BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ohhh extra pylons would be nice, as the YF-19 set does not have enough for all the ordinance (if you plan on using the extras on other Bandai valks).

This is the only thing I'm disappointed about.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:45 PM, Mommar said:

Hase anybody noted the wings of the VF-19 Advance and YF-19 are different?  The hardpoints are not spaced the same.  On the YF-19 there's room to load two of the high maneuverability missiles on one of the dual pylons on the outermost hard point and a reaction warhead on the middle hard point with room to spare but on the VF-19 Advance there's absolutely no room between hard points to make that fit.

does anyone have further comment on this? can only some of the YF-19 armament be used on the VF-19 Advance?

11 hours ago, apptt4 said:

does anyone have further comment on this? can only some of the YF-19 armament be used on the VF-19 Advance?

I might dig out one of my Advance models later to compare (and maybe perform a foot swap if I can find an easy screw to remove), but did they maybe shift the points around to give more space outboard of the VF-25-style booster packs?

I'm thinking the Advance hardpoints were only spaced so far apart as to accommodate the few existing missiles they'd made available with the VF-171 super packs.

Far as hardpoints go though, I think I need to do some serious pylon design work myself.  Not that Bandai would ever care enough to notice, but several of those weapons mounts impinge on the control surfaces, because they're not far enough below the wing, and not far enough forward.  I'm thinking I might try and adapt some standard Hornet rail mounts from my spare parts stash to see how they look.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yep, my meagre investigation so far reveals the outer mounts are the same distance from the wingtips, but the middle and inner are spaced farther apart. You end up with a mount closer to the leg this way.  Making room for the Frontier style booster makes perfect sense, actually.

What I'd like to know is, can you still mount any dual weapon without fouling on a single mounted one?  Does mounting a dual mean you cannot use the adjacent mount at all?

I'd test it out but I haven't got my YF-19 unpacked yet.

5 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^Absolutely love it

-b.

Thank you @Kanedas Bike!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Saburo, Are those light strips on the wall are actual LED strips or merely a transparent panel with light source behind them?

I dont see FEXT selling those..

@seti88 Those are transparent pieces with light source behind them.  As for the parts I am not sure if they will be available check with FEXT for more information about them.

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Amazing lighting work for this shot. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you @Slave IV.

Edited by Saburo

2 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Has anybody tried fixing the tailfin popping out? Mine’s the right leg and only pops off when unfolding. Folding down though is fine. 

I used an stanley knife with a minty fresh blade to trim the plastic on the mount point so it wouldn't exert too much force on the winglet when moved causing it to pop off. Is heaps better but still only a 95% fix but will still pop off if you move it around too much.

Count me in for the DX YF-19 (Full Pack) club as I managed to pick one available listing off Manda for ¥27k yen first thing this morning at 2:30 am PST. 

Literally first YF valk as I was debating on the Prophesy or the Chronos. 

Glad that I took the plunge and ordered it (payment to be done and off to SAL shipping once complete), otherwise I'll be paying over ¥30k+ yen later on if I do get it.

Will take note of all the flaws that was reported and will be applying it to my copy when it arrives. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Count me in for the DX YF-19 (Full Pack) club as I managed to pick one available listing off Manda for ¥27k yen first thing this morning at 2:30 am PST. 

Literally first YF valk as I was debating on the Prophesy or the Chronos. 

Glad that I took the plunge and ordered it (payment to be done and off to SAL shipping once complete), otherwise I'll be paying over ¥30k+ yen later on if I do get it.

Will take note of all the flaws that was reported and will be applying it to my copy when it arrives. 

nice deal there but I just want to warn you that currently, Japan post is delaying SAL shipment since the recent typhoon has affected some of their operations. Right now, my order from NY has been shipped last 9/21 and have not yet made any progress. Currently, they are prioritizing EMS, then Airmail before shipping the SAL. They are advising 4 to 10 weeks delay.

While waiting, I also hunted a YF-19 at mandarake, and got one for 27,000. I should be receiving it later tonight.

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

nice deal there but I just want to warn you that currently, Japan post is delaying SAL shipment since the recent typhoon has affected some of their operations. Right now, my order from NY has been shipped last 9/21 and have not yet made any progress. Currently, they are prioritizing EMS, then Airmail before shipping the SAL. They are advising 4 to 10 weeks delay.

While waiting, I also hunted a YF-19 at mandarake, and got one for 27,000. I should be receiving it later tonight.

I got my copy of the DX YF-19 from Utsunomiya with payment due in five days (just got the email).  I've got two things from the Sahra on the way via EMS and they sent this FYI when I made the order from this branch.

"Important Notice Regarding Orders For Umeda, Grand Chaos, Fukuoka, Kokura, Sapporo
Due to the recent typhoon in the Kansai region and the earthquake in Hokkaido, orders for these stores will be heavily delayed.
We apologize for this inconvenience."

Based on your post, I believe that you got yours from either Nagoya or Grandchaos (in which got shipped before the calamity hit). Hopefully that the antenna doesn't get mangled up as I'm sure that Manda's packaging should take care of all possible precautions.

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

You may be right about EMS prioritization; my valk was shipped 10/05 and is arriving today here on 10/10. That was probably sent from post or combini though.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I got my copy of the DX YF-19 from Utsunomiya with payment due in five days (just got the email).  I've got two things from the Sahra on the way via EMS and they sent this FYI when I made the order from this branch.

"Important Notice Regarding Orders For Umeda, Grand Chaos, Fukuoka, Kokura, Sapporo
Due to the recent typhoon in the Kansai region and the earthquake in Hokkaido, orders for these stores will be heavily delayed.
We apologize for this inconvenience."

Based on your post, I believe that you got yours from either Nagoya or Grandchaos (in which got shipped before the calamity hit). Hopefully that the antenna doesn't get mangled up as I'm sure that Manda's packaging should take care of all possible precautions.

Looks like you are not affected. Since this is a replacement of my delayed yf-19 from NY (which I will sell once I got it), I jumped and paid extra for DHL. It was ordered 3 days back from Nagoya. I am mostly satisfied with the way Mandarake ship their items but I really hope that there is no broken antenna.

This is a notice from j-subculture, one of the proxy sites I tried to use before (but I stucked with FJ)

We've been notified by Japan Post that most of our international packages have delays than usual due to the typhoon that caused floods in Kansai Airport (Osaka) in September. That is the airport that many international packages go through. 

We're told that they are diverting most of the packages to Tokyo and ship EMS first, next AIR and SAL in this order.

Below are expected delays for each shipping option to ship out from Japan.

1) EMS: A few days
2) AIR (Small Packet/Int'l Parcel): 2-4 weeks
3) SAL (Small Packet/Int'l Parcel): 4-10 weeks

Japan Post is keeping SAL packages in warehouses until delays for EMS and AIR get cleared. 

If you wish to receive your package quickly, please use EMS or FedEx. EMS may have a few days delay while FedEx is not affected as they use their own fleet. 

Thank you for your understanding.
Your J-Subculture Team

Generally I dont like to be negative and complain, but the QC on this YF-19 is the worst I've ever seen from a leading manufacturer. On my piece they have jammed the rear tail wing hinge when installing it, turning both joints to an unrecognizable mess. I managed to correct it a bit with some sanding and drilling. But this is really hurrendous quality, especially for a USD300 toy. Never cared much for perfection when there are small mistakes, but this makes me really reconsider if I want to waste my money on these jokers any more.

You can see my sanding marks and drilling to straighten the edges out and make the hinge "workable" again.

20181010_192013.thumb.jpg.8c8ad889524a4eb14fa8581147f64c61.jpg

Edited by arbit

Whoo this stuff is harrowing. Does everyone go through this with every international purchase?

It's a good thing it was wrapped 5 times in bubble tape, placed in another box, which was placed in another box and padded with care package goods and clothes. Everything seems ok but there are stress marks on my head laser and marks on the packaging to indicate it was pushed repeatedly against it and almost broke. I'm terribly happy it's more or less alright but pretty shaken about it.iC-YwBeblFaECzIU5DEYTfzYOu6-GdqVbeNdt0Nz1UaHRZ0pV6_hpkT_639IaiIkWTyPPVx0OaF6XWSd9abdk6A169oG0rfiyFPcjl4QRN3s8DLDDpd2OW7FP9pTBes_dRhSUmF91yelVTn3M-v0H3df6lwgXvJCKF9mKLGGZTCYyiUxF64NyPYWp6kfvpXuzIoUJzySYh0KNpflx3HpW4rdvfp3J9MZ3Lqmt6ii9p91g5_qkjciPj3tMuIz0G3b80gRDWIGpDTjV1NZeOLDo6j6SC9pxMHTPkKvZukgINpLRtYYDf5w2O_dGnFggM9OLM8cmyzeLYycYQFuTsUcHxPL2Nn7tyV5ePGkBznovzpH3djA2ITa6T8ivJCWF0Pk8DAeDvD3nPLo2F3c1wxOAsrueDCVlwBxkLe_P4yVI1bLb4r_IcCk_loXrGDfuhzx96mDY2MJ4enEmhvLVXa_ds5tF9bjLal4PZrQnGIqtkzdiYhNiTE8JHYj191SROC0gCctIKu2_C4z4cu8nxhihmpk6yUZG9iljumgyIC7mtPJDtiYbip0T7LkUZtN059xDG_zjlPFewaS6BGpvfkha6yGOW06T8SR-fHv4Vn27UkkifVJxKGMe74UxPc-17bB=w1147-h860-no

vXNfFvfB_LeV6vzMRlbLx5EDpm08ahgPXC6DjaLC9k0po51oSSYTX1BmcflZz0T5PN-w5GCLFSG-HncfViKlroEtDLPLY7--QNeoLQq_hKeb9klw_J4X1QNTVIjK28Vc-2mRFIHxBc62JkIfW2JVmRdcK8lCzDUWkaTbouiD1OBnxMRADl630ZvGsOXZmXqSo2J7ZBlQtvfL3qLK3TeGLby_13IGA3AhHB8nZK0EGr_a01H4OG6Ql1Xe3femx-BOfCWZg54COyudWre1xx5Vtid9MSoDMqKsrEMZEhW9QnJegNi2kExXwPHYKfmW5MgXV64R1_wB7evLjj9HAIKwaUIPysdAKbjoDH4v8ACa4qo_fRuwUAx8_zJ2_crA-nXKb-ekcixgcE-Uv9_rDIDOKuAzo5H_1uOfQYZ633V-eB0dmHyoOO8Sx1KxVoSl-lQ9eHYPrWXmKGaFDMPBC95N2_nQWTceifHgTmGa8Z9a3_XrQOWNTl0e8__9oyiMdyyMquWfhVOiQL5kUBj9WWJrfQc5Pb7g274iRUjwrFzdmIlqzI7nLp0OZUhCdbbYSJDUMaMOjKAfGT9zt8C4wNL6tgz5Asy7m-onVOD8Bm0z1BF99bIZNFV4NOD-0eyejHUh=w645-h860-no481hZ_AOGCCY_0ILx44tre13xjBEjB5kCFB4ZJOFwNQsMCtq0yzGxRd7iwbiNW1RXtEi3uXMKDxHg3d-Ysoni0UuzPwasaKwIAH8Q00K_V0UNUNgeS9nljdE1XSNF6OHeULAmb-WiGaSfzXa42-hkWs6sCWvyShW1JVqC2zt53FVCKS3Qq00hT7BuwhHFpR7UPFHHfX0hvkuYh17obvy51cONtmKuCvVzqWqDwybWMsXMqyO1XpYoDRganWm28BeySKWrAr-UuKoMJrA77w40QmTmKB-xLWvm-iIneXIEOsn0iAp9KE2J8X4pnU451UzwRpSHdwMlyM_TfR_vPvb6RZj88nY-NfKu1lJQSQMeXO5E2j_gYUS3T-UPozQaxQNTLEk1oz8Ecrk3vR4E6FaCzdKZf2Uo5Gc2J8U6SFpHm1dxbtCBpBF9EDg3dtUprpCgxakuY0maTMqY4qZyUG54LXKK4pKnSuIgHU0KerX5aOfTLnR3lZTXglAkvHqhYtFrBbd5bckgfvAV0-b8AwLK_RxqumL291zvU0cvNEDPz3GV9iHV6frodOG_Mf2S_xYfsNAdIMABt8h-mwhLsQe5Pvky9s01z1cYTJQhdcajPJLyuIAlz8KYC6A_jbsYX8d=w645-h860-nobbAwYk96AIrc3m__nhxOyAtyU7pAG0UNDDrYspC7EJ-t4KBe8IEaYY92HyWpS4vO2nLxCNx4Env218sJiVHJiqyKH2X2VcH7xvXj3X-r0PqGLf5Sb4PoP0ZgBtNfWJNnq_gdQDSQclSTVfIczZot-5p2sO9Ua2nsFet1zMqqzU3hTmAegKhNQt75VGy9pAdVygR_5RQP7U-4OV_s8UQwXZ3nG-HCCuF1tYwTzPhk1Q7yhI-AAPTJqheye5Xi3O1C6p7NKt_zCLjmM5zjwLfayq9f5G7VH5Z727vCScsWe7koDi3gD_FLwa_PwGNG_gYKgkkl0NofR3tIUqgXAbNKDu0caYSkMpsaIAVqGq2bVMiLLl3qbN3CR9VGIFRWqE_9kbwJnzR986IFAF2dBvC44sC-TQlAo4No3NkOC6AziSuVyAqGb4C1xMR6obYLqhDP8v1OYs4wT6ELKHKUxlNwRY0e171JZS4DEpRGtjnCFzeLZpxHt8YkgM3gNdELb7AmqZSvDEY2c70EAYmOMGcK6mPZ6p_Es04FhI-R70u7mOIxe6vmCrGy-wLar-FXygHve66obiYsGeI2MLSrLjWcqJSfc9jHNg52XLTvPfgi4s0AxEIvxyYRJib3IV9GTjKV=w645-h860-no

10 minutes ago, Trifalger said:

Whoo this stuff is harrowing. Does everyone go through this with every international purchase?

It's a good thing it was wrapped 5 times in bubble tape, placed in another box, which was placed in another box and padded with care package goods and clothes. Everything seems ok but there are stress marks on my head laser and marks on the packaging to indicate it was pushed repeatedly against it and almost broke. I'm terribly happy it's more or less alright but pretty shaken about it.

wow that outter box.  FYI as far as teh stress marks i've found sometimes a hairdryer removes the cosmetic issues with stress marks.  glad it didn't actually break on you but yeah i'd be more than a bit annoyed at that.

51 minutes ago, Trifalger said:

It's a good thing it was wrapped 5 times in bubble tape, placed in another box, which was placed in another box and padded with care package goods and clothes. Everything seems ok but there are stress marks on my head laser and marks on the packaging to indicate it was pushed repeatedly against it and almost broke. I'm terribly happy it's more or less alright but pretty shaken about it.iC-YwBeblFaECzIU5DEYTfzYOu6-GdqVbeNdt0Nz1UaHRZ0pV6_hpkT_639IaiIkWTyPPVx0OaF6XWSd9abdk6A169oG0rfiyFPcjl4QRN3s8DLDDpd2OW7FP9pTBes_dRhSUmF91yelVTn3M-v0H3df6lwgXvJCKF9mKLGGZTCYyiUxF64NyPYWp6kfvpXuzIoUJzySYh0KNpflx3HpW4rdvfp3J9MZ3Lqmt6ii9p91g5_qkjciPj3tMuIz0G3b80gRDWIGpDTjV1NZeOLDo6j6SC9pxMHTPkKvZukgINpLRtYYDf5w2O_dGnFggM9OLM8cmyzeLYycYQFuTsUcHxPL2Nn7tyV5ePGkBznovzpH3djA2ITa6T8ivJCWF0Pk8DAeDvD3nPLo2F3c1wxOAsrueDCVlwBxkLe_P4yVI1bLb4r_IcCk_loXrGDfuhzx96mDY2MJ4enEmhvLVXa_ds5tF9bjLal4PZrQnGIqtkzdiYhNiTE8JHYj191SROC0gCctIKu2_C4z4cu8nxhihmpk6yUZG9iljumgyIC7mtPJDtiYbip0T7LkUZtN059xDG_zjlPFewaS6BGpvfkha6yGOW06T8SR-fHv4Vn27UkkifVJxKGMe74UxPc-17bB=w1147-h860-no

vXNfFvfB_LeV6vzMRlbLx5EDpm08ahgPXC6DjaLC9k0po51oSSYTX1BmcflZz0T5PN-w5GCLFSG-HncfViKlroEtDLPLY7--QNeoLQq_hKeb9klw_J4X1QNTVIjK28Vc-2mRFIHxBc62JkIfW2JVmRdcK8lCzDUWkaTbouiD1OBnxMRADl630ZvGsOXZmXqSo2J7ZBlQtvfL3qLK3TeGLby_13IGA3AhHB8nZK0EGr_a01H4OG6Ql1Xe3femx-BOfCWZg54COyudWre1xx5Vtid9MSoDMqKsrEMZEhW9QnJegNi2kExXwPHYKfmW5MgXV64R1_wB7evLjj9HAIKwaUIPysdAKbjoDH4v8ACa4qo_fRuwUAx8_zJ2_crA-nXKb-ekcixgcE-Uv9_rDIDOKuAzo5H_1uOfQYZ633V-eB0dmHyoOO8Sx1KxVoSl-lQ9eHYPrWXmKGaFDMPBC95N2_nQWTceifHgTmGa8Z9a3_XrQOWNTl0e8__9oyiMdyyMquWfhVOiQL5kUBj9WWJrfQc5Pb7g274iRUjwrFzdmIlqzI7nLp0OZUhCdbbYSJDUMaMOjKAfGT9zt8C4wNL6tgz5Asy7m-onVOD8Bm0z1BF99bIZNFV4NOD-0eyejHUh=w645-h860-no481hZ_AOGCCY_0ILx44tre13xjBEjB5kCFB4ZJOFwNQsMCtq0yzGxRd7iwbiNW1RXtEi3uXMKDxHg3d-Ysoni0UuzPwasaKwIAH8Q00K_V0UNUNgeS9nljdE1XSNF6OHeULAmb-WiGaSfzXa42-hkWs6sCWvyShW1JVqC2zt53FVCKS3Qq00hT7BuwhHFpR7UPFHHfX0hvkuYh17obvy51cONtmKuCvVzqWqDwybWMsXMqyO1XpYoDRganWm28BeySKWrAr-UuKoMJrA77w40QmTmKB-xLWvm-iIneXIEOsn0iAp9KE2J8X4pnU451UzwRpSHdwMlyM_TfR_vPvb6RZj88nY-NfKu1lJQSQMeXO5E2j_gYUS3T-UPozQaxQNTLEk1oz8Ecrk3vR4E6FaCzdKZf2Uo5Gc2J8U6SFpHm1dxbtCBpBF9EDg3dtUprpCgxakuY0maTMqY4qZyUG54LXKK4pKnSuIgHU0KerX5aOfTLnR3lZTXglAkvHqhYtFrBbd5bckgfvAV0-b8AwLK_RxqumL291zvU0cvNEDPz3GV9iHV6frodOG_Mf2S_xYfsNAdIMABt8h-mwhLsQe5Pvky9s01z1cYTJQhdcajPJLyuIAlz8KYC6A_jbsYX8d=w645-h860-nobbAwYk96AIrc3m__nhxOyAtyU7pAG0UNDDrYspC7EJ-t4KBe8IEaYY92HyWpS4vO2nLxCNx4Env218sJiVHJiqyKH2X2VcH7xvXj3X-r0PqGLf5Sb4PoP0ZgBtNfWJNnq_gdQDSQclSTVfIczZot-5p2sO9Ua2nsFet1zMqqzU3hTmAegKhNQt75VGy9pAdVygR_5RQP7U-4OV_s8UQwXZ3nG-HCCuF1tYwTzPhk1Q7yhI-AAPTJqheye5Xi3O1C6p7NKt_zCLjmM5zjwLfayq9f5G7VH5Z727vCScsWe7koDi3gD_FLwa_PwGNG_gYKgkkl0NofR3tIUqgXAbNKDu0caYSkMpsaIAVqGq2bVMiLLl3qbN3CR9VGIFRWqE_9kbwJnzR986IFAF2dBvC44sC-TQlAo4No3NkOC6AziSuVyAqGb4C1xMR6obYLqhDP8v1OYs4wT6ELKHKUxlNwRY0e171JZS4DEpRGtjnCFzeLZpxHt8YkgM3gNdELb7AmqZSvDEY2c70EAYmOMGcK6mPZ6p_Es04FhI-R70u7mOIxe6vmCrGy-wLar-FXygHve66obiYsGeI2MLSrLjWcqJSfc9jHNg52XLTvPfgi4s0AxEIvxyYRJib3IV9GTjKV=w645-h860-no

I had the same issue with stress marks on top of the antenna.  Haven't decided how I'm going to fix it yet, but I think @Mechapilot77's suggestion is a great one that appears to be the least intrusive.

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Ha so classy :) I have to check if the DX Isamu can fit the bike, because when I quickly checked, he had the legs joined together and I am not sure if they would prevent to sit flush or not.

The more reason not to sell the Arcadia YF-19. ;)

3 hours ago, arbit said:

Generally I dont like to be negative and complain, but the QC on this YF-19 is the worst I've ever seen from a leading manufacturer. On my piece they have jammed the rear tail wing hinge when installing it, turning both joints to an unrecognizable mess. I managed to correct it a bit with some sanding and drilling. But this is really hurrendous quality, especially for a USD300 toy. Never cared much for perfection when there are small mistakes, but this makes me really reconsider if I want to waste my money on these jokers any more.

You can see my sanding marks and drilling to straighten the edges out and make the hinge "workable" again.

Maybe this has been brought up but would it be possible to drill the tailfin mounts out and add pins to them? I know they're terribly small so it would probably be difficult but they seem almost designed to pop off super easily. Mine don't fall off when rotating but they are not strongly secured and do seem subject to loose QC tolerances.

Just now, Trifalger said:

Maybe this has been brought up but would it be possible to drill the tailfin mounts out and add pins to them? I know they're terribly small so it would probably be difficult but they seem almost designed to pop off super easily. Mine don't fall off when rotating but they are not strongly secured and do seem subject to loose QC tolerances.

Probably wouldn't be too hard, aside from lining up all the holes.