUCK.

I'm personally hoping for a really nice fighter mode, with formation lights and everything. Maybe even a taxiing light for the nose gear. We all know a lit-up fighter mode could look even cooler than a lit-up battroid. But only if done right, with good landing gear.

Edit-----ooh, light up cockpit maybe?

Definitely the light up cockpit is a must. ;)

Loving the prototype shot so far! Do we still call the 1/35 a toy or display piece?

If it does transform though, i wonder how would the lighting be handled, additionally there would be wiring components to think abt now, so that it continues to light up in all 3 modes.

From the prototype it seems that 1 power source is lighting everything.

The other way would be seperate battery packs of course but that would involve turning each component on one by one...

I'm guessing, they might use those Bandai Gundam's LED kit to save the wiring and stuff like that during transformation.

i think the 1/60 v2 is pretty darn close :wub: the hi metals actually look ok as well, they're just a bit small.

Yamato's VF-1 is the current king.......at 1/35 and with the undoubtedly higher accompanying price tag.......Bandai needs to be all in it to dethrone it.....otherwise it is just a waste of everyone's time....and more importantly...money! :rolleyes:

hmm, here's some side by side pics with the 1/60 and 1/48 with the 1/35 prototype

http://collectiondx.com/files/arcvf1hik1.jpghttp://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/dxs.jpghttp://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/412983-5/photo27.jpg

definitely the way chest drops over.. too high and forward and yeah maybe it's the heatshield that's too long... that whole nose part looks weird :wacko:

IMO yamarcadia gets the proportion right by having the heat-shied the same in height as the upper chest. The 1/35 version looks odd especially on the tiny overhang red stripe because the upper Chest is only 1/3 of the heat-shield. Again, it's probably bandai focuses on fighter mode. Edited by Vi-RS

Heat shield is definitely too long.. and the whole cockpit fuselage and nose section are longer than they should be.. although that's based on comparing it against a Yam-Arc v2.. which seems to be the benchmark. Even if it isn't 100% true to the line art.

I must admit im liking the bulkier shoulders pads too! Not that I don't think the shoulder pads of the v2 VF-1 aren't good, they are a little compact. Probably done to better fit under the body for fighter mode. The head also sits lower within the upper body between shoulders. That may be closer to the line art and anime but I much prefer the head position of the v2 VF-1 as its a better balance of proportions. Legs are good too, definitely a better shape than the 48's.. and do you think the hands might look a little too large? Not that it looks bad or wrong, just an observation. But gees I hope they FULLY articulate!

v2 1:60's are definitely the VF-1 benchmark which I don't see changing any time soon! The Hi-Metals.. hmmm im not so sure their proportions look that good. Not bad by any means just not great. I think the size of the toy would have definitely caused some limitations during design and manufacture. Then again I can't judge as I have never owned one and only going by photos which often don't do justice.

What if Bandai decides to continue the madness with a 1/35 ultra detailed "Valkyries of Macross" line? Next up.....YF-19!

Who'$ in? :)

Im in but just excuse me while I just go rob a bank first..

The gap from where the nose cone joins to the forward fuselage to where the very front of the cockpit canopy starts looks a little gappy which might be causing the long nose looking effect.

This is my main gripe!!! There's a huge gap between the start of the canopy and the black stripe from the nosecone. You are right this makes for an elongated looking torso. Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

This is my main gripe!!! There's a huge gap between the start of the canopy and the black stripe from the nosecone. You are right this makes for an elongated looking torso.

Means we'll just have to put up with that or keep it in gerwalk or fighter mode and problem solved! hehe!

Thanks for the closer pic. To me, it looks like they are using some sort of swing bar mechanism for the hip transformation. Those little pieces that are holding the hips onto the main fuselage look like they might clip over the little nubbies on the nosecone. If that's the case, then it seems to be an adaptation of the one used in the Hi-Metals.

It doesn't look like they are going the route of trying to implement an anime accurate leg transformation. Maybe they learned their lesson from the 1/72 model kit. I never thought anime accurate leg transformation in a toy was a good idea to begin with.

maybe so.. but.. we will actually get GBP parts? Supers are realistic (hopefully an inclusion) but beyond that I have doubts. Would be nice though! Man this thing is gonna cost a fortune.. :unsure:

Depending on availability (This IS Bandai after all) and price, if it's expensive enough, I'd cancel my VF-0S and VF-4G pre-orders for it. The last remaining thing I'm waiting on other than the two aforementioned things, is fighter mode. If it sucks, Bandai can kiss my balls. But if it's great, then there isn't much I wouldn't do to make sure I have this.

As far as gimmicks are concerned, I'd gladly trade the visor light for a lit up instrument panel.