BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

17 minutes ago, Magmatron said:

This is my first Macross toy! Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones with a broken antenna. Great way to start collecting Macross toys...

Been dancing around returning it and trying my luck with one from Nippon Yassan or just trying to fix it myself.

Awww sorry to hear that - don't want to get your hopes high on the Nippon Yassan getting one back - as they have one of the worst customer service!!!

I know that they have some in stock but man, but won't replace that! If it happens, do tell us as well!

7 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Awww sorry to hear that - don't want to get your hopes high on the Nippon Yassan getting one back - as they have one of the worst customer service!!!

I know that they have some in stock but man, but won't replace that! If it happens, do tell us as well!

Oh, I didn't get it from NY, I got it from HLJ. They said they'd even cover the cost of shipping it back to them (or offer me 2,500 yen as compensation if I decide to keep it). The main thing I worry about is if the second one I buy from NY also comes broken, then i just lost out on at least 7,500 yen for nothing.

The cut seems pretty clean and if I glue it right it might actually look like nothing was wrong with it. Just need to know what kind of glue to use.

Edited by Magmatron

41 minutes ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Good! I hope they keep marking it down for their greedy inflated pricing tactics is surely biting them on the ass, but 30000 yen isn't good enough.

The irony is in my case is, that 30k yen price from NY is actually the better bargain than the 25k preorder I bought from HLJ. After shipping and import taxes, I would only spend 35k yen (30k yen + 5k yen UPS shipping) if I got that from NY. The one I got from HLJ cost me 39k yen (25k + 4k DHL shipping + 10k import tax).

59 minutes ago, Magmatron said:

Oh, I didn't get it from NY, I got it from HLJ. They said they'd even cover the cost of shipping it back to them (or offer me 2,500 yen as compensation if I decide to keep it). The main thing I worry about is if the second one I buy from NY also comes broken, then i just lost out on at least 7,500 yen for nothing.

The cut seems pretty clean and if I glue it right it might actually look like nothing was wrong with it. Just need to know what kind of glue to use.

I would return it to HLJ if I were you.  Especially if they're paying for shipping it back to them.

With your N-Y order, tho, I dunno.  Good luck dealing with them if your N-Y order has broken antennae, tho.

1 hour ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Good! I hope they keep marking it down for their greedy inflated pricing tactics is surely biting them on the ass, but 30000 yen isn't good enough.

They lit the macross fan Bridge on fire, better come in non-scalper to get me to even consider buying from them again. I'd rather amazon even though they screwed me over.

2 hours ago, Magmatron said:

I am awaiting HLJ's response about my broken antenna. I'll take that 2500 yen. Lol The broken antenna sucks but it's not a big deal with a little bit of glue since the rest of my figure came in excellent condition. 

1 hour ago, treatment said:

I would return it to HLJ if I were you.  Especially if they're paying for shipping it back to them.

With your N-Y order, tho, I dunno.  Good luck dealing with them if your N-Y order has broken antennae, tho.

Yeah, that's the crux of the issue. From what I gather NY are scummy and the worst. I doubt there's a chance for a reissue of this figure, right?

26 minutes ago, Magmatron said:

Yeah, that's the crux of the issue. From what I gather NY are scummy and the worst. I doubt there's a chance for a reissue of this figure, right?

I know NY doesn't have a good customer service and it has some bad practice on how they do business, but I'm not calling them the worst. They still trying to deliver people's DX VF-31A without asking for additional payment since we don't have evidence if they're getting those from the secondary market with price increase.

30 minutes ago, Magmatron said:

I say worry about dealing with N-Y only if/when your item from them arrived with broken antennae.  Maybe their CS will be more accomodating since this issue is clearly a packaging/shipping/handling stuff.  Dunno if people experienced the similar and relatively-recent SOC GX-75 issue with broken chests out of the box from them and how N-Y handled that snafu.

As for the HLJ offer, 2500y is about US$22 at the current exchange-rate.  It really ain't that much fair compensation for a US$300+ valk, tbh. 

Edited by treatment

17 minutes ago, treatment said:

I say worry about dealing with N-Y only if/when your item from them arrived with broken antennae.  Maybe their CS will be more accomodating since this issue is clearly a packaging/shipping/handling stuff.  Dunno if people experienced the similar and relatively-recent SOC GX-75 issue with broken chests out of the box from them and how N-Y handled that snafu.

As for the HLJ offer, 2500y is about US$22 at the current exchange-rate.  It really ain't that much fair compensation for a US$300+ valk, tbh. 

NY might be bad, but they're better than MyKonbini. NY doesn't cancel orders and then just re-list for marked up prices. They are actually delivering the products (and some suspect they're taking a loss to do so).

As to HLJ, I'd take the $22credit for something that's an easy fix. Better than returning it for refund, and then having to pay aftermarket for one.

1 hour ago, Trifalger said:

I saw on facebook that maybe the  VF-19 wing boosters don’t peg in right to the YF-19 wings, like they swapped the pegs. Has someone tried them and they fit right?

*snip*

In case, you missed these a few pages ago. Somebody already done it. ;) 

On 9/23/2018 at 6:09 PM, Trifalger said:

Most advanced ULTIMATE YF-19!

1537750823067.jpg

On 9/27/2018 at 12:36 PM, enphily said:

Got my YF-19 and i'm absolutely love it!

LEaVvjqoj9w.jpg