BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 10/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, spanner said:

I should've known you wouldn't let something like that get passed you so easily! :rolleyes::lol:

Hahaha... some times there will be things I miss DOH, and from there need to reshoot. :lol::wacko:

12 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Beautiful shot!  I love how the eyes show through.

Thank you @sumyumgoy :good:

On 10/4/2018 at 1:04 PM, william02 said:

Great. Do you know how to disarm the head of the figure to make the replacement? I would hate to have the antennas but no way to replace them. Sorry for the terrible English.

Someone on the Macross Facebook page linked what xigfrid posted on shapeways. Apparently you can just pull the antenna out since it has no pin.

43473317_900554580145097_6415514120300265472_n.jpg

43246181_900554706811751_8639735845898682368_n.jpg

Made my first simple mod to my first YF-19 tonight.  I started to try this on the Advance way back when, but couldn't get the plastic to pop apart before it felt stressed.  This one popped open much easier.

neckmod.jpg.22bb043c85871d3d2aa5e0ddeaa61f7b.jpg

I just pushed a flathead screwdriver between the layers of the shield, and twisted until the glue at the rear popped, and let that long tracked piece slip out.  I can always put it back if I want, but I always thought it was the weirdest thing to have to carry around two neck covers if I wanted to go into gerwalk mode, because the one mounted to the shield is useless for it. 

Bandai actually passed up a golden opportunity here, because with a slight tweak, they could have made the neck cover attached to the shield detachable for use in gerwalk, and still allowed it to store behind the shield for battroid.  As it is, the neck cover on the shield does detach pretty easily, but the tabs that mount it to the sliding track mount aren't big enough to hold it in.

I've always loved the YF-19 design and kinda want the Bandai DX, mainly for the arm cannon and wing missiles.

To be honest though, athough I did initially love the VF-19Advance when I first got it,  I've kinda gone off it mainly because the front landing gear mid-strut hinge got so loose  on mine that it collapses if you look at it wrongly and also the too shallow canard angle of the Bandai  quite annoys me.

I would go the YF-19. I love the 31’s and personally would say get the 31 but as others have said the 19 are going up in price where as all but the 31a aren’t too hard to get, and at least you can reuse the missiles from the YF-19 on the 31 when you can get one. I have my 31a decked out in the missiles and love it so much more.

7 hours ago, Graham said:

I've always loved the YF-19 design and kinda want the Bandai DX, mainly for the arm cannon and wing missiles.

To be honest though, athough I did initially love the VF-19Advance when I first got it,  I've kinda gone off it mainly because the front landing gear mid-strut hinge got so loose  on mine that it collapses if you look at it wrongly and also the too shallow canard angle of the Bandai  quite annoys me.

Imho, the DX YF-19 is good for Battroid-mode since it has better/more-reliable ankles than the Arcadia YF-19.  That's pretty much the only reason to get the DX YF-19 over the Arcadia since the older Arcadia still almost aced everything else despite the fatal ankles.

I'm not sure how much the DX-YF19 really is different in build stuff against the previous VF-19adv, but it does have the proper YF-19 dual-canopy and designation tampos at least.

edit/add:

Against the 31-Kai, not sure.  The 31-Kai is rather an overpriced minor redeco with just a couple of reaction-missiles pairs. The YF-19 is technically a redeco of the VF19Adv, but at least it has loads of extra ordnances, extra Isamu-pilot, and the much-desired arm-cannon.

Edited by treatment

8 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

So I haven't unpacked my YF-19 yet; how is the color match between the YF-19 and the -19ADVANCE?  will it look weird if I swap the shields to mount the fold booster on the ADVANCE?

I haven’t compared mine yet. But from the looks of it the YF-19 is a touch lighter than the Vf-19/Adv. Plus, once you put the Fold Booster, the shield will be less noticeable. Because the focus will go to the Fold Booster. You now have an excuse to say it’s just the booster’s shadow that makes the shield a touch darker. ;) 

My Amazon Japan seller sent my yf-19 and they win the award for the greatest packaging for shipment ever. They shrink wrapped it with a board on the bottom, put a cardboard spacer glued to the 4 corners then glued the shinkwrapped 19 to those. It had 3 inches of space on each side and stayed secure dead center in the box. I tried to get it out shinkwrapped just to see how good it was in there and I couldn't physically yank the 19 out. Ive ordered a lot of toys but this is the best ever. This is a fellow fan who packed this.

HsETAKH.jpg

How I tried to get it out upside down.

28AWUqp.jpg

Edited by Blue Meanie

2 hours ago, Blue Meanie said:

Ive ordered a lot of toys but this is the best ever. This is a fellow fan who packed this.

I get multiple shipments from Amazon.jp every week, and they're always shrink-wrapped to a cardboard spacer glued to the bottom of the box.  That wasn't a fellow fan, that's just how they ship everything.  

That bar code sticker on the YF-19 box is a dead giveaway.  ^_^

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Wow nice shelves in the background.

Haha, all I saw in those pics was G1 Transformers:D

But that's nice packaging. Amazon USA would have just thrown that DX box directly into a plastic bag mailer and sent it out.:p

Probably not but they have definitely done that for low end toys like Hasbro Legends and Black Series stuff.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I get multiple shipments from Amazon.jp every week, and they're always shrink-wrapped to a cardboard spacer glued to the bottom of the box.  That wasn't a fellow fan, that's just how they ship everything.  

Then Amazon Japan is the gold standard, lol. Polar opposite of Amazon US.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Wow nice shelves in the background.

Thanks, that's my decepticons shelf of my favorites that I kept.

Edited by Blue Meanie

3 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

At first I thought "wow, he got every reissue"----but then I saw the Horrorcons, and was like "OMG, those can't be reissues..."

I have a few of those, I sold my sealed original Galvatron, scourge and cyclones when the KOs came out. The KOs are crap, but whatever.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

This is correct - that is standard practice for Amazon JP shipments.

Also worth pointing out almost no third-party sellers on Amazon JP ship outside of Japan, so if you are buying directly from Amazon JP, you are either buying a product carried by Amazon JP, or you are buying a product supplied by a third-party seller which is fulfilled by Amazon JP.