BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

Any professionals able to take my 19 remove the stupid writing on the wings and make it look good?

Do you have painters tape available, a bottle of Mr. Colour Lacquer thinner, Q-tips/fine paint brush/paper towels ready (thanks for @tekering for the tip on September 23)?

As for the Black paint to fil in the missing gaps, try and get the closes match possible and use a thin layer of clear coat/clear nail polish on top of the black paint once it completely cures.

I believe that experienced model kit builders can chime in with tips in doing so.

I’m quite surprised to see so many complaints/ issues about this Latest YF. I would have thought Bandai had it figured out by now. 

I wonder if the local market in Japan is having less broken head lasers as they aren’t taking the trip overseas..

On 10/13/2018 at 4:17 AM, onnasake said:

Bandai included an additional insert about the tail fins, so that's obviously a widespread issue.

Would you happen to have a scan/photo of the insert? I'm curious as to what Bandai had to say officially about this particular issue. My YF-19 is still in the box for now, but I did check and the head laser is intact so at least I dodged that one. For anyone keeping score at home, I ordered from AmiAmi, shipped EMS, and live in California.

Ya know?

Was rewatching MPlus again and noticed this scene:

yf-19-missiles.jpg.9b6b7434f5f326050ad0f5e45d200318.jpg

According to M3 site, it's the BMM-24 micro-missiles. 

Checked my DX YF-19 stuff, and nope.  Not included.

Checked Arcadia's 1/60  from anymoon, and nope. Not included as well.

So both Bandai and Arcadia excluded the BMM-24s in favor of various missiles and stuff that weren't even in the anime. :blink:

I remember the Yammie VF-19 variants and Bandai Hi-Metal VF-19S having micro-missiles.

Guess it's something to look forward to if both Arcadia and Bandai somehow do a 1/60v3 and a DX YF-19v2.0. respectively...

<_<

49 minutes ago, treatment said:

Ya know?

So both Bandai and Arcadia excluded the BMM-24s in favor of various missiles and stuff that weren't even in the anime. :blink:

I remember the Yammie VF-19 variants and Bandai Hi-Metal VF-19S having micro-missiles.

Guess it's something to look forward to if both Arcadia and Bandai somehow do a 1/60v3 and a DX YF-19v2.0. respectively...

<_<

I'm pretty sure those micro missiles are stored in the leg FAST packs.  I think they are too small to be individually packaged, but they could have done something like the v2 vf-1 super parts and had a way to see them inside, I guess.  I do feel like the fast packs for the yf-19 are a little underwhelming, overall (except for the arm cannon, which is awesome).

Are you sure the Yamato yf-19 and the Hi metal had micro missiles?  I don't see them listed and I can't find pictures of them anywhere.  What did they look like?

Edit: This was the closest I could find:

Bandai-Hi-Metal-VF-19S-4.jpg

But those missiles are where the big leg missile is stored in the yf-19.  Maybe they could have had a separate leg FAST pack that looks like it is shooting missiles?

Edited by HardlyNever

9 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm pretty sure those micro missiles are stored in the leg FAST packs.  I think they are too small to be individually packaged, but they could have done something like the v2 vf-1 super parts and had a way to see them inside, I guess.  I do feel like the fast packs for the yf-19 are a little underwhelming, overall (except for the arm cannon, which is awesome).

Are you sure the Yamato yf-19 and the Hi metal had micro missiles?  I don't see them listed and I can't find pictures of them anywhere.  What did they look like?

Edit: This was the closest I could find:

Bandai-Hi-Metal-VF-19S-4.jpg

But those missiles are where the big leg missile is stored in the yf-19.  Maybe they could have had a separate leg FAST pack that looks like it is shooting missiles?

I said the Yammie VF-19 variants, not the Yammie YF-19.

We used to have a bunch of Yammie VF-19 pics here at MWF, but am too lazy to search.

Here's a Yammie VF-19S pic with the micro-missiles from CDX:

IMG_6575.JPG

Here's the Bandai Hi-Metal from Jenius' site:

Bandai-Hi-Metal-VF-19S-10.jpg

11 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Those leg missiles are a YF vs VF difference, for the -19.  Even Basara used them once, IIRC. 

The MPlus anime shows the micro-missiles coming out of the FP of the YF-19, ala Super VF-1 style.

I don't remember the M7 VF-19 having FP, but it could be like the VF-22 where the FPs are "integrated" already as opposed to the Macross Plus non-integrated FPs on both the YF-19 and YF-21.

Edited by treatment

20 minutes ago, treatment said:

I said the Yammie VF-19 variants, not the Yammie YF-19.

Yeah, I'm just sort of confused.  The YF-19 has a big leg missile, which the DX (and a lot of other releases) has.  The VF-19 has micro missiles there.  You made it seem like other people have done it long ago, but that is with the VF-19, not YF-19 FAST packs.  But I could have misinterpreted.

I think there is a heavy dose of "anime magic" going on with the yf-19 FAST packs in general.  I think trying to get actually functioning yf-19 FAST packs with micro missiles would make them way too huge, especially for fighter mode, at least at 1/60 scale.  But maybe different fast packs that look like they are firing, or at least swap out parts for the fast packs that look like they are firing would be do-able.

Edit: I think this part from the Macross Mecha Manual kind of clarifies it:

2 x internal Little Rock launch systems featuring 12 [previously 24] x high maneuverability micro-missiles OR 6 x medium-range high maneuverability missiles each (mounted ventral side fuselage in Fighter mode, lower legs in GERWALK/Battroid modes); pallet can be alternately equipped with other weapon pack

It seems like there are several different load-outs that can go in the leg-missile area.  The YF-19 is shown with 1 large missile in each, while the vf-19 is shown with micro-missiles.  It is the same (or similar) weapons bay, just dfferent load-outs.

Edited by HardlyNever

1 hour ago, treatment said:

The MPlus anime shows the micro-missiles coming out of the FP of the YF-19, ala Super VF-1 style.

I don't remember the M7 VF-19 having FP, but it could be like the VF-22 where the FPs are "integrated" already as opposed to the Macross Plus non-integrated FPs on both the YF-19 and YF-21.

Only in like the last 2 episodes I think:

vf-19s-superbooster-battroid_small.gif

31 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Only in like the last 2 episodes I think:

vf-19s-superbooster-battroid_small.gif

Augh! 

Think I'd blocked that out from memory.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I think there is a heavy dose of "anime magic" going on with the yf-19 FAST packs in general.  I think trying to get actually functioning yf-19 FAST packs with micro missiles would make them way too huge, especially for fighter mode, at least at 1/60 scale.  But maybe different fast packs that look like they are firing, or at least swap out parts for the fast packs that look like they are firing would be do-able.

Edit: I think this part from the Macross Mecha Manual kind of clarifies it:

2 x internal Little Rock launch systems featuring 12 [previously 24] x high maneuverability micro-missiles OR 6 x medium-range high maneuverability missiles each (mounted ventral side fuselage in Fighter mode, lower legs in GERWALK/Battroid modes); pallet can be alternately equipped with other weapon pack

It seems like there are several different load-outs that can go in the leg-missile area.  The YF-19 is shown with 1 large missile in each, while the vf-19 is shown with micro-missiles.  It is the same (or similar) weapons bay, just dfferent load-outs.

Well, fwiw, I think there's enough spacing/room somewhere inside the DX YF-19 leg-FP for some smallish semi-attached or even fixed micro-missiles (white-plastic or painted) ...

dx-yf19-leg-fp.thumb.jpg.fb94d41351dfde1c67e91a6449eef378.jpg

3 hours ago, treatment said:

Ya know?

<_<

The micro-Missiles are stored in the leg FAST Pack, so of course they are not going to be included as separate pieces.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:11 PM, borgified said:

Do you have painters tape available, a bottle of Mr. Colour Lacquer thinner, Q-tips/fine paint brush/paper towels ready (thanks for @tekering for the tip on September 23)?

As for the Black paint to fil in the missing gaps, try and get the closes match possible and use a thin layer of clear coat/clear nail polish on top of the black paint once it completely cures.

I believe that experienced model kit builders can chime in with tips in doing so.

I would not trust myself with this. Would gladly pay a professional though!

On 10/19/2018 at 8:18 PM, onnasake said:

By the way....on my (replacement) toy, the Battroid mode comes together and holds together better than fighter.  I still have some annoying gaps around the neck of the plane that I just can't seem to get to close.

But I'm thrilled by how nice the Battroid looks.  In fact, I've left it in Battroid mode in my display for about a week now.

That definitely seems to be the less popular opinion on Macross in general though.  Seems almost all pics I see of displays are in fighter mode.  Does anyone leave their toys in Battroid mode for any extended amount of time?

Just curious.

The best mode for this DX is definitely the battroid-mode.  Especially with the arm-cannon accessory.

The only downside is that the GU-15 gun is way too anemic that it looks more like a rather thin baseball bat than a gun.

15 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Are those micro missiles in the front on the cover? They look a lil big for micro missiles actually but could very well be..lol..

D991DFCD-02D6-4466-8E18-106F5BC74F13.thumb.jpeg.2ef098bfe0db4b70eac56d489fc668d2.jpeg

I suspect those are the micro-missiles that go into the leg compartment, similar to what we see in the Yanato/Arcadia 1:60 scale VF-19 Macross 7 toy line. Perhaps the larger, singular leg missile that is included in the Bandai DX Chogokin and Arcadia 1:60 YF-19 toys is just a not pictured alternative load out.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Still waiting on my three dx 19's to arrive. Decided to throw these two into battroid mode ready for the 19 to hog the limelight. They transformed without issue and the joints are nice and tight. The 11b holds his gunpod like a champ. Not bad for an older release. The 21 can be a little wobbly on his feet. Once you sort the pose and balance, he looks like a boss. Can't wait to see how the 19 compares with these two. Hopefully someone will release the 11b and 21 in the near future. 

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I noticed a detail on the YF-19 that is missing from the DX Chogokin release...

No "YF-19" tampa print below the cockpit.

Atleast, they gave us a big N.E.T.F.C. and U.N.Spacy on the wings which are basically super absent in the anime. ^_^

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, onnasake said:

By the way....on my (replacement) toy, the Battroid mode comes together and holds together better than fighter.  I still have some annoying gaps around the neck of the plane that I just can't seem to get to close.

But I'm thrilled by how nice the Battroid looks.  In fact, I've left it in Battroid mode in my display for about a week now.

That definitely seems to be the less popular opinion on Macross in general though.  Seems almost all pics I see of displays are in fighter mode.  Does anyone leave their toys in Battroid mode for any extended amount of time?

Just curious.

I keep all my valks in battroid all the time for display. I favor battroid, with fighter a close second; I'm generally not too crazy about GERWALK, the SV-51 being the exception in my collection. The great thing about these toys is that they are transformable, so if I get the urge, I can pull it out of the case, put it in fighter for awhile, test its aerodynamic efficiency about the house, and then restore it back to battroid once more for display. I envy the folks with both the cash flow and, more importantly, space, to buy multiples for simultaneous display options. 

So, I got one of those itches to transform my VF-19 Advance today, and I ran into the same issue you had with your YF-19- the legs will not pull out to allow them to be swung down into fighter position. I pulled on them pretty hard, not hard enough to break anything, but certainly harder than it should take to extend them out from the body. I had your unfortunate incident in mind the whole time. I read something about loosening screws, but looking at my Advance, I didn't see any screws in the crotch area that would allow for loosening/disassembly to allow for better man-handling or even possible lubrication. Any clarification would be helpful. 

Incidentally, I only transformed my Advance once or twice when I first got it upon initial release, and it has remained in battroid ever since. I'm curious if there's some kind of corrosion that causes it to become 'sticky'. I don't recall having this issue when I first got it.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, seti88 said:

My messer is in battroid since the day it got released and i transformed him into it.  
Fighter mode is lovely of course and easily relate-able, but i leave some of mine in fighter cos i always said i would transform them one day and that day never came. :p

I love all valks and all modes, whether it be sleek with curves, or rough and modular. So if it comes to display, choose those that represent different elements of what a valk can do.

To me the VF-4 battroid looks good and am particularly fond of the back.  Something abt those nozzles and flaps that represents all that mecha and aircraft is about.

15.thumb.jpg.f8c0ed30652698e8643e346ece1c0f20.jpgYamato-VF-4-Promo6.jpg.915edb677d7293bd57ecf5a2b90e501c.jpg

Guess i love weird valks! :D 

The VF-4 has one of my favorite battroid modes; it's unique.  I like it so much I built fully transformable version of it from LEGO, taking a few liberties with shoulder articulation and coloration. If you squint, you can see it in my avatar. I can't blame anyone for favoring its fighter mode, however, as it's a thing of beauty.

22 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

So, I got one of those itches to transform my VF-19 Advance today, and I ran into the same issue you had with your YF-19- the legs will not pull out to allow them to be swung down into fighter position. I pulled on them pretty hard, not hard enough to break anything, but certainly harder than it should take to extend them out from the body. I had your unfortunate incident in mind the whole time. I read something about loosening screws, but looking at my Advance, I didn't see any screws in the crotch area that would allow for loosening/disassembly to allow for better man-handling or even possible lubrication. Any clarification would be helpful. 

If you're going from Battroid to Gerwalk/Fighter mode, don't pull the legs out to get them out of the higher battroid position.  The curved shape on either side of the crotch that is holding the legs in place is like a button that needs to be held down, then you can rotate the legs back down to gerwalk/fighter position.  You shouldn't need to pull the legs outward much, if at all.

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it just me, or are the Fast Pack shoulder pieces on the DX Chogokin and Yamato./Arcadia toys too small, compared to how they appear in Macross Plus?

I'd just say more anime magic.  The shoulder pieces look the right size for gerwalk/battroid mode, but then too small for fighter mode.  

Theoretically Bandai or Arcadia could give you different sizes for different modes, but that seems pretty superfluous, imo.  The could also vary in size depending on the scene, regardless of mode.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

And what are those 'stick' looking thing on the left and the right, besides the green missile and the gunpod? Head laser replacements?

I wonder if they could be examples of the ordinance that is contained in the green rocket pods, where each rocket pod has 8 pictured small launch tubes. 

I think those little 'sticks' would fit inside the rocket pod launch tubes.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat