BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 10/10/2018 at 10:06 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Part of the adventure. Not a whole you can do unless you live in Japan or know someone who does. 

Can always buy replacement parts on shapeways. Maybe I do not understand your question?

No you did understand correct , just worried about the QC issues. Hopefully it doesn't look like anything serious so far. 

I am absolutely thrilled to report that my story seems to have a happy ending.

I got my package today from the seller.

I examined it closely and it seems Bandai went ahead and just replaced the entire toy.  The stress crack I gave it the first day isn't there.  The re-glued fingertips I broke off aren't there.  And most importantly, the LEG I RIPPED OFF is intact and whole.  I think they just said "screw it" and threw a replacement toy in there.  Now, I have no way to know if mine isn't made of refurbished parts from other rejects, but I don't care, cause I got it back and it's FIXED.

Head laser is still intact!

All the other parts, the pilot figures, the gun, all the missiles....those are mine from before.  The box is even mine.  The only thing that's different is the main toy.  Thank god.  Out of the box, it doesn't appear to peg together as flush as my first one, but hey, this one has two legs, so I'll take it.

Tail fins are as pathetic as ever.  Just looking at them makes them fall off.  Bandai included an additional insert about the tail fins, so that's obviously a widespread issue.

THIS TIME....I unscrewed the legs and gave the inner screws a bit of an unwinding.   So far so good....in Battroid mode everything pegs together just fine.   Still a little gappy in fighter mode but I'll live with it, and maybe it'll improve over time.

I AM GOING TO BE SO GODDAMN CAREFUL WITH THIS THING.

I really am thrilled.  Man, did I luck out.  I take back all the angry frustrated things I said when I got this toy the first day.   I love it.  I really do love it.  I finally own a YF-19.

Whew.  After three weeks I think I can finally unclench.

Edited by onnasake

2 hours ago, onnasake said:

I am absolutely thrilled to report that my story seems to have a happy ending.

I got my package today from the seller.

I examined it closely and it seems Bandai went ahead and just replaced the entire toy.  The stress crack I gave it the first day isn't there.  The re-glued fingertips I broke off aren't there.  And most importantly, the LEG I RIPPED OFF is intact and whole.  I think they just said "screw it" and threw a replacement toy in there.  Now, I have no way to know if mine isn't made of refurbished parts from other rejects, but I don't care, cause I got it back and it's FIXED.

Head laser is still intact!

All the other parts, the pilot figures, the gun, all the missiles....those are mine from before.  The box is even mine.  The only thing that's different is the main toy.  Thank god.  Out of the box, it doesn't appear to peg together as flush as my first one, but hey, this one has two legs, so I'll take it.

Tail fins are as pathetic as ever.  Just looking at them makes them fall off.  Bandai included an additional insert about the tail fins, so that's obviously a widespread issue.

THIS TIME....I unscrewed the legs and gave the inner screws a bit of an unwinding.   So far so good....in Battroid mode everything pegs together just fine.   Still a little gappy in fighter mode but I'll live with it, and maybe it'll improve over time.

I AM GOING TO BE SO GODDAMN CAREFUL WITH THIS THING.

I really am thrilled.  Man, did I luck out.  I take back all the angry frustrated things I said when I got this toy the first day.   I love it.  I really do love it.  I finally own a YF-19.

Whew.  After three weeks I think I can finally unclench.

Man you lucked out big time. Lol

I also want to thank all the posters here for all the kind words.  I appreciated the sympathy and solidarity.   And of course, now that I have the replacement, the tips and advice came in VERY handy.

If I hadn't been so impatient and had come here and asked questions first, I might not have broken it like I did.

(Although still....damn that's one tight joint.)

So thanks again for all the messages and advice.....I appreciate it!

I received my YF19. It is fantastic , except the Price. At that Time, I missed the Vf19 advance , and the YF19 pre orders and had to buy through proxy sellers and EMS as I had no choice. Tax is 33% of the  price of the toy. So, overall, my YF19 cost me 470 USD.

The most hell expensive toy i have ever bought so far.

But I am happy ( not my wallet. )

The toy is gorgeous, heavy compared to my old Yamato, and no issue at all. 

Got mine from HLJ today and sure enough it has a broken head laser. 

At first I thought the tip was missing since it was nowhere to be found.

Luckily it hid inside the Valkyrie.

I‘ve asked HLJ if they can do anything about it but I guess I have to glue it back on.

I‘m debating if I should pin the part also just to make it more secure.

Hey guys. I kinda brought this up before, but is there a good resource out there for paints for these figures?

With all the inevitable paint rubbing, tampo covering, and some unpainted areas specifically related to the YF-19 I've seen,  I'd figure anybody collecting figures has been down this road before and has a bunch on standby.

6 hours ago, manfred17 said:

I received my YF19. It is fantastic , except the Price. At that Time, I missed the Vf19 advance , and the YF19 pre orders and had to buy through proxy sellers and EMS as I had no choice. Tax is 33% of the  price of the toy. So, overall, my YF19 cost me 470 USD.

The most hell expensive toy i have ever bought so far.

But I am happy ( not my wallet. )

I'm also in the same boat except this is my second expensive valk for me. 27k yen from Manda + 5k yen shipping (SAL) adds up to 32k yen (conversion $371.40 CND).   

First one was a Yammie v.2 valk also from Manda at 25K yen + 5k yen shipping (EMS) adds up to 30k yen (conversion $348.26 CND).

I believe that a fair amount of us has spent more money on valks than you could imagine (not just one, but multiple copies of it). :vava:

9 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm also in the same boat except this is my second expensive valk for me. 27k yen from Manda + 5k yen shipping (SAL) adds up to 32k yen (conversion $371.40 CND).   

First one was a Yammie v.2 valk also from Manda at 25K yen + 5k yen shipping (EMS) adds up to 30k yen (conversion $348.26 CND).

I believe that a fair amount of us has spent more money on valks than you could imagine (not just one, but multiple copies of it). :vava:

If you’re in Canada, they also declare full value and you’ll get dinged with duties. I ordered the 31J Kai this year from them for 31k plus 3400 shipping and got slapped with about 70$ in duties.  Stupid NY lowered their 31J Kai to 30k yen right after I bought it from Mandarake, a tiny difference but NY never declare full value and I never had to pay duties.  I was so mad! :fool:

3 hours ago, Smacky said:

If you’re in Canada, they also declare full value and you’ll get dinged with duties. I ordered the 31J Kai this year from them for 31k plus 3400 shipping and got slapped with about 70$ in duties.  Stupid NY lowered their 31J Kai to 30k yen right after I bought it from Mandarake, a tiny difference but NY never declare full value and I never had to pay duties.  I was so mad! :fool:

I actually got caught twice by CBSA for the HMRs VF-1J with GBP and Silvie's VF-2ss. Hopefully that I will escape this time when I get the YF-19 Full Set delivered; however,  I'll find out sooner or later. :pardon:

Just now, borgified said:

I actually got caught twice by CBSA for the HMRs VF-1J with GBP and Silvie's VF-2ss. Hopefully that I will escape this time when I get the YF-19 Full Set delivered; however,  I'll find out sooner or later. :pardon:

Ship via the post, you never get lucky with a courier service... 

In case you're too lazy to search it out :D:

EDIT:

@jenius RE: your 34:47 issue, I had the same problem. For me it turned out to be that the piece of the back that rides along the rail was not extending until there was a click. It certainly felt like it had reached the end of the rail, but there was still maybe half a mm or so to go. I applied just a little bit more force than I thought I needed, and it clicked into place. That might be the case for you, might not. Anyway, great review as always, many thanks.

Edited by kajnrig

49 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

In case you're too lazy to search it out :D:

EDIT:

@jenius RE: your 34:47 issue, I had the same problem. For me it turned out to be that the piece of the back that rides along the rail was not extending until there was a click. It certainly felt like it had reached the end of the rail, but there was still maybe half a mm or so to go. I applied just a little bit more force than I thought I needed, and it clicked into place. That might be the case for you, might not. Anyway, great review as always, many thanks.

Thanks, I brought it back to fighter last night. That slider is definitely stiffer on my YF-19. I eye-balled it to see if it looked like the issue and it looked extended correctly but I could see where it might have still had the tiniest bit left to go . I plan on transforming it a couple times over the next few days and shooting the Battroid back to fighter video and if I do solve the issue I'll leave comments everywhere.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

And now currently all gone! 

Will be watching your review very early in the wee hours of the next day @jenius. I should be ready when my own copy of the Full Set DX YF-19 arrives in YVR with the JIT screwdriver set and the nessary picks at hand.