BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

15 minutes ago, seti88 said:

heheh ....yes batwing with UNSPACY tampo all over! ;)

8 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

and NETFC

Hahaha! I rather have UNSPACY than NETFC. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

Well, I suppose the Yamato YF-21 could use a little more tampo... it looks rather plain and toyetic next to the DX YF-19 (even with the most egregious markings removed).

919941812_withYF-21.thumb.jpg.4a40d72d8be8ae7a0e806e8d8bd76545.jpg

True and I agree sir. But to some who's more into 'anime-accurate' ones, that YF-21 looks fine to them. ;)

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Just imagine the entirely unnecessary tampo Bandai could put on a YF-21.

I feel like there is a happy middle ground between those two, but people will differ on which specific tampo should be there.  Even Arcadia's premium finish seem to go too far sometimes.

That's why I personally like stickers as an option, but I know they aren't very popular (and seem to be falling out of favor).

2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Well, there's all that surface area. It'd be a shame not to fill it with idols.

only idol in plus is sharon, and with the 21 going banzai against the AI, i hardly thk thats appropriate....which leaves guld's lost love, myung, which ehh isnt very idol looking...

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I feel like there is a happy middle ground between those two, but people will differ on which specific tampo should be there.  Even Arcadia's premium finish seem to go too far sometimes.

That's why I personally like stickers as an option, but I know they aren't very popular (and seem to be falling out of favor).

well, stickers dont quite look as blended in as tampo's and not to mention they would fall off in the longer run...

stickers do give some option to the buyer but i would prefer tampo's as am not good at stickering, positioning and all.... 

2 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

For those who struggle. Invest in these. I accidentally took some home from work but man are they a god send for transforming figures of all ranges. Behold the Nylon Probe Tool aka the black stick 

D6363D7A-E3C3-444C-B9A7-517B48686803.jpeg

Search for "Nylon Spudger" on amazon/Ebay.

4 hours ago, onnasake said:

One last thing....the tail fins suck. They just suck.  If a butterfly so much as glances in their direction, they fall off.  But at least they go back on, so it's just really annoying more than anything else.

Glad that you’re finally getting the hang of it. Like what I said before, feels like most negative reviews are from people who’ve never handled a toy like this before. You have to be very delicate with it, be familiar with the tolerances, and know exactly how to transform it. 

Regarding the tail fins, I don’t have that issue. I was actually wondering about what people were complaining until you mentioned it was them falling off. Strange, I don’t think that was ever an issue even on the Advance.

9 hours ago, eXis10z said:

A friend is offering a straight up trade of his 19 Advance for my spare YF-19 copy. Should I?  :ph34r:

I think it’s fair .  The adv does have a different look and the fastpack are a military green which I think makes it look better than the blue.  The blue just blends in too well that it just looks plain.

also that’s it for the vf-19 adv , they aren’t gonna make more ,  so I don’t think you will find it for less than msrp . 

4 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Yes I know it is silly, but I kinda do like the look of the fold booster attached in battroid mode. Even cooler is that the figure has no problems holding it despite the weight.

4163C74E-F8CC-444C-B066-2186546C8A37.jpeg

Hey Archie. Can you confirm this? Mounting the Gunpod along the Arm Cannon in Battroid mode but make the 'gunpod hinge holder' folded lke how it mounts vertically in Fighter mode. Thanks!

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think you can. Check the screenshot that I took from the previous video posted. But yeah, you don't deploy the lower missiles. ;)

armcannon2.jpg.899fd428736fb212e792bd7bcc33b3f0.jpg

armcannon1.jpg.cbc736c2b27eb85088f00df61aff911a.jpg

2 minutes ago, CF18 said:

So watching all the reviews, my only disappointment is that the unit only come with 8 missile mounting pieces, so you get all those missiles but not enough pieces to mount them on the VF-31s and VF-171s.

I'll make a Shapeways model, if @Xigfrid doesn't beat me to it.

Might take a few weeks though, I've got a prior commitment to replicate shield missile adapters for @Sildani.

1 hour ago, Trifalger said:

A direct comparison of the VF/YF-19 heels in battroid. This guy is doing at least a 3-part in-depth review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqPGXDutSNY

image.png

Yeah it may look a little stubby in fighter mode but I much prefer the smaller heal when in battroid! The adv heal is too long and no one likes clown feet.

Also, got shipping notice today! Yay! Got it sent via DHL so that should mean I'll have it before the weekend!