BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

I tell yah.

Putting the FAST-pack on while in valkyrie-mode on this DX YF-19 was an exercise of  WTF, Bandai!?!!

"Lining up" the legs properly, lining up the shoulder armor and underarm cover so the armor tabs properly on the lower leg, the back-knee addon popping out all the time, trying to make everything flushed and smooth... took alot of unnecessary time for me last night.

Not to mention those damn insecure stabilizers popping off at the slightest feather touch that I just removed them to avoid breaking them accidentaly and install them as final part.

And the wings don't even line up properly to tab in place with the leg-armor's existing tab-hole.

All the while the leg/shield gap was messing up my view on proper alignment.

Geezus!

Guess this is just old stuff for VF-19Adv owners.

I still recall my unsatisfaction from the VF-19 Advanced, but now I have been blasted by this YF-19. I don't know if they changed anything to the nose to make it look more like a YF-19 than a VF-19, but it overall it looks about perfect to me. This and the good tampos, the stiffness of the Battroid mode, the "smaller" cockpit and legs from Bandai makes this YF-19 to win over the Arcadia version to my eyes.

Sure this YF-19 is over-over engineered (even more than it predecessor VF-19), but it feels like the ultimate Macross transformable collectible to me. Beats easily the VF-31.

36 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I still recall my unsatisfaction from the VF-19 Advanced, but now I have been blasted by this YF-19. I don't know if they changed anything to the nose to make it look more like a YF-19 than a VF-19, but it overall it looks about perfect to me. This and the good tampos, the stiffness of the Battroid mode, the "smaller" cockpit and legs from Bandai makes this YF-19 to win over the Arcadia version to my eyes.

Sure this YF-19 is over-over engineered (even more than it predecessor VF-19), but it feels like the ultimate Macross transformable collectible to me. Beats easily the VF-31.

I don't have the VF19-Adv to make a direct comparo, tho.

Aside from the tampo, the heel and possibly shoulder-sizing are the only visual cues I can spot as different from the current pictures.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

I tell yah.

Putting the FAST-pack on while in valkyrie-mode on this DX YF-19 was an exercise of  WTF, Bandai!?!!

"Lining up" the legs properly, lining up the shoulder armor and underarm cover so the armor tabs properly on the lower leg, the back-knee addon popping out all the time, trying to make everything flushed and smooth... took alot of unnecessary time for me last night.

Not to mention those damn insecure stabilizers popping off at the slightest feather touch that I just removed them to avoid breaking them accidentaly and install them as final part.

And the wings don't even line up properly to tab in place with the leg-armor's existing tab-hole.

Geezus!

It's one of the reasons why I don't tout the 19 as being the incredible piece of engineering other people here do.

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

does the fold booster light up like yamatos?

Hey David. Too bad it's not but I'm sure it's going to look awesome if it did. ^_^

So I played with it last night. Transformed it the first time. And man, this one is stiffer than the Advance version. But I really love how it looks. It's Isamu's ride after all. :wub:

I know I need to have two so I can display one in Fighter mode with all its ordinance so I caved and ordered another one from eBay for $220 shipped. I know the price is too good to be true after the release. But let's see if I will receive it in good 'new' condition as what the description says. The seller sold atleast '6' of this. So let's see. If not, then I have 180 days to file a Paypal claim. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I feel the same....This is better than the advance.

Plus...today arrive my second YF-19 from CDJ this time, and no broken antenna. The first one was from HLJ and it came with a broken antenna.

Now waiting for NY.

4 hours ago, treatment said:

I tell yah.

Geezus!

Attached the fast packs on my YF-19 last night and you pretty much covered everything I was going to mention. That's Bandai's "amazing" engineering for you.

Will add that the tabs fit very poorly into the leg armor slots and pop out if you breathe on them too hard. If you thought the YF-19 was "gappy" before, it gets worse once everything is attached. Plain fighter I could minimize the gaps, but forget about it with fast packs. Trying to minimize the gaps just causes the wing tab to pop out, or something else to misalign.

Wings feel pretty flimsy at this point too, because now the there's only one tab holding it to the legs. That's right, if you loved the floating tab eyesores of the VF-19 Advance, you'll love them on the YF-19!

So while I like this toy well enough, and the YF-19 is one of my favorite valks, it's nowhere near a flawless release or some kind of piece of brilliant engineering. I'm still keeping my Arcadias. :good:

514662054_YF-19DX02.jpg.930ac246ef273f67e5b2a5a519d94921.jpg

My YF-19 antenna came fine, but I can understand the feeling of loosing an antenna because I lost my VF-31J's one last year ... So since I was taking measurements to make new heels and feet, I made up a replacement antenna, and uploaded a pack of 2x antennas for those who would need them.

I haven't printed them yet, but I have double checked and they should be good to print. I wouldn't place an order for just this pack alone, but if ever you have a Shapeways order running, you can add them for an additional 4 USD.

v4.jpg.964450f21ecb1bba975840ee6d0cee35.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

It's one of the reasons why I don't tout the 19 as being the incredible piece of engineering other people here do.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Attached the fast packs on my YF-19 last night and you pretty much covered everything I was going to mention. That's Bandai's "amazing" engineering for you.

Will add that the tabs fit very poorly into the leg armor slots and pop out if you breathe on them too hard. If you thought the YF-19 was "gappy" before, it gets worse once everything is attached. Plain fighter I could minimize the gaps, but forget about it with fast packs. Trying to minimize the gaps just causes the wing tab to pop out, or something else to misalign.

Wings feel pretty flimsy at this point too, because now the there's only one tab holding it to the legs. That's right, if you loved the floating tab eyesores of the VF-19 Advance, you'll love them on the YF-19!

So while I like this toy well enough, and the YF-19 is one of my favorite valks, it's nowhere near a flawless release or some kind of piece of brilliant engineering. I'm still keeping my Arcadias. :good:

It's like the typical  One Step Forward, Two Steps Backwards mentality.

The naked YF-19 was rather simpler, easier and quicker for me to transform in all three modes, in contrast to my YF-29 and VF-31 experiences.

Then FAST-packs installation on the same valk when in Fighter-mode made all that simplicity into assbackwards pants-on-head WTF, BANDAI?! "engineering".

Fwiw, the FAST-packs are only easy to install when the valk is already in Battroid-mode, where you really don't move/pull/twist/align/etc any valk-part and just peg the FP parts to their respective placements.

And just leave it alone in Battroid-mode with all that FP.

:5:

Edited by treatment

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

My YF-19 antenna came fine, but I can understand the feeling of loosing an antenna because I lost my VF-31J's one last year ... So since I was taking measurements to make new heels and feet, I made up a replacement antenna, and uploaded a pack of 2x antennas for those who would need them.

I haven't printed them yet, but I have double checked and they should be good to print. I wouldn't place an order for just this pack alone, but if ever you have a Shapeways order running, you can add them for an additional 4 USD.

Dude, your shapeways shop rocks. WTG.

I can't wait to see the feet you come up with. You probably don't need any input on this but I'd model them after the Arcadia ones; I think they got it right.

11 minutes ago, Trifalger said:

Dude, your shapeways shop rocks. WTG.

I can't wait to see the feet you come up with. You probably don't need any input on this but I'd model them after the Arcadia ones; I think they got it right.

Thanks! A bit early for me to say if it will work or not, but I'm planning to make it look more like the Arcadia/Hasegawa indeed. Below, in red my objective feet, in grey the original ones.

test4.jpg.e8f0b491411da13d17bd8acb89982446.jpg

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Thanks! A bit early for me to say if it will work or not, but I'm planning to make it look more like the Arcadia/Hasegawa indeed. Below, in red my objective feet, in grey the original ones.

test4.jpg.e8f0b491411da13d17bd8acb89982446.jpg

Those do look like the VF-19 or Hasegawa heels only shorter. The VF-19 heels would look much better in battroid mode shortened and maybe widened a little. I actually like the Bandai forefoot as it is since my main concern was the heel. 

Edited by Trifalger

Random thoughts while you guys wait for your YF-19...

-- The front tire on my YF-19 only rolls at half a turn, while the back tires rolls fully. Weird.

-- Bandai should've added an adapter for the YF-19 to be able to use the VF-31 Boosters. Those look alot better than the VF-19Adv's boosters.

-- Going by release-pattern of VF-19Adv to YF-19, I'm guessing Bandai will release an Immelman VF-22 to test out the water before doing a full YF-21.

-- Still think a Fire-Valk and/or Excalibur F/S will be released before the proverbial YF-21.

Edited by treatment

On 9/21/2018 at 10:07 AM, onnasake said:

GODDAMNIT.

Mine WAS delivered.  To my friend's house.  His wife signed for it.  He's at Tokyo Game Show and won't get home til tomorrow night, and I guess he's too much of a cuck pussy to handle the idea of me going over there and knocking on the door and saying, "Hi can I please have my THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR ITEM please?" before he gets home.

Effing hell man.  Never mix friends and toys.  I'm furious right now.  I could have had this in my hands HOURS ago if he had simply texted me.

I know.  Wah wahh...what a baby.  Still pisses me off.  

I'm staying off this website until I have my own cause I don't want the bile to rise in my stomach seeing people get their's when I could have had mine already.  Yes, I'm being a petty bitch.

But maybe some of you have been in this situation before, where a person/red tape/blunder etc basically prevents or delays you from getting YOUR property.  It's a little thing, but right now it feels huge.

Well, I guess I'll wait another goddamn 24 hours til this guy feels like giving me what I paid for and belongs to me.

This really means she has made positive comments about you in the past and he thinks the funky music will start if you stop by and see her.  Flirt with her like crazy now and drive him nuts.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Random thoughts while you guys wait for your YF-19...

-- Bandai should've added an adapter for the YF-19 to be able to use the VF-31 Boosters. Those look alot better than the VF-19Adv's boosters.

-- Going by release-pattern of VF-19Adv to YF-19, I'm guessing Bandai will release an Immelman VF-22 to test out the water before doing a full YF-21.

- VF-31 Boosters on YF-19? Picture please! :rolleyes:

- I think it's very hard to risk an Immelman VF-22 release before Guld's YF-21. Knowing that it was shown only as a flash back scene. Plus the 'centerpiece display' scene. It's not comparable with the VF-19 Advance cameo in the Frontier. Why? Well, because... it's piloted by some guy named Isamu. I think that's a big factor. ;) Plus, Immelman's ride is just a mass murderer's ride. So what's going to happen if the VF-22 won't sell like the SV-262? Just in case. I still want an Elvis Draken. :unsure:

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

- I think it's very hard to risk an Immelman VF-22 release before Guld's YF-21. Knowing that it was shown only as a flash back scene. Plus the 'centerpiece display' scene. It's not comparable with the VF-19 Advance cameo in the Frontier. Why? Well, because... it's piloted by some guy named Isamu. I think that's a big factor. ;) Plus, Immelman's ride is just a mass murderer's ride. So what's going to happen if the VF-22 won't sell like the SV-262? Just in case. I still want an Elvis Draken. :unsure:

Elvis Draken yes please!

Far as the 22 goes though, they nixed that entire plot thread from the movie (for the better, I think), so I think they really would be better off just doing the 21.

And then a VF-11 with the giant booster rockets.  And a Ghost. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I still want an Elvis Draken. :unsure:

33 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Elvis Draken yes please! ^_^ 

I think that I've beaten the two of you in yesterday's post on the SV-262 to a degree. :p

If I do get the DX YF-19 full pack later on this year (30k yen is still a chunk of change for me as I did pay 25k yen for a valk in my collection), I'm going to take a page from @tekeringand remove most of the tampo overkill.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

And then a VF-11 with the giant booster rockets.  And a Ghost. ^_^ 

Who wouldn't want a VF-11B with Boosters? :wub:

vf-11b-booster.gif
Photo from Macross Mecha Manual.

Bandai should figure out first how to put a display connector for it. Because I'm not going to buy it if this will come with a connector that looks the same as Luca's RVF-171 connectors. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Random fantheory time. What if they put back the Immelman's dad thread in the new Delta movie, and use that to make a VF-22 DX?

Then Bandai should make that Elvis Draken first because that one has more screen time than the Mass Murderer's Valk. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, borgified said:

I think that I've beaten the two of you in yesterday's post on the SV-262 to a degree. :p

This is not a contest. I STILL WANT THAT ELVIS DRAKEN! :p :lol:

22 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Great. Do you know how to disarm the head of the figure to make the replacement? I would hate to have the antennas but no way to replace them. Sorry for the terrible English.

38 minutes ago, borgified said:

If I do get the DX YF-19 full pack later on this year (30k yen is still a chunk of change for me as I did pay 25k yen for a valk in my collection), I'm going to take a page from @tekeringand remove most of the tampo overkill.

If you do get the dx yf -19 later this year , it will not be 30k.  It will probably be around 35k before shipping.

21 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Does the YF-19 have the hip-release button/switch?  Cause I can't find it.  Hips are pretty well locked in battroid.

Basically, yes.  Push down on the curved piece that is holding them in place (on the inside of the crotch area, the curved part that you rotated the hips above).