BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 12/26/2023 at 11:00 AM, no3Ljm said:

Did Bandai included a canopy shutters accessory part to go along with the helmet-less Isamu with this release? The Full Set from what I remember didn’t have it. Thanks.

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-09h29m15s136.png

I've actually been surprised that no one has ever included that extra rear canopy cover.

It would be pretty easy to make a 3D print of though, just a solid plastic printed copy of the existing canopy, with the paneling detail, and a fixed tab to slot into where the hinge mounts.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:00 AM, no3Ljm said:

Did Bandai included a canopy shutters accessory part to go along with the helmet-less Isamu with this release? The Full Set from what I remember didn’t have it. Thanks.

Isn't it great that Yang had the foresight to predict that the 19 pilot might need to eject the rear seat occupant in case he tried to kill the pilot mid-flight, and included a means to reseal the cockpit?

Lockheed Martin should be taking notes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 11:58 PM, Lolicon said:

Isn't it great that Yang had the foresight to predict that the 19 pilot might need to eject the rear seat occupant in case he tried to kill the pilot mid-flight, and included a means to reseal the cockpit?

Lockheed Martin should be taking notes.

How about Boeing?  This tech could be the solution for when planes jettison "door plugs."  If only they had hired Yang.  😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I am vacationing in New York right now, went into Times Square, to the Tamashii Nations store and scored me a Bandai DX Chogokin YF-19 AND a Tiny Sessions VF-25F Metallic Tamashii Nationd Store exclusive! I also got a Tamashii Nations Metal Build Strike Gundam Heliopolis Rollour Version Tamashii Store exclusive with the Launcher Striker add on set!IMG_0469.jpeg.fd4234491f501947484328c9405c47da.jpeg

-PS- I’m the one holding the bags!

Twich 

14 hours ago, twich said:

So, I am vacationing in New York right now, went into Times Square, to the Tamashii Nations store and scored me a Bandai DX Chogokin YF-19 AND a Tiny Sessions VF-25F Metallic Tamashii Nationd Store exclusive! I also got a Tamashii Nations Metal Build Strike Gundam Heliopolis Rollour Version Tamashii Store exclusive with the Launcher Striker add on set!

-PS- I’m the one holding the bags!

Twich 

Sweet, nice pick ups!   I actually work nearby and had no idea it was there.  I'll have to stop by and check it out.  Hope you had a great time in NYC.

12 hours ago, jenius said:

If anyone else goes, I could use that tiny session metallic exclusive!

I pinged ya. 

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Sweet, nice pick ups!   I actually work nearby and had no idea it was there.  I'll have to stop by and check it out.  Hope you had a great time in NYC.

I pinged ya. 

Thanks! The other guy in the picture actually lives on Long Island and was a godsend playing tour guide/subway/commuter train guide!

Twich

Finally got home from vacation and got to open my acquisitions. The VF-171EX Armored was stressful moving the legs to get the armor on, I was so worried the legs would snap off it I moved it wrong! Love the new YF-19! I don’t need the missiles or fast packs, but that is my preference, I already have the VF-19 Advance. The Tiny Sessions VF-25F Tamashii Store exclusive is my first Tiny Session toy, and I think it is really nice, though  I will have to play around with it more to see if it is $50 nice.

TwichIMG_1220.jpeg.45bbb8b0b782330f7ee22af76a76930a.jpeg

Got a re-issue from Amazon as well.

I probably should have expected this given the track record of their releases since 2020, but the QC is kinda lacking compared to the VF-19 Adv and the original YF-19 full set release.

Just to list a few things:

• The bottom panel of the gullet likes to keep popping out.
  • The head "cap" fits extremely loosely on the head, with basically no friction, and turning the figure upside down in battroid mode is enough for it to fall right off.
  • The head unit itself has a wobbly neck joint that won't stay extended.
  • The back half of the canopy wiggles around very loosely

On a positive note, the wings on the metal hinges are tighter than on the two 19 Advance and the YF-19 releases that I have.

Those had very floppy loose wings and this one doesn't. So one thing was improved at least. 

On 12/26/2023 at 11:00 AM, no3Ljm said:

Just to confirm, no, there is no cover for this.

I also have the loose head cap and one of my ankles doesn't want to stay extended either. Jenius' transformation guide mentions the bottom panel thing so that may have been an issue on previous releases.

I remember battroid locking together pretty securely on my VF-19Advance, but the head/shoulders pop off from the nose cone super easily on my YF-19. They're easy to pop back in, but it's pretty annoying. Things generally seem to either be "too tight" or "too loose." The joints that are tight are crazy difficult to move out of place; the wing roots and the nose cone particularly gave me a lot of trouble. It was generally was a lot less fun to transform than the VF-19.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I think you're just buying a fold booster, not the DX YF-19. You can select a YF-19 but the price jumps.

Ahhh!  I see now.  Thanks!  I am new to AliExpress.  Wow, thiat site is a bit confusing for me to figure out.