BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Overall everything looks ok. The left vertical stabiliser keeps popping off. Looks like the black tab part isn't molded quite right and wants to put the winglet off when you move it. Not a critical issue but still annoying.

Regardless I'm happy to have a Bandai 19 again! And I do think this is a nicer unit than the Advance too! 

Forgot how much of a bastard it is to extend the nose gear.. 

20180928_115926.jpg

20180928_120512.jpg

20180928_121606.jpg

10 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

Well, Amazon just canceled my order, they said they overestimated inventory. No yf-19 for me. 

Oh.. dang eh. That sure sucks. Hope you can find another.

4 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Just out of curiosity, who has the best price for this toy?

Note sure personally but mine cost me nearly $400 AUD... Although I optioned DHL for the shipping which was a bit more then usual. 

7 hours ago, enphily said:

Got my YF-19 and i'm absolutely love it!

DaX5yi3wTCw.jpg

Thats a fun pose! Really different from the traditional valk poses! Nice!:yahoo:

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

My favorite angle for this YF-19 ordnance display photo.

31083330578_f2ca83b2ea_h.jpg

Man, so beautiful....if you are shooting battroid/gerwalk, with so many possibilities to set-up the shot, i thk thats a bit of a headache...

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

We’re starting to fold!

8B31E5E8-DA2A-45D2-A312-BDA77F6328B1.thumb.jpeg.e3b46f4723a7ef6e33533fad26e04839.jpeg

Novel idea! Now almost everything that came in the box can be displayed in one mode...:yahoo:

21 minutes ago, spanner said:

Relatively easy transformation too! And quite fun!

Hehe you just got it and transformed it already with no issues..opposite of what's some have posted...you reached *valk veteran* status!:D

17 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Mandarake has the DX YF-19 for 35,000 yen, before shipping:  https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1096833204&ref=list

NY has it listed for 31,600 yen, before shipping:  https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/24885-macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-19-excalibur-full-set-pack.html

I see a number of listings on eBay for instant purchase, starting around $330 with shipping included.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

31 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

Well, Amazon just canceled my order, they said they overestimated inventory. No yf-19 for me. 

you can still reorder from them but  It will be " fulfilled by Amazon"  so you can still take advantage of the low global shipping.

It's 29500 yen  + 1200 yen shipping = 30298 yen  

Still a good price, just not as good as before.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスプラス-フルセットパック-約250mm-ダイキャスト-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07CMT92SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538106564&sr=8-1&keywords=yf-19

25 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

The best price right now is probably amazon.jp at 30298 yen SHIPPED to the USA

amazonyf-19.png.1e826b18be9cd30bc96691ed66199fb0.png

19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hehe you just got it and transformed it already with no issues..opposite of what's some have posted...you reached *valk veteran* status!:D

Haha! I guess so! Apart from the super tight hip ball joints, it was definitely one of the easier out of the box transformations I've had in a while. 

Finally got shipping notice from Amazon. That was a hella long "we're preparing your shipment." Should be happy they didn't just cancel on me. 

My other two from HS and Amiami are still in transit. This is probably the slowest EMS service I've ever seen. I'd be irritated if I wasn't busy with work and won't have time to mess with them till Friday anyway. 

Edited by Lolicon
spelling

After checking the clear cover of the Styrofoam that allocates the YF 19 I notice that the part the covers the antenna is not aligned with the rest of the cover.

image.png.e40cb7ad54213d5b3940c99b1bc82623.png

The separation  of the antenna and clear cover is just some millimeters away from touching each other

image.png.cff4e62d769d0dd605666c84200d8bab.png

image.png.a1fa9d2c4b19219f9786414652f7eebd.png

You can definitely feel the bump under this area:

image.png.ccf1037b883582ccd70c8def2f43c3b2.png

So it really no wonder why lots of users have been receiving broken antennas , with the minimum weight on the top of box there is a strong chance it will brake . So if you are planning to leave it inside the box be sure to not put nothing on top, I'm thinking of reducing the styrofoam inside the tray or put it below the tray parts, it leaves clearance and the top can remain totally flat , no bump. Seriously Bandai come on this is a serious QC issue in the packaging department :( 

2 hours ago, Blue Meanie said:

Booooo, they cancelled mine as well. I’m very surprised that amazon was the retailer that flaked on this figure. Disappointing. 

I have a PO for the DX VF-1J with amazon as well. Not confident they will come thru on that fig either. 

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Well based on this pic from jenius, the angle of the canards on the Bandai is more accurate (it’s the Advance, but it’s basically the same thing). On the other hand, the Arcadia version might be too “perky”. But I think neither got it right.

5ADD7A7F-72FE-47D3-AC55-F00A71CB85C3.jpeg

I think the Arcadia's perky-canards got it quite correct, actually...

yf19-perky-canards-anime.png.ed64a749ccb1754e9d38e3ae35c1230a.png

10 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Something I thought of is that I generally open AmiAmi packages from the bottom, because there's less stuff in the way of just cutting the tape and getting at my goodie inside.  So, I flipped the box over, did my cut, and took my YF-19 out also upside down.

But what if that moment was when my antenna was damaged?

I noticed there's quite a bit of give in the way the YF-19 is in the package.  Normally the valks are much more secure in the styrofoam and don't have so much space in the plastic cover on top.  There seems to be plenty of space for the antenna in it's bubble, but there's also plenty of room for shifting space under the plastic for the whole jet.  So, when I flipped it over, did the antenna bump in that moment and get the minor snap?

Semi-unrelated note...

I had attempted to order the YF-19 from HLJ, but I also got an order in at AmiAmi.  Later, HLJ sent me the cancellation email for my order, and they also sent me a 10% off code.  Well, I noticed that the Fate Formal Craft 1/7 figure was showing as released and figured I'd use my 10% off coupon to order it.  Instead, I discovered the code was not valid.  I thought I had until 2019 to use it?  So I went over to AmiAmi and ordered it there.

HLJ hat a major overhaul of their website in the last few days and not everything seemed to work properly. I had to reset my password to log in so maybe there is a similar issue with coupons. I would just mail their customer support and ask for clarification.

Arcadia did such a great job, but this is my biggest gripe...funky intake design, weird nonparallel accent line on intake, and the enormous gap at the knee joint. These are the areas where the Arcadia shines and unfortunately that’s it.

My order has yet to arrive but I am still anticipating it’s arrival. Hopefully with no issues. It’s weird that this has so many issues eventhough it 95% the same as the 19Adv. I feel for those who have YF-19s with issues. Knock on wood I get a good one.

595A0A72-D1E3-41A5-AAC5-99C6DF9666A7.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Added image.

Is the head laser design of the YF-19 slightly different to the VF-19 Advance?  I don't recall  anybody posting about broken head lasers when the VF-19 Advance was released.

One thing I didn't like about the VF-19 Advance and from the pics of the Bandai YF-19 is the too shallow angle of the canards. That is one area where Arcadia did a better job.

I don’t think the QA issues are a problem with the design, I think the hip problem is an assembly issue, the fin thing is a molding issue, and the head laser thing is a packaging issue. The actual Valkyrie is just fine!