BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

One more bit about min, in regards to the laser. No damage to the packaging or the shipping box, though the figure was placed in the shipping box upside-down.

I’ll send HLJ a message and the photo when I get home tonight. At least it’ll let them know things are going on, and they’ll probably give me a coupon. I doubt they’ll have any spare for replacements.

3 minutes ago, iguanaman8989 said:

One more bit about min, in regards to the laser. No damage to the packaging or the shipping box, though the figure was placed in the shipping box upside-down.

I’ll send HLJ a message and the photo when I get home tonight. At least it’ll let them know things are going on, and they’ll probably give me a coupon. I doubt they’ll have any spare for replacements.

It's probably due to the figure bouncing around inside the box, more than the box being pushed down into the figure.

4 hours ago, Numbninja said:

revenge of the sweatshop workers:diablo:

Had a similar thought when I got my y-19 actually lol.  I even had a hair in my box...

Definitely humanized the whole thing for me.  I'm not trying to make excuses or political statements here, but it can be easy to forget that the reason we can even get things this complex for this "cheap" (I use the term loosely) is because there are people in the world doing the assembly labor for a pretty low wage...

Breakages and human error are bound to happen, especially when you're dealing with labor at this cost.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I was wondering the same. Mine says it may be delivered tomorrow but it hasn’t shipped yet lol

I got my shipping notice last night and I ordered mine the night before.

Chris

1 hour ago, iguanaman8989 said:

yeah if there was no damage to the box  but the figure was damaged they will help you. good luck!

Yes I believe the head lasers are being broken when everything is pressed into place in packaging.

With the help of jenius' vf-19 advance transformation video and a lot of patience, I got mine transformed into Battroid mode. First I stopped to get all the fast pack parts installed on fighter mode. That was a little frustrating, but they look nice. In Battroid mode, I can't get the tab behind the head to lock into place. The angles are just wrong no matter how I do it. The hip joints and toe/heel rotation points are insanely stiff too.

It's a beautiful valk, but I am not sure I can get it back into fighter mode without getting an engineering degree first.:lol:

IMG_20180925_215601.jpg

2 hours ago, Blue Meanie said:

Mine changed to "we'll notify you when available" and the amazon pre-charge dropped off my card.

That stinks; my charge disappeared too but it still says “shipping soon” : /

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I got my shipping notice last night and I ordered mine the night before.

Chris

Did you buy it “from amazon” or a 3rd party seller via amazon?

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

Just got mine in the mail today and I'm like...

tenor.gif?itemid=8426324

It's the supercharged anime look to the robot mode that's by far the best thing about it.  Nobody's managed to achieve that level of faithfulness to the anime look of the robot while at the same time achieve the sleek modern design of the aircraft. Anime magic brought to life.  Unparallelled in my opinion.

Just now, davidwhangchoi said:

are the boxes sealed? or like arcadias? i don't want to break the seal:unsure:

unfortunately, that's the only normal way to check.  Unless you have access to an x-ray machine, (similar to the ones uses at federal buildings and airports)

With those, you can check and zoom in without opening the SEAL box.   :lol:

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

unfortunately, that's the only normal way to check.  Unless you have access to an x-ray machine, (similar to the ones uses at federal buildings and airports)

With those, you can check and zoom in without opening the SEAL box.   :lol:

Hold on...Taking my sealed YF-19 into work and sticking it in one of our X-ray inspection systems.

12 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

are the boxes sealed? or like arcadias? i don't want to break the seal:unsure:

Unfortunately you will at least have to break the seals of the outer box to inspect the antenna. But the seals to the trays containing the valk and the missiles will still be there if you only wanted to check the antenna. 

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yay you escaped! btw is that a mark on the packaging top where near the antennae?

I can’t remember - but the antenna tip wasn’t smooth and I was a little concerned if it had scratched as well. Let me double check tomorrow morning. Can you share a pic for yours? Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hold on...Taking my sealed YF-19 into work and sticking it in one of our X-ray inspection systems.

but bring the sealed box to work, along with all the extra movement in the box , might also snap the antenna too, :p

either way, if you do, please take some pics.  

10 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Quick snapshot of the 2 Bandai DX. The color difference is difficult to pick up, but the Advance is darker. Also notice how the shoulders die-cast-swing-parts thingy color on the Advance don't match the rest of the fighter as well as they do on the M+....

IMG_6330.JPG

YUMS! I wish there would a guld fig too, for future posing...cmon bandai, figurarts the pilots, its a no-brainer!!!:5:

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I can’t remember - but the antenna tip wasn’t smooth and I was a little concerned if it had scratched as well. Let me double check tomorrow morning. Can you share a pic for yours? Thanks. 

I will once i get them...they are still at the JP port, so probly in a week or two... 

edit: woah i got confused between my other deliveries and one of my 19 which is from CDJ is abt to be delivered!!

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Yes I believe the head lasers are being broken when everything is pressed into place in packaging.

With the help of jenius' vf-19 advance transformation video and a lot of patience, I got mine transformed into Battroid mode. First I stopped to get all the fast pack parts installed on fighter mode. That was a little frustrating, but they look nice. In Battroid mode, I can't get the tab behind the head to lock into place. The angles are just wrong no matter how I do it. The hip joints and toe/heel rotation points are insanely stiff too.

It's a beautiful valk, but I am not sure I can get it back into fighter mode without getting an engineering degree first.:lol:

IMG_20180925_215601.jpg

I think your problem is that you didn’t extend the sliding back part all the way. There’s supposed to be a click when you reach the intended position. Once you do, the tab should fit in perfectly.

BTW, you need to pull out the little shoulder flaps to complete the transformation.

Edited by ArchieNov