BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Gah!! After sifting through this thread and reading all the issues with this DX Excalibur YF-19 with all goodies and those over kill tampographs, I'm staring to want this more than the rumored VF-21. :shok:

Edit: There goes 1/4 of my months paycheque for this valk... 

Edited by borgified

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

Gah!! After sifting through this thread and reading all the issues with this DX Excalibur YF-19 with all goodies and those over kill tampographs, I'm staring to want this more than the rumored VF-21. :shok:

Edit: There goes 1/4 of my months paycheque for this valk... 

There is no rumored 21, only a bunch of wishful thinking.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

So, here's a crappy video of a recent Bandai Macross commercial:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1470780579701589&id=1072529709526680&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FMechaAlliance%2Fvideos%2F1470780579701589%2F&_rdr

You can see the YF-21 and the VF-11 both appearing in it.

VF-11 YF-21.png

Read into it as you may....:search:but macross plus 25th anniversary is next year and isamu's DX yf-19 seems so lonely without a DX guld's yf-21 to play with...besides bandai hasn't run out of huge UNSpacy decals yet.....:D

actually am more excited abt any prospects if a 11 DX! :spiteful:

Edited by seti88

Just retrieved mine from work's inward goods (from CDJ) and was greeted by a very dented shipping box.  Fortunately there's only the slightest mark on the product box and a cursory inspection revealed an intact head laser.  Phew...

6 minutes ago, treatment said:

Bandai will most likely do a Fire Valk and/or an Excalibur before they do a 21. 

Possibly just to reuse their VF-19adv/YF-19 mould with just minor specific mods.

Bandai luvs making the Fire Valk and Excalibur...

Odds are there, considering the fire valk display was shown before...if released likely another bells and whistles pack?

on the 21, part of me is hoping bandai does a trial run first, but that may mean taking demand away...

Edited by seti88

38 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l473169496

In case anyone's still looking for a YF-19, there's one on YJA currently sitting at ~5k yen with two days plus change to go. Free domestic shipping.

That's really testing the waters right now at this point in time. I might guess that in a few days time, the final amount may possibility reach up to its maximum MRSP or slightly higher (although I could be wrong). 

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Bandai will most likely do a Fire Valk and/or an Excalibur before they do a 21. 

Possibly just to reuse their VF-19adv/YF-19 mould with just minor specific mods.

Bandai luvs making the Fire Valk and Excalibur...

They'd have to remake every part.  The Fire Valk and the 19 Advance are entirely different in all but a relative shape.

45 minutes ago, Mommar said:

They'd have to remake every part.  The Fire Valk and the 19 Advance are entirely different in all but a relative shape.

Well, they'd have to redo most or all of the plastic. The transformation and the metal bits could be re-used at least.

Just got DHL notification for the one from Yahoo Japan, slated to show up Tuesday.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

34 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

I knom I should wait since I picked SAL but NY shipped my item last Sep 21 and there are no movement ever since. :mellow:

The delay is probably due to the flooding and other disasters that happened in Japan recently. 

my oh my, what a lovely lovely toy. my first yf-19 and I love it, all the decals, accessories, everything.

y'all weren't kidding about the hips, I was very careful after old mate's torn off leg and no issues here. box in great shape, antenna fine.

I'll display in battroid until the unannounced yet inevitable yf-21 arrives.

20181001_191322.jpg

On 9/29/2018 at 10:16 AM, treatment said:

I thought I was gonna pull an onnasake on it and break it completely. Then I realized, I ain't gonna get Bandai'd with this thing.. 

I am simultaneously embarrassed yet honored to become part of the vernacular like "Bandai'd."  If I can help just ONE person out there not horrifically destroy a $300 toy, then I'll consider that a good deed.

I am currently in the States for two weeks while my "situation" is unfolding far away, completely out of my control.  I believe amazon probably would have replaced it with no problems, but apparently my amazon order was a 3rd party order.  Sigh.  The hits just keep on coming.

My first message from the seller was that I broke it and it was my fault.  So I asked "OK, where's that leave me?  Now you have my money, my toy, AND the money I spent shipping back."

His first reply was that he could offer a 20,000 yen refund, which I really wasn't expecting.  But another message followed soon after that he was awaiting word from the Bandai repair center.

So I'm just sitting tight I guess.   It really sucks, but if it comes down to taking 20,000 yen back, I suppose I'd eat that last hundred dollars as an expensive life lesson in being SUPER careful with expensive toys.  (A lesson you'd think you'd learn before your tenth birthday.)  But maybe Bandai can slap a new leg on it?

Either way, I have to wait and see now, and it's frustrating cause I won't be back in Japan for two more weeks, so there's a high potential to get screwed over.

Anyway....thanks for reading my sad-sack status report.....I'll leave on a happy note and say I'm glad you're enjoying your YF-19s.  However my issue plays out I really hope it can end with me having a functioning YF-19 in my collection too.  I'd rather have the toy than the money at this point.  I really did like it in the end.

14 minutes ago, onnasake said:

If I can help just ONE person out there not horrifically destroy a $300 toy, then I'll consider that a good deed.

Your experience has led others to unscrew those tight hip joints before attempting transformation, so I think you've probably saved several figures from similar damage.  We're all a lot wiser, thanks to you.  :friends:

Didn't know Bandai had a "repair center."

Considering almost every single one of us had the same way too tight hips, I'd say that's a QC issue as well that Bandai should fix free of charge, but I'm skeptical that they'll do so.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

That's really testing the waters right now at this point in time. I might guess that in a few days time, the final amount may possibility reach up to its maximum MRSP or slightly higher (although I could be wrong). 

Yep, same here. I'm gonna guess it ends up somewhere around 32k. Anything less than that would be a steal post-release, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

I grabbed on From Japan for 27,800 yen prior to shipping. Who knows how much I'm gonna get dinged for shipping/fees though. Which screws are the ones that should be loosened prior to transformation?

TIA

Go in to the Macross Maintenance thread and go to Sildani's post on the YF-19. Make sure that you have a set of JIS screwdrivers and a plastic toothpick handy (should you encounter not assessable panels).

23 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

So after going through and straightening the misaligned parts I was able to get Isamu’s ride nice and ready.

So ready that he opted for a slightly larger fold booster.

00218E01-421B-4D25-A016-9FF21DBD7E3F.jpeg

Haha, nice!

18 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Through the power of the floating head, make a DX Chogokin YF-21 a reality! 

468615664_FloatingHead.thumb.jpg.3d0b71ce2335ca6d5fb477a13fb85436.jpg

Lol!

19 hours ago, Saburo said:

Another shot. :)

30083998567_c29f772ccc_h.jpg

:wub:

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ I really love it how the eye peeking on its visor. :wub:

Nice shot, Saburo! :good:

Thanks @no3Ljm.

That's the one eye'd glance pose, mad popular by Captain Harlock.  :lol:

10 hours ago, onnasake said:

I am simultaneously embarrassed yet honored to become part of the vernacular like "Bandai'd."  If I can help just ONE person out there not horrifically destroy a $300 toy, then I'll consider that a good deed.

I am currently in the States for two weeks while my "situation" is unfolding far away, completely out of my control.  I believe amazon probably would have replaced it with no problems, but apparently my amazon order was a 3rd party order.  Sigh.  The hits just keep on coming.

My first message from the seller was that I broke it and it was my fault.  So I asked "OK, where's that leave me?  Now you have my money, my toy, AND the money I spent shipping back."

His first reply was that he could offer a 20,000 yen refund, which I really wasn't expecting.  But another message followed soon after that he was awaiting word from the Bandai repair center.

So I'm just sitting tight I guess.   It really sucks, but if it comes down to taking 20,000 yen back, I suppose I'd eat that last hundred dollars as an expensive life lesson in being SUPER careful with expensive toys.  (A lesson you'd think you'd learn before your tenth birthday.)  But maybe Bandai can slap a new leg on it?

Either way, I have to wait and see now, and it's frustrating cause I won't be back in Japan for two more weeks, so there's a high potential to get screwed over.

Anyway....thanks for reading my sad-sack status report.....I'll leave on a happy note and say I'm glad you're enjoying your YF-19s.  However my issue plays out I really hope it can end with me having a functioning YF-19 in my collection too.  I'd rather have the toy than the money at this point.  I really did like it in the end.

@onnasake I am sorry for what happened to your YF-19 and I hope you are able to get it resolved.  Your post was of great help to myself and my friends who bought got a YF-19,  since they are not on the forum I let them know that hip joints are extremely tight and potentially break and it would be best for the them to loosen the hip screws.  :good:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, nice!

Lol!

:wub:

Thank you @Slave IV

23 hours ago, Saburo said:

Another shot. :)

30083998567_c29f772ccc_h.jpg

Cool pic.

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Decided to take out the YF-19 & VF-19 Advance and let them breath for a bit and take a few pics along with Isamu! B))IMG_0029.JPG

This one too.