BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

47 minutes ago, lmtsuper said:

:(I actually canceled my 25000 yen pre-order on Amazon JP.  Now I feel bad after watching the review.

I do have different point of view. I don’t feel bad after I saw this tampo “SINSEI INDUS TRY” First of all, I think is Shinsei. Secondly, the word INDUSTRY is not level and there is a space in between. That looks like 3 separate words. Also, the coloring on chest is not correct. So, no regret for me. Unless you never own a YF-19 before.

31 minutes ago, Tallman said:

I do have different point of view. I don’t feel bad after I saw this tampo “SINSEI INDUS TRY” First of all, I think is Shinsei. Secondly, the word INDUSTRY is not level and there is a space in between. That looks like 3 separate words. Also, the coloring on chest is not correct. So, no regret for me. Unless you never own a YF-19 before.

:mellow:I only have VF19 Adv, I guess it's good enough for me right now. I do wish Arcadia do an improve version of their YF19 though.

50 minutes ago, Tallman said:

Fortunately, tampo can be removed.  I'm planning on some rather extensive modifications to at least one of my YF-19s, including the wings, tails, ventral fins, neck, and thinning the black patch on the spine so it's not so huge.

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

In case you're too lazy to search it out :D

@jenius RE: your 34:47 issue, I had the same problem. For me it turned out to be that the piece of the back that rides along the rail was not extending until there was a click. It certainly felt like it had reached the end of the rail, but there was still maybe half a mm or so to go. I applied just a little bit more force than I thought I needed, and it clicked into place. That might be the case for you, might not. Anyway, great review as always, many thanks.

I had the same exact issue on mine. it was a little scary getting it to pop into place.

16 hours ago, jenius said:

I literally just got done posting my review on anymoon.com, check it out! Even includes like 42 minutes of a 4K review.

Bandai-DX-YF-19-41A.jpg

Just got done watching your very extensive review, nice job.

A couple things I noticed:

1) The whole vertical stabilizer issue isn't simply that they fall off easily; it is that the part they are connected to is mis-molded/damaged (at least for some people).  One of mine is basically fine, while the other one has the mold defect.  So it not only falls off easily, it is at a slightly-off angle, even when it is connected.  I've seen other people post pictures of the same problem.  However, your copy might be different, and I know you can only review what you have in front of you.

2) Couple things on the arm cannon.  The issue with yours not pegging into the top hole on the arm is pretty widespread, perhaps even universal (every copy I've seen, even Bandai's own video seems to have this issue).  I think Bandai messed up a bit and the peg and hole aren't exactly matched in size.  It isn't a huge deal, as the arm cannon is overall very secure, but it is a little annoying that the top bit is always sort of floating. 

Also, the far outside cannon (the right one) within the arm cannon actually has a moving barrel that can extend forward.  I didn't notice this until I sat down and read the instructions all the way through.  It's not that impressive of a gimmick, it is just your reviews are generally very thorough about all the gimmicks, etc.

As always, thanks for all the info you provide for the community.

Edited by HardlyNever

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't see anything molded wrong on my vertical stabilizers but even without an obvious flaw, they pop off easy and are annoying. If they don't stay on at all for some people that's obviously a much bigger problem. On the arm cannon, I think I was able to get it to sit flush but it certainly doesn't lock in well and lifting the door on top of it pops it off very easily. Certainly not ideal. The arm itself is curved while the base of the cannon is perfectly flat so maybe that's the element that's causing it to not really lock in securely. Bummer I missed the extension of the cannon barrel and thanks for letting me know.. At 42 minutes, if I only screwed up one thing, I'm going to consider it a win... while I love toys with lots of accessories it makes the reviews a total pain :). I'll sneak in an update to the web article to at least cover it properly there. 

So I guess I should consider myself lucky that both of my YF-19s don’t have any of the issues others are having? My head lasers are intact with no signs of stress, the arm cannon pegs in flush to the arm, the tailfins stay on secure and tight with no hint of it being loose.

The only one that can probably say I experienced were the super tight hip joints. But I don’t really consider that a defect or issue.

My only real complaint with this release is that I couldn’t preorder it at N-Y and had to go with Amiami and HLJ instead. That resulted in having to pay an extra $160 in import taxes...

55 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

So I guess I should consider myself lucky that both of my YF-19s don’t have any of the issues others are having? My head lasers are intact with no signs of stress, the arm cannon pegs in flush to the arm, the tailfins stay on secure and tight with no hint of it being loose.

The only one that can probably say I experienced were the super tight hip joints. But I don’t really consider that a defect or issue.

My only real complaint with this release is that I couldn’t preorder it at N-Y and had to go with Amiami and HLJ instead. That resulted in having to pay an extra $160 in import taxes...

Did you loosen the screws on the leg joints or left them as is. I'm contemplating loosening the screws or just leaving them as is and slowly working the joints to loosen them up that way. I have not yet attempted to even use the leg joints in battroid mode.

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Did you loosen the screws on the leg joints or left them as is. I'm contemplating loosening the screws or just leaving them as is and slowly working the joints to loosen them up that way. I have not yet attempted to even use the leg joints in battroid mode.

I didn't loosen them on the first one, I just grabbed it at the rotation point and slowly wiggled it around to ease the tension. However on the second one, I decided to just loosen it a bit because I was too lazy to do the same thing as the first time.

In the end, whether you loosen the screws or not is up to you. If you are experienced with how to handle such joints and/or patient enough, you can slowly and gently work it as it is. Just be aware of where you're handling it and how much pressure you are applying. But if you're not too confident or are just impatient, I recommend that you loosen it. 

Edited by ArchieNov

Personally, I didn’t loosen it on the first one because I wanted to validate if there really is an issue with the hip joints. There’s also a part of me that doesn’t want to modify or alter stuff out of the box if it can be avoided. 

After confirming that it is indeed possible to move it safely without loosening the screws, I did it on the second one.

Received mine from HLJ, and fortunately no issues with the head lasers. Also lucky that CBSA didn't taxed it (was expecting it to be) even though the full value (25k yen) was declared (used SAL parcel).

15 hours ago, jenius said:

It takes about 30 seconds to loosen the screws. I don't really understand why you wouldn't, honestly. It makes the toy a lot more fun to handle and a lot less stresfful.

About 10-secs or less, ime. 

And yeah, I also don't quite understand why some here are even thinking of not loosening the screws before initial battroid-transformation.  Doesn't alter or change the aesthetic and overall appearance of the toy.

Not like it can't be screwed back tightly.

Guess some people want to experience the bizarro thrill of a very expensive regret when the hips breaks during first battroid-transformation...

3 hours ago, treatment said:

And yeah, I also don't quite understand why some here are even thinking of not loosening the screws before initial battroid-transformation.  Doesn't alter or change the aesthetic and overall appearance of the toy.

Guess some people want to experience the bizarro thrill of a very expensive regret when the hips breaks during first battroid-transformation...

I guess, most of us here, me included, will just think that since it's being made by a known big company, it's just a common initial thinking that you'll know that there's nothing wrong with it. Until someone reports it here that it's tight and it needs fixing. Also, probably some is just scared to do some initial work on it which will also might lead to breakage and regret it the same.

4 hours ago, treatment said:

That would be me! I'm not going to loosen mine unless I feel like it will break if I don't. I have no problem with moving the parts slowly enough to see for myself and not to the point of breaking anything. I have the bizarro desire to not alter anything I don't need to, at least for the initial experience.

You can also mitigate the risks by supporting the structure properly when moving it.  Don't just yank the leg around by whatever you happen to grab onto, but grip it by the hip region, and support the material around the joint so you aren't applying force to just the half that we've seen break.

Does anyone have a small bottle of Shock Oil handy as well? I'm going to loosen the hip screws when I get mine and add a small drop of Shock Oil before doing the transformation. I know that it's not needed as I rather have it ready and use it for my copy of the 171EX Alto's arm joints which is insanely super tight.   

2 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

New Proud owner of a yf-19 without a broken head laser, but oh jesus those tight legs lol. I never got the Yf-21 so a Vf-22 side by side will suffice for now. It is a gorgeous figure. Very happy. 

20181016_200040.jpg

Beautiful VF-22. How are the thigh joints? When I owned a 1/60 Yamato YF-21, the legs were a floppy mess.. Could not stand in its own.. :(

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Beautiful VF-22. How are the thigh joints? When I owned a 1/60 Yamato YF-21, the legs were a floppy mess.. Could not stand in its own.. :(

Thanks, after reading all the messages on this thread I have also gone ahead and loosened the screws. Seems to work better in getting it to the top. 

My VF-22 seems OK, the possibility isn't amazing but seems to stand OK in this pose 

20181017_002315.jpg

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You can also mitigate the risks by supporting the structure properly when moving it.  Don't just yank the leg around by whatever you happen to grab onto, but grip it by the hip region, and support the material around the joint so you aren't applying force to just the half that we've seen break.

This. IIRC removing the intake covers (and the back of the thighs/upper air intakes? I forget if they're easily removable or not...) allows for a firmer grip closer to the point of movement, so there's less stress being put on the plastic.

In my case, even that didn't help and I had to take the thigh apart, but I can definitely see how just being careful/thoughtful in massaging it loose would work as well.

As far as I know, I'm the only one on this board that was dumb enough to rip the leg off.

If I had loosened the screws, it probably wouldn't have happened.  YES...I used too much force and was yanking extremely hard to try to swivel leg into position, and that's certainly the main reason it snapped; but those legs are just too damn tight.

I loosened the screws on my replacement and (knock on wood) I've transformed it several times with no problems now.

Sure, you can be super careful and keep the legs factory tight....but after going through what I went through, I don't see why anyone would choose to do that!

Hace 17 horas, borgified dijo:

@CHAVAKAISER  : ¿Déjame adivinar HLJ u otro proveedor? : Rodar los ojos:

Voy a averiguar si mi copia de Manda tiene el cabezal láser intacto cuando lo reconozco.  

Ami ami!

But!!! :spiteful:

Thank you for mailing us.

We are sorry to hear about the problem with your item. Please kindly provide us with clear, well-lit photos of the issue and include either your order invoice or shipping label together in the same photo with the item.

Please note that no assistance can be provided if we are unable to see the paper invoice or the shipping label in the same photo with your product.

If possible, please also provide us the photo of the detached head with problem, as we are able to send specific parts as replacement instead of the whole item.

To make sure that your email is delivered properly, please make sure that any files you send to our support address are below 2 MB in total size. For sending more or larger files, please split the files over several emails or use an online file-sharing service to the send the files.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi

Best Wishes,

AmiAmi

If I remember well the renewal 25 and 29 came with soft plastic by default and they had hard plastic replacements (except 29B saggy antennas !). They should have kept this trend or at least give a second hard plastic antenna. Hopefully this will be the case for future releases.