BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Both my orders from Cdjapan and Amiami arrived today. 

I'm happy that Cdjapan was able to hold my MB Strike until the yf-19 release date for the combine shipping. 

Open both of them right away to do a quick antenna check.  Both of them is good.  :lol:

Both of these stores do package their items pretty well so I'm sure that helped.

The ones that received their yf-19 with broken Antenna were from HLJ and Anime-export, so perhaps better packaging can save it? :unsure:

But if the cause is from the factory then no amount of packaging material would be able to help.:huh:

IMG_2297.jpg.09ff65dbfd231c74dd4fe9a324527e87.jpg

Edited by F360

7 hours ago, neko878 said:

Nice pic Saburo!

Thank you @neko878!

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Sensational stuff Saburo!! You're a master at this! Can't wait to get mine!

Though it didn't make it onboard the courier for today but they tell me definitely tomorrow.. 

Thank you @spanner!  Yes, the anticipation of a new toy delivery, soon you will have your 19. :D

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Saburo I'm afraid I'm going to have to break into your home and steal that. :shok:

@Lolicon :lol:

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Awesome.  I like that Fext System hangar too.  How much would that cost?

@sh9000 This is hanger is special custom version for me, I designed all the graphics and the printed all the tiles.  I cannot talk about cannot talk about the cost of my hanger, best is to email them. The great thing about FEXT System is that you can make you own design.

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

The ones that received with broken Antenna were HLJ and Anime-export. :unsure:

"HLJ and Anime-Export were the ones that received broken antennae," you mean.  

Middlemen retailers have no control over how Bandai packages their product, of course.  I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest otherwise, but be careful with your English syntax! :p  

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

"HLJ and Anime-Export were the ones that received broken antennae," you mean.  

Middlemen retailers have no control over how Bandai packages their product, of course.  I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest otherwise, but be careful with your English syntax! :p  

oops,,  I left out "from" ...^_^

I was trying to say maybe if HLJ and Anime-export packaged their items better, the results might be different.:mellow:

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

I am not sure, send them an email and inquire about them.

Did enquire with fexthobby and they said thats a customized and exclusive base set done up for saburo but goods news, they will be doing up a general release base set complete details and markings soon

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

oops,,  I left out "from" ...^_^

I was trying to say maybe if HLJ and Anime-export packaged their items better, the results might be different.:mellow:

Wow F360, did I read it right.

The ones that you received from HLJ and AE, broken antenna? I'm starting to get worried - my one would be coming from mykombini -_-

40 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Wow F360, did I read it right.

The ones that you received from HLJ and AE, broken antenna? I'm starting to get worried - my one would be coming from mykombini -_-

no no , not me.  But the members that received theirs with broken antenna seem to come from hlj and anime-export.  (not enough packaging material, perhaps?)

Mykombini packages their stuff pretty well.

My second YF-19 arrived Wednesday from CDJapan via EMS, 2 days after my first one arrived from AmiAmi via DHL.

I opened the box, and am happy to report that the head laser arrived intact. YAY!

Now I need to figure out what to do with this second valkyrie. I had originally ordered it as a sort of precaution, after having seen how people's VF-31A pre-orders from N-Y had gone so horribly wrong. I just wanted to make sure that I secured one, hence the 2 pre-orders I did for the YF-19.

@Saburo your custom is really great! How large is overall display? And did the lights came along with the base made by fext?

I am thinking of giving this base as a gift for my kids, pretending this is for their Transformers toys ! Haha :))

I have received mine from AE and the antenna is doing great but I can understand that if someone kick the box on the larger side, the YF-19 is oriented in the wrong way and the antenna would take the whole and eventually break. Packaging is awesome for the eye when you open it but I would rather have the fighter turn 180’ and have the landing gears upside to protect the antennna

For the TLDR:

Safe to say that my 4 out of 4 received were antenna safe. I can definitely say that the packaging design by Bandai didn't help with the antenna issue. The antenna space/void didn't have enough clearance to fail safe any packaging mishaps. The one I received from AmiAmi left a minor/noticeable mark on the cardboard insert sleeve (through the plastic tray covering) over where the antenna is. 3 of 4 had a little small mark on the clear plastic tray covering where the antenna bumped/banged an indentation. 

Shipping box details:

The one that I received from AmiAmi was packaged well, maybe too well. AmiAmi used bubble wrap on the bottom half of the shipping box along with paper padding on the bottom centered, the top, and along both long sides of the box. AmiAmi's shipping box was shorter (in height) than the CDJapan shipping boxes. AmiAmi was shipped and received by DHL (first of the four) which somehow managed to put a pretty deep dent on the outside of the bottom middle (underside) of the shipping box. The product box was unscathed. AmiAmi's shipping packaging was very condensed compared to CDJapan and HLJs. 

CDJapan bubble wrapped the product box (completely) and paper padded the top of the product box and shipping box space/void.

HLJ's was shrink wrapped to a cardboard insert which was cut a tad bit larger than the YF-19 product box. There was minimal space/voiding between the YF-19 product box and HLJ's shipper box.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

So, after a few hours of ginger movements and gentle massaging, I got mine into battroid mode and it is a. Lovely. Lovely. Thing.

Next to the other Lovely. Lovely. Thing., of course. :D

20180927_003704.jpg.64a7d36cbd8451058169fb6b7763fd12.jpg

The leg fins did pop off a couple times, both of them, but popping them back into place is easy peasy. The major issue is the thigh joint, as onnasuke and Lancestride01 can attest. And the fix is untightening the screws holding the ball joint together. I just tinkered with mine, taking it apart as part of a natural progression of remedies, but I realized afterwards that Sildani has a nice step-by-step picture guide. You should follow it: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41401-macross-maintenance/?do=findComment&comment=1421822

Some issues I ran into aside from the above:

1) The black piece behind the head that's supposed to lock everything together... doesn't. Try as I might, I can't get the cockpit to sit any further back and get the peg protruding from there to lock into the socket on the underside of the black piece. It's not a major problem, but it IS an eyesore. (Also the neck doesn't peg securely into the front collar/back of the nose, but it's a super small peg and not noticeable anyway. EXCEPT TO MEEEEEE.)

20180927_003807.jpg.995d78f84fcc0a6b89df4d12bde7b363.jpg

2) I don't like that the wings don't nicely swivel into storage/high speed configuration. You're just left to adjust them manually, and it's less than ideal.

3) The shield is too tall. If it were wider or shorter, it would look fine. I also don't like that it can't fit onto the back of the arm to accurately recreate the arm cannon pose.

4) The feet still bother me. All around.

5) The wing root tabs were really hard to remove first time around. Now that that's been gotten out of the way, I'm sure they'll be more cooperative in the future.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

While I was relieved to not have received a broken antenna, mine came with a not-so-smooth tip. Did anyone else have this problem? I’m hoping that a bit of TLC and fine sandpapering would fix this. 

46B465EA-7681-4DBA-B079-80A549093561.jpeg

Received from CDJapan ok...phew.....so grateful...

yf-19_antenna.jpg.ab5d7b7723f0594e7d9cdb31657cb1d3.jpg

CDJ box came bubble wrapped around the YF-19 box, and additional paper stuffing on the top of the box before the shipment box lid.

No dents detected on shipper box also. shipped via EMS.

For those of you with broken laser tips, keep in mind, if the part is in the box, it's a very easy repair.

Since the break seems like it tends to happen along the engraved detail line, you don't even need to sand/repaint anything.  You'll just need a very fine drill bit, and a matching piece of metal pin that you can attach the pieces with (I tend to use small segments of a paper clip for that sort of thing).  Drill into both halves of the laser, and depending on how rough the pin is, you may not even have to glue it. 

I also would not sand the joining edge unless absolutely necessary, since that will reduce the width of the line around the break, and may actually make the parts fit together worse.

Edited by Chronocidal

After my first transformation of the YF-19 somehow I feel the quality is sub par form the advance 

1. one om my filling panels does not retreat completely.

2. Stabilizers popped up with minimum handling NwWRzotBvbA_YNglww_NmwidqvGbh_fAYYAe_N9MKQN6sAgQrWp4p2H7q2bWe8c4aE4tk-rjEwQoBVysDEOJ_f3OG0PT9ZVZzNikwG1XXvtrbSZWsOO-xCcOwW4dEXdgRFM1x_0hpyUEo00aZvFHTvWkFEKvxryGITfO7BvnX4PJt3nSX76DjZ65qaJAsoKPthAxs8YIo1AyXIAgK9R-t37CVQU02qdMMWIpRhAeJ8s7huK_51XxvBzKjIzGpuEF8AIfcnBbt0TzXeoD49g3Rz_0_sj3qjKCLBRcAw8_sfiLuY_gDFquSzMDm_IbWsL3cfbYBJackP9rNGwNLqGlaqy0OXyH7_5V7DE4qorWMvKroNyIiRDh2pTeom98L79O_sYmpHdc9v-dd5s-skvBWF2go5RJ14rsrssqjtsr_ts1tPnyv5sBNGgD2fgEuaYDpTvmyg5U320yypOXBTQ1gC2VDnP_6uSKe9eYelTelzzv3c7TAxV6CkqcUlE5lj9o9cQ2jVWi0RPvVusMAK55tBktz26CN9kWoS1jON_Vpyzh0Rs6_cOPG0q4aq-PGnOsVPkrvmebi7RG0G8iN6upCgTLfHQzjeLrmMrjek2QVKekoy3sCOL7DPgWX2YBjcU=w959-h540-no

3. my rear thrusters are not symmetrical ZVJsTwI_p7Rjx9GinzTGRbSRXCBayzLkY4_x9Pf5q4peCXKMVJXGhs9FB8fIxxfW5Ng9tR1cl2gbMAjmcRpoxPWU7qYFp79DIp2vF6nL9RtJUxB_sE8-ZaMLwBR3ynd0kUuN3lUdYNCGv8vZcqfoimz_NA4rt1gJhBdhhx8bZ9jkNn3Taw3WF1Q8kremW_GJ_PdTXV9sbrL6NEaKVEjneV6KjUnwoXPfVbGjI2hWA5L7XzBYAmBMscsdFMMtW-5d_u8_s2xfPpFXrgxZbEAV6Nqxij8JSLZb4jg_ef-vam83V0Y3OgxmMJFhgscFuZtcoj64YUvX_dicpKub-i7ysljJcAo94UkB3cLSzgRXNe1n3hgnj2oETtdGjjvxm_OdEESXcP5NOneQ72CqvkGVrmivUuJ-CWDKFPn4IkhwlLLEwsYuA0KSD8WsXqcy1eVdKqGtimRpS6DBTM3OtRwTsAomYtiKgQHp240tNGioQe8xJUxnHbg_UV4_CiMZKAalhdh7I4CympY1omXP16GMfqJT2OeUT1EFYcS8rw-52SsQcDVT9TPadmhRClzHC3sUTRyiCLFjgqny1FMzE3pxcKfMDG9Out-cargSGQaNvUAzoMgdY9XQe0tvF9H6d3Y=w959-h540-no

4. there s a weird gap at the neck eoDkrtk0pkI0AmJir3JiwKU5rwmjVj7FEKPHwv3djrdqISKiLtg9CnTJvqbYvgrQjqBO79AiyMIKjnpJJdbQYnBwInr63DWlvu84EQPEh1jPaRtOIMxdrw8jeGKIdhQ1PK4z4SX3xi3DFqE42Uc2b0AUzFSS7yOahrqLat6FDSB-T9u-7Xg6uM71ahCcW2jl5T1vtf5C16KQIc6DsVcGixTe4CdYELgh09DKqhEu1piVe3STlsohu36YqArFRPDGehpJNCTdggLEI3HdRJ5mRFLrjJC6eZEOAjrH_r-wpAyKslx7zp-X3i5WSg0ZPFBLKFhoIWCHgCHZu7VpBATnVHgySkOGu20qG1l7yWjLqKklugGoS-C4s9i2G_7AjldxALxWhD3DAyHiBWat6cJMMSqweAE3bI1WJGZQkgrnJYyNrM6huNNSlcPiY4m6XMuDyL5CU8ikaF2-fQ08vIhHf1m3-n4S8JRbHr1V17ieJ0iOOuzJD5Kcl-A9U-TpV5cUc3hmRKJC6dQF-CFZLX6uEJjdEGIMxqzs1ujqIiJaK4b70WNI1hRz-LQrmJctnDIsHy6cZaG2pqrCOvXjprpCBgA5zmhKqwXvcBz4qCOnRu8x5Tchy_ulUPTOx81cjjA=w1457-h819-no

5. overall all the articulations and pegs are super stiff

4 hours ago, rdrunner said:

While I was relieved to not have received a broken antenna, mine came with a not-so-smooth tip. Did anyone else have this problem? I’m hoping that a bit of TLC and fine sandpapering would fix this. 

46B465EA-7681-4DBA-B079-80A549093561.jpeg

yeah I had that for a moment I got scared thinking it was broken 

So while waiting for Amazon to ship my Bandai YF, I put my Arcadia in permanent plane mode on the stand with some missiles. I have the 19 Advanced next to it. The more I look at them the more I like the anime proportioned Arcadia plane mode more. So if I keep it in plane mode I would have 2 battroid Bandai's.....Maybe I should cancel. I don't want another NY 31A situation, I could get some of the ones I am missing like a VF-25 with Armor....... THIS HOBBY IS MENTAL TORTURE!

8 hours ago, kajnrig said:

So, after a few hours of ginger movements and gentle massaging, I got mine into battroid mode and it is a. Lovely. Lovely. Thing.

Next to the other Lovely. Lovely. Thing., of course. :D

20180927_003704.jpg.64a7d36cbd8451058169fb6b7763fd12.jpg

The leg fins did pop off a couple times, both of them, but popping them back into place is easy peasy. The major issue is the thigh joint, as onnasuke and Lancestride01 can attest. And the fix is untightening the screws holding the ball joint together. I just tinkered with mine, taking it apart as part of a natural progression of remedies, but I realized afterwards that Sildani has a nice step-by-step picture guide. You should follow it: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41401-macross-maintenance/?do=findComment&comment=1421822

Some issues I ran into aside from the above:

1) The black piece behind the head that's supposed to lock everything together... doesn't. Try as I might, I can't get the cockpit to sit any further back and get the peg protruding from there to lock into the socket on the underside of the black piece. It's not a major problem, but it IS an eyesore. (Also the neck doesn't peg securely into the front collar/back of the nose, but it's a super small peg and not noticeable anyway. EXCEPT TO MEEEEEE.)

20180927_003807.jpg.995d78f84fcc0a6b89df4d12bde7b363.jpg

2) I don't like that the wings don't nicely swivel into storage/high speed configuration. You're just left to adjust them manually, and it's less than ideal.

3) The shield is too tall. If it were wider or shorter, it would look fine. I also don't like that it can't fit onto the back of the arm to accurately recreate the arm cannon pose.

4) The feet still bother me. All around.

5) The wing root tabs were really hard to remove first time around. Now that that's been gotten out of the way, I'm sure they'll be more cooperative in the future.

I too had issues with that back plate not clipping on, and after pulling up the torso to inspect the cockpit, i realised that i did not push the cockpit far enough to hear a click sound which you should,after that, that part just goes in.

My order from HLJ, had head laser intact too.

97F9BEF1-7DEE-4B2E-B87A-F900D0C05AA2.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I too had issues with that back plate not clipping on, and after pulling up the torso to inspect the cockpit, i realised that i did not push the cockpit far enough to hear a click sound which you should,after that, that part just goes in.

Push it deeper into the back of the battroid, or push it down more when you fold it on top of the rear nose section? I'll try both when I get back to messing around with it later today. Thanks for the advice!

Lift the torso, inspect where the cockpit is and make sure it is pushed down towards the spin of the aircraft there should be an audioable click if done correctly, else lift the cockpit and resit it to hear the click, that should solve the issues, not sure why I never had this issue with the VF-19Adv

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Some issues I ran into aside from the above::D

I feel that you’re doing something wrong here. There are clear positions for both high speed mode and battroid mode for the wings. The proper positions for the wing swing bars are all clearly detailed in the manual with diagrams.

Checked your pic again and can see that you have the wings wrong in battroid. You didn’t push them in.

Edited by ArchieNov