BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

32 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Got my YF-19. Oemgee... the hips. Its like they took the wrong piece of the Yamato VF-19, that swing bar. Maybe mine is too tight, but I cannot get it to rotate after flipping it up. Im afraid of forcing and breaking the joint. 

Everyone in here is saying the screw is to tight. Loosen it half a turn. 

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I ordered a VF-31S from Amazon.JP. Look forward to getting it. 

Question, what was the drama with the 31A?

Chris

Well, not sure if you looked around before ordering at amz, but  there are a few VF-31 at ami ranging from 20k to 23k, conditions A (S and F) to B+ (J).

Regarding the 31A drama, it was a TWE last year that N-Y seemed to have over-ordered, and only now seemed to be slowly fulfilling last year's orders with bizarro excuses/non-responses or something from N-Y themselves.  

It was quite a hot discussion in the 31-thread.

25 minutes ago, treatment said:

Well, not sure if you looked around before ordering at amz, but  there are a few VF-31 at ami ranging from 20k to 23k, conditions A (S and F) to B+ (J).

Regarding the 31A drama, it was a TWE last year that N-Y seemed to have over-ordered, and only now seemed to be slowly fulfilling last year's orders with bizarro excuses/non-responses or something from N-Y themselves.  

It was quite a hot discussion in the 31-thread.

Why is this here. Please refer to the appropriate topic.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Why is this here. Please refer to the appropriate topic.

Coz if you had just bothered to follow the current discussion within the last 12 hours or so about the YF-19 vs VF-31 stuff, you'll figure out that Dobber's now interested in his own 31 to possibly compare to his recent YF-19.  I just gave him extra purchasing considerations.

Dobber prolly already visited the current separate 31-thread and found that it's all about just the 31-A drama llama nowadays, hence his question.

Speaking of purchasing considerations...

Anybody here actually interested in an unopened-but-damaged-packaging condition DX YF-19?

The one in Mandy is still available since possibly yesterday or so.  35k-yen plus shipping.

I would think you guys will be more cautious simply coz of the broken headlasers stuff being reported, but if you are willing to gamble 35k-yen plus EMS/DHL shipping on the one in Mandy right now...

Frankly, I'm more interested in picking up a second Arcadia YF-19 at this point (to go with my 4 DX YF-19s), in case anyone's going to replace their Arcadia with a Bandai...

Been following Mandarake/Jungle/YJA hoping to see one there that's not $300.

25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Frankly, I'm more interested in picking up a second Arcadia YF-19 at this point (to go with my 4 DX YF-19s), in case anyone's going to replace their Arcadia with a Bandai...

Been following Mandarake/Jungle/YJA hoping to see one there that's not $300.

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=2465695

just ask for pictures before paying for it.

14 hours ago, treatment said:

Another thing.

If you're into Obari-style pelvic\crotch-thrusting poses, the YF-19 is the only valk that can do so.

In fact, once you transformed it into battroid-mode, it's already in Obari-pose in neutral stand.

Without even really trying...

:bump:

Thought the Vf-25 could do that too

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Agreed. The 31 series is Bandai's best engineered line of valks.

Agreed there too, but they win that title by default. Everything Bandai did prior to that was vastly inferior, even the Frontier renewals, as much of an improvement over the incredibly awful first wave Frontier toys they were. When you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up. :lol:

I'd love to see Bandai revisit the 25 series and give us something on par with the 31. Or Arcadia. I really don't care who does it, I want a new and improved VF-25!

Um, really?  The VF-31 has the single biggest design flaw of all the valks.  A huge backpack.  It looks like a butterfly.  Ever notice the promo pics never show it from the side?  Because it looks truly awful.  The plane is beautiful, true.   But valkyrie design is a delicate balance between all three modes, jet, fighter, and yes, even gerwalk mode.  But it's definitely NOT a slavish devotion to one mode at the sacrifice of all the others, with cherry on top engineering to make it seem more lovelier than it is.

I do love the VF-31's jet mode.  It's by far one of the most elegant designs.  And the engineering is superb.  No doubt about it.  But they could never figure out where to put those wings.  I mean like, at all.  It just hangs there intrepidly into space as if it's not the embarrassment to Bandai's legacy of quality design work that it is. 

When it comes to the dance of all three modes, I'd say the VF-1 still does it best.  Flat and behind the back no questions asked.  The YF-19 does a pretty good job, and a novel one too, putting them on the sides of the legs.  The overlooked YF-29 does a pretty good job as well.  The flaring menace of those upside down wings makes it look like a cobra.  And the flare of all those missiles on the legs and shoulders, like a King Cobra.

But the poor old VF-31, it's skinny, awkward, and frankly looks like a praying mantis.  The bug look of the new valks is something I can't get over.  And I honestly don't understand why people have so completely overlooked the VF-31's design flaw.  Maybe it's just blind allegiance to a master artist developing his craft.  And I agree there's no doubt he's moved it forward, as he inevitably does being the master craftsman that he is.  But I put the VF-31 more along the lines of an evolution in valkyrie design, not a revolution, and certainly not a landmark valkyrie.  Not the way, say, the VF-1 was, or even the YF-29, which in my mind is an overlooked masterpiece.

1 hour ago, MacrossMania said:

I put the VF-31 more along the lines of an evolution in valkyrie design, not a revolution, and certainly not a landmark valkyrie.  Not the way, say, the VF-1 was, or even the YF-29, which in my mind is an overlooked masterpiece.

I agree.  The YF-29 is superior to any Valkyrie designed since.

YF-29.thumb.jpg.add059e45b45fb91d7559340a221f3f0.jpg

Of course, it can't hold a candle to the YF-19.  :wub:

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This looks nice. ;)

But is it just me, or Bandai's rendition of V/YF-19 Gerwalks has higher torso parts than Arcadia's? And yes, I do love V/YF-19's Gerwalk mode next to VF-1's. :wub:

From F360's pic, it actually looks like the Arcadia squished it. 

Both of Bandai's follows the Yammie torso-profile.

7 minutes ago, treatment said:

From F360's pic, it actually looks like the Arcadia squished it. 

Both of Bandai's follows the Yammie torso-profile.

Ah. Then I like Arcadia's YF-19 Gerwalk profile more. ^_^ 

Edit: I checked Jenius' Anymoon site. And Yamato and Arcadia kinda shares the same 'squished' profile.
Arcadia-YF-19-21.jpg

Bandai's more taller torso profile:
Arcadia-YF-19-15.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Thought the Vf-25 could do that too

The 25. 27. 29. 31 all have the obvious codpiece to mimic the pose, but they just don't look quite Obari to me.  Not even in the anime.

The Bandai YF-19 is just a natural. The shoulder, back and torso curves to the jutting crotch codpiece make it a pull an effortless Obari pose. Especially when seen at the side profile.  Not sure Bandai really intended that, but it's there.  I didn't see it in the Arcadia nor my old Yammie.

It's kinda funny coz the valk that Obari actually worked on was the Macross-II valks, yet the HMR VF2SS is kinda quite a mess and doesn't really pull the Obari poses from the anime. At least, not as smoothly.

The YF-19 in the anime was pretty much always in rather subtle Obari-poses.

1 minute ago, treatment said:

The 25. 27. 29. 31 all have the obvious codpiece to mimic the pose, but they just don't look quite Obari to me.  Not even in the anime.

The Bandai YF-19 is just a natural. The shoulder, back and torso curves to the jutting crotch codpiece make it a pull an effortless Obari pose. Especially when seen at the side profile.  Not sure Bandai really intended that, but it's there.  I didn't see it in the Arcadia nor my old Yammie.

It's kinda funny coz the valk that Obari actually worked on was the Macross-II valks, yet the HMR VF2SS is kinda quite a mess and doesn't really pull the Obari poses from the anime. At least, not as smoothly.

The YF-19 in the anime was pretty much always in rather subtle Obari-poses.

Actually, it really depends on how one poses their V/YF-19's. I pose mine with the upper part and shoulder lined horizontally, making a number 7 form looking from the side, so it does that Obari pose. However, if one pose the upper body vertically straight, then it's not going to have that much of Obari pose. But doing that, it makes the 19 looks like it has a big hump on the back.

dOok9d3.jpg

Bandai-VF-19Adv-18.jpg
Above photo is from Jenius' Anymoon site.

3 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Um, really?  The VF-31 has the single biggest design flaw of all the valks.  A huge backpack.  It looks like a butterfly.  Ever notice the promo pics never show it from the side?  Because it looks truly awful.  The plane is beautiful, true.   But valkyrie design is a delicate balance between all three modes, jet, fighter, and yes, even gerwalk mode.  But it's definitely NOT a slavish devotion to one mode at the sacrifice of all the others, with cherry on top engineering to make it seem more lovelier than it is.

I do love the VF-31's jet mode.  It's by far one of the most elegant designs.  And the engineering is superb.  No doubt about it.  But they could never figure out where to put those wings.  I mean like, at all.  It just hangs there intrepidly into space as if it's not the embarrassment to Bandai's legacy of quality design work that it is. 

*SNIP*

Your beef is with Kawamori's design. My remarks were about Bandai's engineering. Which you agreed with. :p

The 25 is one of my favorite designs, but the engineering of the toy is lacking, with its floppy joints, questionable use of diecast, inadequate locking mechanisms, and cheap glossy finish. Bandai's VF-31 and Bandai/Arcadia's YF-19s are much better engineered.

By the way, as much as I love the VF-1, the way the wings are stowed in battroid is actually much less practical. They simply get in the way of leg movement. They get in the way on the toys and would be in the way if a battroid was real.

Try running around with a sandwich board strapped to your back if you don't think it's problematic. :lol:

1444481410296.jpg.e1c20ed3f42f1089cb6d1ced07c31d6f.jpg

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, it really depends on how one poses their V/YF-19's. I pose mine with the upper part and shoulder lined horizontally, making a number 7 form looking from the side, so it does that Obari pose. However, if one pose the upper body vertically straight, then it's not going to have that much of Obari pose. But doing that, it makes the 19 looks like it has a big hump on the back.

Bandai-VF-19Adv-18.jpg
Above photo is from Jenius' Anymoon site.

No one likes saggy uni-boobs.