BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Yep, you have to freeze-frame it while they do a fast flyby.  It's the bit where they blow past the skyscrapers so fast that all the windows shatter.

I am pretty sure that pic has the wing entirely detached, and held upright by a support though.  If anything, that pic is one of the best examples of how badly Bandai bloated the black stripe on the spine, behind the canopy.  It's supposed to be above the canards.  <_< 

The CYA "You're doing it wrong" note is pretty insulting though, and Bandai's molding has had this sort of issue before, with the VF-19 Advance, even.  I had to do some cutting and filing of the tabs on the VF-25-style wing boosters before they would latch, because the locking tabs looked like someone had smushed them with a hot iron.  I'm thinking they're pushing production schedules, and popping things out of the molds before they're ready.

You can see it here (more in the reflection on the sky scrapers than anywhere else).  I agree that it was probably more function of transformation than an actual "feature" the toy makers wanted to implement.  But if they could excuse the floppiness of the wings as a "feature" it helps them.

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

You can see it here (more in the reflection on the sky scrapers than anywhere else).  I agree that it was probably more function of transformation than an actual "feature" the toy makers wanted to implement.  But if they could excuse the floppiness of the wings as a "feature" it helps them.

Ahhhh I see it. Thanks

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I had completely forgotten that the YF-19 wings were supposed to be able to fold upwards...

image.png.a3de55bd07d5cafa54569f09d1816814.png

The wing is detached for repairs. You can tell it even if the shot has a perspective. The wing root housing area is a little bit higher from the lower part of the folded wing. It would've made more sense if the folded wing is a little bit or positioned leveled with the wing root housing (the plane center body horizon line).

Ok. I guess, it's my turn to vent out something. Well, it's more of like a funny experience to me. I think. First time happened to me. :rolleyes: I know at the end of a day, it's a little bit frustrating since it involves a big amount of money. But I just don't want to think about it too seriously. So I'm keeping my cool. 8)

Three weeks ago, I bought the cheapest DX YF-19 I could find over eBay at $230 shipped from China. Last I checked my tracking it was delivered at my work's mail facility last Saturday. After not getting it from Monday to Tuesday, I panicked. So I browsed My eBay last night and check it again. Yeah, it was shipped and delivered according to it. So now, for curiosity sake, I went back to the seller's feedback page and see if there's anyone besides me who bought the rest of his '5' DX YF-19 units (6 got sold within a day or two when I purchased mine.), assuming they already received theirs ahead of me has left some feedbacks already. And lo and behold, there's one stating 'Paid $230 figure but the seller send me a small plastic box. Cheater!'. I now have to panic, right? Nah. I still need to think positive. Besides, if I get it, it's going to be one cheap YF-19, right? ;) 

Today, Wednesday morning. The reception said, there's a 'letter packet' that was waiting for me in the mailroom. I was like, a 'letter packet'? And when I saw it, it is indeed a 'letter packet mailer padded envelope'. (Say that 10 times faster. :lol: ) With the same tracking number that I'm following. Instinct kicks in. I said to myself I have to shoot a video while opening this and took pictures of it at the same time. And when I opened it... it wasn't a 'plastic box' like the other buyer received. It was a freaking Disposable Plastic Raincoats. That's right with an 's' coz I got two! For $230, I got 2 Disposable Plastic Raincoats. It would've been nice if the raincoats have printed Makina pictures on it. :lol: 

Anyways, the ending is that, I already did file for a Full Refund. And if the seller didn't respond up to Oct 30, then eBay will take over.

On a side note though, I woke up this morning with an email stating I won a bid for an opened DX VF-31A last night at YJA. Once again, it was the 'cheapest' one I could find. And yes, I did check the seller's feedback and it's a 75/25 ratio. So cross fingers. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm
Added eBay Seller Feedback Page Link. Seller's name: chenchenchenhui. Please beware.

9 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Are the leg fins really damaged? Or was it just not assembled correctly? I didn’t have the issue on both my copies so I can’t picture what’s causing them to fall off easily for those with it.

Popping off easily Bandai explains as being 'to prevent damage to the thin, fragile parts'. So working as intended, they just pop back on.

The issue some people have had is that one will be less sturdy than the other, and at extremes will also be misaligned. This aspect usually affects the left fin, and the consensus is that it's due to a design defect at the joint. However, should yours be aligned properly out of the box, then it should be fine (but will still pop off rather easily). The issue is that Bandai is only addressing the 'pops off' part and states that any further issue must be the customer's fault, and does not even address the issues with those who received completely misaligned fins.

10 hours ago, Sildani said:

The consensus is the mounts the fins attach to were mis-molded, the left more severely than the right. 

25 minutes ago, Nomake Wan said:

Popping off easily Bandai explains as being 'to prevent damage to the thin, fragile parts'. So working as intended, they just pop back on.

The issue some people have had is that one will be less sturdy than the other, and at extremes will also be misaligned. This aspect usually affects the left fin, and the consensus is that it's due to a design defect at the joint. However, should yours be aligned properly out of the box, then it should be fine (but will still pop off rather easily). The issue is that Bandai is only addressing the 'pops off' part and states that any further issue must be the customer's fault, and does not even address the issues with those who received completely misaligned fins.

Ah, thanks for the explanation guys. Actually, my leg fins stay on pretty securely. I think I'd have to forcefully pull them off if I wanted to detach them. Hence I was pretty surprised when I read that others had their leg fins detach at the slightest touch. 

If it's a molding issue, I find it strange though if some copies would have a molding issue while others (like mine) don't. I always thought the molds used were the same, or maybe they used multiples and one of them was already showing some wear.

If it's misaligned, then that's an assembly issue. But apparently even after popping the fin back on, it still doesn't stay on securely for the others (unless for some reason it's not being put back on in the correct way).  

So maybe it's a little bit of both? Definitely a quality issue in either case.

11 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation guys. Actually, my leg fins stay on pretty securely. I think I'd have to forcefully pull them off if I wanted to detach them. Hence I was pretty surprised when I read that others had their leg fins detach at the slightest touch. 

If it's a molding issue, I find it strange though if some copies would have a molding issue while others (like mine) don't. I always thought the molds used were the same, or maybe they used multiples and one of them was already showing some wear.

If it's misaligned, then that's an assembly issue. But apparently even after popping the fin back on, it still doesn't stay on securely for the others (unless for some reason it's not being put back on in the correct way).  

So maybe it's a little bit of both? Definitely a quality issue in either case.

It is possible that there was more than 1 mold used, which is possible if they had more than one manufacturing pipeline and ran them in parallel.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I guess, it's my turn to vent out something. Well, it's more of like a funny experience to me. I think. First time happened to me. :rolleyes: I know at the end of a day, it's a little bit frustrating since it involves a big amount of money. But I just don't want to think about it too seriously. So I'm keeping my cool. 8)

Three weeks ago, I bought the cheapest DX YF-19 I could find over eBay at $230 shipped from China. Last I checked my tracking it was delivered at my work's mail facility last Saturday. After not getting it from Monday to Tuesday, I panicked. So I browsed My eBay last night and check it again. Yeah, it was shipped and delivered according to it. So now, for curiosity sake, I went back to the seller's feedback page and see if there's anyone besides me who bought the rest of his '5' DX YF-19 units (6 got sold within a day or two when I purchased mine.), assuming they already received theirs ahead of me has left some feedbacks already. And lo and behold, there's one stating 'Paid $230 figure but the seller send me a small plastic box. Cheater!'. I now have to panic, right? Nah. I still need to think positive. Besides, if I get it, it's going to be one cheap YF-19, right? ;) 

Today, Wednesday morning. The reception said, there's a 'letter packet' that was waiting for me in the mailroom. I was like, a 'letter packet'? And when I saw it, it is indeed a 'letter packet mailer padded envelope'. (Say that 10 times faster. :lol: ) With the same tracking number that I'm following. Instinct kicks in. I said to myself I have to shoot a video while opening this and took pictures of it at the same time. And when I opened it... it wasn't a 'plastic box' like the other buyer received. It was a freaking Disposable Plastic Raincoats. That's right with an 's' coz I got two! For $230, I got 2 Disposable Plastic Raincoats. It would've been nice if the raincoats have printed Makina pictures on it. :lol: 

Anyways, the ending is that, I already did file for a Full Refund. And if the seller didn't respond up to Oct 30, then eBay will take over.

On a side note though, I woke up this morning with an email stating I won a bid for an opened DX VF-31A last night at YJA. Once again, it was the 'cheapest' one I could find. And yes, I did check the seller's feedback and it's a 75/25 ratio. So cross fingers. :rolleyes:

That’s nuts

next time check the feedback before it’s too good to be true lol. Same thing happened to me back when amiibos from Nintendo were a craze. Bought one thinking it was a steal turns out I get a toothbrush. Easily got my money back. 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Three weeks ago, I bought the cheapest DX YF-19 I could find over eBay at $230 shipped from China. Last I checked my tracking it was delivered at my work's mail facility last Saturday. After not getting it from Monday to Tuesday, I panicked. So I browsed My eBay last night and check it again. Yeah, it was shipped and delivered according to it. So now, for curiosity sake, I went back to the seller's feedback page and see if there's anyone besides me who bought the rest of his '5' DX YF-19 units who left some feedbacks. And lo and behold, there's one stating 'Paid $230 figure but the seller send me a small plastic box. Cheater!'. I now have to panic, right? Nah. I still need to think positive. Besides, if I get it, it's going to be one cheap YF-19, right? ;) 

Basically my worst nightmare.  Thank god for ebay's buyer protections though.

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, I only just now noticed that the YF-19's head laser broke off during the Isamu/Guld fight at Macross City on Earth.

image.png.e2f993e54dd9266b4d1b58483f722835.png

Wow, so Bandai was trying for added realism in having the head laser on the DX Chogokin YF-19 break off during shipping for some folks?

Yup, that's what I first thought of when we started getting reports of broken lasers. 

Bandai: The broken head lasers are there so people can recreate this scene! 

3 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

That’s nuts

next time check the feedback before it’s too good to be true lol. Same thing happened to me back when amiibos from Nintendo were a craze. Bought one thinking it was a steal turns out I get a toothbrush. Easily got my money back. 

Hey VF-Zer0S. Don't get me wrong. I do read his feedback before buying it. I probably just gave him the benefit of the doubt since the seller has somehow a 70/30 ratio of good feedback. And I'm kind of got excited on the price tag too. Can't blame me there. ;) 

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Basically my worst nightmare.  Thank god for ebay's buyer protections though.

Yeah. I'm super thankful of that. And I took photos of it too. So hopefully I'll get my refund soon so I can pay my CC for getting that VF-31A at YJA. ^_^

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yup, that's what I first thought of when we started getting reports of broken lasers. 

Bandai: The broken head lasers are there so people can recreate this scene! 

And we're like: We can recreate the scene, Bandai?! :blink: That means you're making the DX YF-21?! :yahoo: 

This is on you, Lolicon. Let's knock on wood. ^_^ :good: 

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I thought the VF-19 Advance was actually a customized VF-19EF model that Isamu had tweaked to restore it to the same specification as the prototype?

On that note, can we start yelling at Bandai to tweak their mold in the reverse direction, and give us this beauty? :D

caliburn.jpg.dee166c80a95167874ae4e4e09a8ed93.jpg

Bandai also need to do the VF-19 Nothung. They have more money than Arcadia to pay some copyrights to produce. ^_^

21952.jpg.3a3a3e8dc083e464799638061be5c6ea.jpg

product_13333227_o_1.jpg.7252aadadd631407dcf2f569f9ac9c3e.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey VF-Zer0S. Don't get me wrong. I do read his feedback before buying it. I probably just gave him the benefit of the doubt since the seller has somehow a 70/30 ratio of good feedback. And I'm kind of got excited on the price tag too. Can't blame me there. ;)

That is awful! That happened to me on eBay too! I bought the MoShow 1:72 Strike from a seller, and got sent a keychain. The seller had perfect feedback before I purchased the item, and after the ordeal his feedback was rock bottom, and his account was deleted, so checking feedback isn't always reliable, as scammers can generate fake feedback pretty easily. Fortunately I got all my money back from PayPal, but the bad thing is - Did PayPal get money back from the scammer... probably not, so they lose in the end.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to admit, if I was selling one on Ebay i have no idea how they could make any money selling it at $230 including shipping plus Ebay fees. Unless they stole one from the factory in China, in which case fair enough. lol.

I would have to sell my second YF-19 for a lot more just to break even due it being subjected to Customs...

no3Ljm that sucks! Good thing is you will get your money back.

My only ebay valk encounter was a v1 armored vf 25s combo.

What I ended up receiving was a regular v1 vf 25s.

Seller offered to refund 50% but hell no!

It took weeks to convince the seller to refund me for returning the package to asia.

Since then, no more macross from ebay.

43 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

It took weeks to convince the seller to refund me for returning the package to asia.

Anyone need a refresher?? :p

2ewb7r_jpg_83340e0c2b83ad9f3717b621f40ea2d6.jpg

Edit: Instead of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, it should be Macross Nazi who is stopping us from getting our Macross Fix.

Edited by borgified

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your money back, mark them in the MW blacklist....

Thanks Seti. Like I said to my post, I just got too excited for the price. Hahaha! :lol: 

5 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Thanks RealJayDee! TBH, I didn't have problems buying Macross stuff from eBay. I got both my YF-21's for like $180 each. Which at the time, it's too cheap for the price it was asking for. I just find this experience funny is all. ;) 

16 hours ago, Graham said:

70/30 ratio of good to bad feedback is way too low for my tastes.

On a roll of a d10, 30% chance of getting a bad deal........no thanks.

Almost certain to get a bad deal with 70/30 feedback. Legit sellers should be in the high 90s...

Anyone here a fan of comedian Bill Burr?

He had a bit where his wife brought home a pit bull as a rescue from an animal shelter.   Naturally Bill hated the thing and was afraid of it attacking him and going for his jugular.

But a funny thing happened....as a few days went on, it got friendly, he started playing with it, and a few days later he says "Goddamn I think I love this dog!!"

That bit kept going through my head when I think of my relationship with the YF-19.  The first day was utter, frustrating misery with me screaming and cursing and actually cutting my fingers on the sharp parts.  I hated it.  I felt so ripped off.  I was, to use the Brit vernacular..."gutted."

Then a funny thing happened....I messed with it more and more and started to think "am I started to love this goddamn thing?"

And of course on day 4 the infamous leg snap happened.

But getting the replacement just picked up that "love" right where I left off.  I've done a 180.  I love this thing.  Top Ten of the year for me.  I actually find myself at work looking forward to getting home and messing with it.  I'm embarrassed by all the crap I said on the first day.

The toy is a gem.  Not only do I not hate it, not only do I like it....I LOVE the damn thing!!!  I hope you guys are loving yours too!!

13 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I have received the antenna printed in Professional Plastic, quickly sanded (smoother appearance) then painted with "Light Gun Metal" color paint from  Tamiya spray TS-42.

@Xigfrid I haven't looked at my YF-19, how do you remove the head gun?  I don't have a problem with the head laser of mine but I am curious how it is done.

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

@Xigfrid I haven't looked at my YF-19, how do you remove the head gun?  I don't have a problem with the head laser of mine but I am curious how it is done.

I remember someone mentioned before that you just have to pull it out. Or something. But I do remember that someone mentioned that you don't have to open anything just to get it removed.