BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

1 hour ago, Trifalger said:

Well this has privately been my plan for some time in the case I couldn't cope with the heels but it seems like it's an easy job to swap either the heel or the entire foot of the VF-19 over to the YF-19.

For about 2 seconds I thought your left vertical stab was missing.

48 minutes ago, spanner said:

Yeah it may look a little stubby in fighter mode but I much prefer the smaller heal when in battroid! The adv heal is too long and no one likes clown feet.

Also, got shipping notice today! Yay! Got it sent via DHL so that should mean I'll have it before the weekend! 

A nice balance of the two would be the Arcadia heel but doing what’s different seems to be what got Bandai here in the first place so I guess that wasn’t going to happen. As it is, VF-19 heel for fighter and YF-19 for battroid/gerwalk but neither are particularly offensive to me now either way. I’ll still wait til I have it in-hand to really consider.

9 hours ago, F360 said:

I think it’s fair .  The adv does have a different look and the fastpack are a military green which I think makes it look better than the blue.  The blue just blends in too well that it just looks plain.

also that’s it for the vf-19 adv , they aren’t gonna make more ,  so I don’t think you will find it for less than msrp . 

A fair consideration.

Just took delivery of my copy from CDJ. I'm pretty impressed with their speed and service.

Well I got a VF-19 Advance I brought through fromjapan and also my YF-19 from biginjapan today, and just got the email from HLJ that my other shipped.

I opened it up and one of the wing tabs was so tight it wasn't funny, I popped it out after using a nylon iphone tool, there was no damage to anything inside the box so I was incredibly happy.

39 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Yes, you can.

Wow so much awesome!! Gun pod strapped on right forearm and fold booster on left shield!!

the 19 is turning out to be a heavy lifter..haha...now just find a way to get a micro missle array in somewhere and that’s an armoured pack!

Edited by seti88

9 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

A fair consideration.

Just took delivery of my copy from CDJ. I'm pretty impressed with their speed and service.

Nice , wait til you check the points you earned on this purchase, along with bonus points and then quarterly points .

that will add up to some nice savings on your next purchase.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, F360 said:

Nice , wait til you check the points you earned on this purchase, along with bonus points and then quarterly points .

that will add up to some nice savings on your next purchase.

:lol:

I'm only now starting to take note of the points system from CDJ, Amiami, etc. Never really give them any consideration up till recently. Was too focused at list price.

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it just me, or is it a real pain getting the gunpod to attach to the arm cannon in fighter mode?

Took me many, many attempts to get it to affix, but finally managed to get it and put it on display.

image.png.653f8fe909931e1aa07fb771f8f98787.png

Lovely flanking 19's around the 11! Any tots on where a 21 will sit?

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it just me, or is it a real pain getting the gunpod to attach to the arm cannon in fighter mode?

Took me many, many attempts to get it to affix, but finally managed to get it and put it on display.

image.png.653f8fe909931e1aa07fb771f8f98787.png

That is a great display.

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Spellcheck.

8 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I hope they do a YF-21. However I‘d prefer a VF-22 from Macross Delta first because I think it would be awseome to see Bandai try to implement an itegrated canopy cover. :) 

Not to mention it could help bandai to do a test run on the 21, so to speak (similar to the adv b4 actual 19).

However, since bandai ran that project valkyrie teaser, expectations are for the actual i thk...

8 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Rainy as hell today in Tokyo wasn't it?  I got soaked.

I'm really turning around on this thing after my initial horrible experience.  I think I might even be starting to.....love it.

Got soaked as well and I got to get a new pair of sneakers too:cray:Feel a cold coming up. 

just happy I have the yf-19. Already payed for the preorder I made back in the states. 2 is better than 1!

Shouldnt all DX VF toys have similar shipping rate? Why the 4,000 yen increase?

edit: just checked recently closed auction for this toy. Cheapest MISB was 26,600 yen yesterday, but on average it should close around 28000 on average.

There was a cheaper 24,000 but that is BIB.

Edited by chyll2

1 hour ago, Pedro2k6 said:

C'mon....CDJ just charged me 4,000 yens more on shipping...in the beginning  it was 5,000 yens for EMS and I use my rewards point and end it up paying 2,000 but now they want 4,000 more. 

Just received mine. On PO the shipping was your average ¥5000 DX EMS price. I also used some discount points so paid nearly nothing on shipping (didn't get it from CDJ though). It's heavier than your average DX, box is bigger too (height). But no way near enough to warrant the extra cost they're asking you to pay....

Anyway, happy to see there are more differences than expected between the Advance and the M+ Ver. Not sure I was going to keep it otherwise.

IMG_6315.JPG

Got mine yesterday, I guess I'll add my first impressions to the mix:

Box has some nice heft to it, feels like an armor part bundle or something.  Overall packaging is nice, but the brown insert felt a little shoe-boxy to me.  For the valk itself, it looks great, but only handles so-so.  I really want to love this thing, but I only just like it right now.  Having just handled/transformed a vf-31 the day before, the design of this toy (and probably the valk itself) really shows its age, especially in battroid mode.  The intake things just sort of floating behind the hips on a ball joint seems like an unfinished transformation.  Do they really not peg in any where?  Moving the legs in battroid is really a chore right now, between the floating hip things, the wings on the legs, and the trap door gimmick on the lower leg, if feels like there is no great place to get a solid amount of pressure.  And you'll need a lot of pressure to move those ridiculously tight hips.

Once I've had more time to mess with all the accessories, and the toy loosens up a bit, I think I'll like it more, but this feels like the 3 year old mold that it is.

Last, unfortunately I have to report I have a QC issue that seems to match what some of the Japanese reviewers are saying.  One of the pylons(?) that holds the folding leg fins is malformed, so that the fin is at an awkward angle when full unfolded, and very prone to falling off.  The thing is, when the leg fin is fully folded up (it ships like this in fighter mode) like gerwalk or battroid, the problem is barely noticeable at all.  So I see why this is making it passed QC.  Hopefully this isn't too widespread, but due to the nature of it, I feel like we might be seeing more reports of this one.  I'll have pictures of the error when I get home.

Edited by HardlyNever

Those additional shipping costs are cheap compared to the extra $80+ I had to pay for imports customs tax. All in all, I spent around $340 for it.

Once I get around to having my 2nd one shipped from HLJ, I’m expecting the import tax to be $100 (due to their higher item and shipping cost).

US folks have it easy not having to deal with import duties.

I really wish I was able to PO these from NY instead...

Edited by ArchieNov