BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

3 minutes ago, tekering said:

Furthermore, comments like onnasake's led me to expect a much more difficult and frustrating experience than I had with the figure, thus it has pretty much exceeded all my expectations... and I've barely begun to experiment with all the accessories and display options available.

I absolutely love this toy!  :wub:

Well, I tried to explain I'm a total novice with this type of collectible.  He makes MP Megatron look like child's play.  But in the last 24 hours I'm really coming around.  Glad I didn't snap the damn thing out of frustration....your pics are gorgeous as always Ted!

53 minutes ago, tekering said:

Having fixed the offensive tampo on the wings, I'm now completely satisfied with the figure, and may order a second while they're still available at retail rates.  I have no QC issues, no objections to the design or execution of the figure, and nothing to complain about.  But that may have a lot to do with my expectations...

How did you remove the tampo btw...or is it as easy as a 2-second google search?

I removed the offending white paint with Mr. Color lacquer thinner.  Surprisingly, it had little effect on the black paint underneath...

removed.thumb.jpg.926ef502644a08a7dc43c7c5709dd45a.jpg

However, the black stripes required repainting anyway, since there was no black paint underneath the white UN Spacy lettering.

remained.thumb.jpg.724f7cbe7ab98e7db9e6436f2cf0936f.jpg

Still, simple enough to remove and repaint without any sanding required.  :good:

Here she is next to the old Yammie:

YF-19s.thumb.jpg.07524f177aaa9a9079339838a9f9baaa.jpg

^That. That is basically what I'll do with mine.

...probably. Much as I prefer the bare wings, the dumb gaudy stenciling is growing on me.

Any ideas on doing the same to some of the other areas? I'm thinking the "NETFC" that was elsewhere on the plane (I think the tail fins?), maybe the FF-2200 on the legs/above the wing roots...

Oh also, just want to confirm then that the tan is bare plastic and not paint?

Edited by kajnrig

5 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Does the bottom the chest in battroid mode hold together well?

Seems pretty solid to me.  I can't compare it to the Advance, but it's a lot more secure than the ol' Yammie, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

the FF-2200 on the legs/above the wing roots...

Is that in reference to the fuel filter?

TB2vTgHlTXYBeNkHFrdXXciuVXa_!!2103713552

:p

14 minutes ago, tekering said:

Is that in reference to the fuel filter?

:p

As per seti, it's the engine model. FF-2200. The tampo seems to be taken from Hidetaka Tenjin's illustration of the YF-19 for the Hasegawa 1/48 box art (which, frankly, has a much more appealing markings layout in general than this toy does).

pic.thumb.jpg.d9b08d8ac89013247ae510ffe607e17f.jpg

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I removed the offending white paint with Mr. Color lacquer thinner.  Surprisingly, it had little effect on the black paint underneath...

However, the black stripes required repainting anyway, since there was no black paint underneath the white UN Spacy lettering.

Still, simple enough to remove and repaint without any sanding required.  :good:

Here she is next to the old Yammie:

Gee...... the size of the kite on the yammie seems so much smaller than the bandai...Does size matter?:p

5 hours ago, Krunc said:

How bad is it?

What would happen if I had to return mine due to faulty or crappy QC issues?

Not too bad, it's the usual bullshit that comes with the complexity of the design of some of the toys in this hobby. Not sure what that other guy was on about with the broken head laser, 'cause I haven't read that at all, but it ranges from broken tail fins / vertical stabilizers, issues with the wings, some shoulder and chest complaints... I feel some of it is not knowing how to properly transform the toy, but a lot of these guys seem to have the Advance as well, which makes me think it's an actual QC issue... we'll see.

I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Regarding returns... I think you're probably SOL, I don't think most vendors (aside from Amazon) would accept returns. I ended up purchasing a second one just in case I end up with a lemon out of the box.

37 minutes ago, Dobber said:

@tekering, you said you may order another while it is still available at retail. Where is it still available? I’d like to get one.

Chris

His location says he is in Japan, so presumably he'll just walk into a local retailer and buy one.

49 minutes ago, Dobber said:

@tekering, you said you may order another while it is still available at retail. Where is it still available? I’d like to get one.

Chris

you can still get it from amazon.co.jp for 30,000 yen and 1200 yen for shipping to USA

https://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスプラス-フルセットパック-約250mm-ダイキャスト-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07CMT92SS/ref=sr_1_1?s=hobby&ie=UTF8&qid=1537736717&sr=1-1&keywords=yf-19

If you live else where you can get it from N-Y for 31600 yen.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/24885-macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-19-excalibur-full-set-pack.html

Wow! It’s been a while since I’ve been on the boards and I’m hearing all these QC issues about the Dx Yf-19.... I’m wondering if it’s going to have the same issue as the advance with regards to the cracking around the intakes. Good thing I sold mine. I’m thinking about selling my Dx yf-19 as soon as it comes in from CDJAPAN. I’ll let you guys know. Bedsides loose ankles and wings, is the Arcadia Yf-19 prone to the same breakage around the intakes? I really like my Arcadia.

I ended up getting 2 of them but HLJ hasn’t even processed the one I ordered from them and the one I got from biginjap has already arrived in Australia. As this is my first YF-19 I have no expectations on what to expect or compare to and just glad to get one without paying the Arcadia premium.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Wow, the Amazon JP reviews are very negative; not a single five star review and most are 1 star reviews. Can a native speaker give a gist of what the issue is? Google translate isn't helping me all that much. 

I'mma go ahead and post the Google translations of the 13 reviews so far into spoiler tags to save space.

tl;dr -

1-star reviews:
- difficult transformation
- tail fins are loose (whether one or the other or both)
- some joints too loose, many too tight
- one reviewer complains that it's a bad DX because you can't play with it
My general impression: These folks didn't know what they were getting into.

2-star reviews:
- same complaints as above: tight joints, broken head antenna, difficult transformation, etc.
- one reviewer says it feels lower-quality than Advance
- tail fins are a different shape from the Advance (maybe talking about corrected paint job?)
- tan color is "1 to 1.5 steps brighter" than Advance
- has same problems as Advance (including a tight foot extension?)
- same complaints about the heels as have been mentioned here
- one reviewer suggests keeping a screwdriver on hand to tighten the screw on the bottom side of the main wing to keep it tight
- accessories are nicely molded/painted with no flash, sprue marks, etc.
- packaging is good
- one reviewer includes pictures: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-reviews/R2ANAQU2V9OWB0/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07CMT92SS
My general impression: More reasoned criticism than the 1-star reviews. They were more disappointed than not, but weren't looking for a bad time, if you know what I mean.

3-star reviews:
- emphasize you're best off sticking with one mode and leaving it
- one reviewer complains about their love/hate cycle with DXes
- one reviewer compares it to Arcadia, says this is more like a model, Arcadia is more like a toy (easier to transform)
My general impression: 2- and 3-star reviews are where you should look for good reasoned critique.

4-star review:
- recommends loosening tight heels with a hair dryer and gentle rocking
- transformation is easy to get used to if you're familiar with earlier YF-19 toys
- repeats the point that it's not a toy you should play with casually
My general impression: Reviewer knows what they're doing, what they got themselves into, what to expect.

1-star reviews:

"The part that fixes the right main wing and the leg part is just hooked but it is totally out of thinking as if it is wearing with adhesive

And the left and right main wings are not distorted because the front is distorted upward as a whole

Returning goods"

--------------------------------------

"The style is good. I do not have the VF - 19 Advance, so I can not compare it with that, but the degree of difficulty of deformation is high, I feel a bit of stress there, but the things that are more stressful are that the left tail has not gotten firm . I will fly away with each deformation ... then I am afraid that the hip joint of my left foot is too hard to go out. Although I am inquiring about Bandai, I should have bought honestly ... Everyone, please do not buy it more than the price. Please feel free to buy it if you absolutely want it."

"Even though I am writing others, I also do not get detached from my right wing and leg lock.
It is impossible to transform both Garook and Batrode."

"I can take the left tail worried properly. Manufacturer correspondence also has to wait until Tuesday, and Bandai's products are often stressed.

Additional notes
I exchanged it at the store I bought.
However, the right tail wings stop at a fixed position, whereas the left tail warps anywhere.
And you can get it.
It is hard to get out of comparison with the previous generation who did not care to be pushed back with a light elasticity ... well it's okay.

Another thing that I personally felt was the caution mark.
I do not feel the real feeling and remind me of the play. Well it is a personal opinion."

"The price is high and the quality of the item is too bad. Opened head back antenna Damaged, the hip is abnormally hard and can not move at all, the panel of the foot was hard and tearfully damaged. The deformation of each form which weeps was given up and made it Omit and decorated with Valkyrie fixed. It is a difficult product that someone accustomed to figures in this hand can deal with somehow, (like adjusting with silicone spray or design knife etc.) If you do not add anything, you want to enjoy transforming ordinary without adding anything with a product that is even difficult to move It is unsuitable for those who want to play with posing It is wise not to purchase. It is a totally bad product and it can not be considered a DX super alloy. But after the release you can purchase only with a high premium value. Is there anyone who buys this bad defective product?"

2-star reviews:

"I also bought VF - 19 ADVANCE.
The bad part of ADVANCE is intact, the packing of the design change part is sweet and the quality is falling.
Unusual hardness of the lock of the right main wing, joint hardness remains ADVANCE.
Although there was no change in the deformation mechanism, I felt that the accuracy of the parts was degraded.
There were fine Bali left in the invisible part from some tables.
The base of the right vertical stabilizer is poorly molded and the dowels are collapsed and the vertical tail wings come off immediately.
This part is the same shape as ADVANCE in the prototype photo, but the shape has changed in the product.
It is being advertised that the shape of the heel has been changed to improve the proportion, but the design of the fighter is being destroyed.
I did not have any dissatisfaction with this part in ADVANCE, so I do not know the design change intention.
The parting line runs in the anterior-posterior direction of the aircraft in the center of the canopy.
Here is the part whose shape has changed from ADVANCE.
Although ADVANCE was small dissatisfied, it was satisfactory but it was disappointing that my expectation was betrayed in a bad meaning."

"When opening it, the head antenna broke.
Although somehow I was able to repair it.
Just like other reviews, the joints are pretty hard
Adjust with silicone spray, design knife etc.
May be required."

"The color of the aircraft is a sand yellow that is 1 to 1.5 steps brighter than VF-19AD, and the tampon printing printed in various places is also
There is no discrepancy and it is done cleanly. As additional equipment increased, if you think that the hole is open to the whole body,
It looks like VF - 19AD as it is opened in two places on the shield.

When I took out the main body, since my left ankle is oblique, I tried to straighten it and it was unusually hard as I thought the joint was stuck
Since I do not even have a bicycle, I grabbed my legs and ankles with both hands and put my mighty strength as I thought it would be broken, I got crooked and could manage back,
This time the toe is not completely closed, so if you pinch your toes and heels with one hand and put your strength in handfully, the heels managed to move and closed.
With this condition, the fixed indirect shaft of the foot is also abnormally hard like the time of 19 AD, so it may be difficult to deform and so on · · · each part of the aircraft
The joining surfaces are almost the same as 19AD as seen from the crevice of the gap, so that the fine adjustment of the mold and the like are not carried out in particular
I feel uneasy because I feel it.

As for the shape change of the "heel" whose opinions were confused at the bulletin board etc from the beginning of the reservation, after all the previous 19-heel heels
It is definitely good.
The heel of this time is completely different in shape and size from the setting, it is an angular design that does not match the flowing line of the aircraft, and it is a closed state
The length of the toe and the heel are too different to form the body of the vector nozzle anymore, the step and the gap are enlarged at the boundary between the shin and the flare
The smoothness of the surface reproduced in 19 AD and the aircraft's appearance are lost and there is a tremendous sense of incongruity, even in Batroyd and Gawork
It is the same thing.

Ignoring the setting, do not feel the need to do evil, "fighter style and improve Batroid's proportions" or what
I do not know what it means. Far from being better, it is getting worse bad. This alone reduced the number of stars 2.

Since the base of the main wing was loose and it was considerably rattled, when closing the black screw on the bottom side of the main wing a little with a precision screwdriver
You can now keep the main wing vibrant. People who think that it is somewhat loose should be closed with a precision screwdriver.
The other habits of the main body seems to be the same as 19AD. There will be individual differences, but in particular the hardness of indirect
Since it is a considerable thing, let's check the indirect structure carefully and check the direction you can move and add power. Hands with a sliding hand
Please be careful not to get injured.

There are no particular problems in options such as fast pack, wing weapon, anti armored weapon pack, fold booster etc, very beautiful
It's been made and it's really good. It can be done when parts like high-metal VF-2SS fast packs are removed from the runner
Not only the whitening of the cut surface is not seen at all, the burrs are also the finest finish that does not have any marks on the cut surface so please be relieved
It's okay.

Pinpoint Barrier Punch Effect on the Arm is the same thing as that attached to 19AD, it is made in 4 parts with clear PVC.
Since the fins on the outer periphery are soft and flexible, the tip does not touch the main body and it will not hurt, so you can treat it casually.
The coloring is slightly different from that of the advertisement image image, and it looks somewhat monotonous as it has been painted to the center of the main body.

A word to Bandai at the end. If you had time to do something meaningless like "Changing the heel", it was tapped by the previous 19 AD
Please adjust the indirect and unusual hardness of the joint tightly. Companies should take precedence over them, so it would be natural to improve TΔT +"

"I purchased it at home electronics mass retailer.
Unlike VF - 19, this package is pretty cool. I also love the design of the inner lid.
YF-19 body is good or bad, almost the same as VF-19. The ball joint of the crotch indirect joint is also Kusso hard like the VF - 19.
If you move it as it is it will be destroyed. Seriously w
Loosen the screw or need silicon sprayer.

The shape of the nozzle (toe, heel) is pretty much like splitting. Personally I wish it was good as before.
Since the roll axis for Gawk is newly added to the knee this time, it can be made to stand eight more naturally and boldly than VF - 19. When using thighs and knee joints well it boasts a quite wide range of motion.
The impressions of the fighter are the same as before. It is modern and smart YF-19. Like the VF - 19, you can also deploy main wings, so you can battle without hanging a missile.
Newly added missiles are quite large. It's surprising to open it w
I can hang with a free combination so I can defeat it even with just this.

The fold booster is a medium volume. The detail also has a considerable density, yet it is lightly light, so it will be unlikely that you will lose weight. Even if it is upside down it will not fall. It would be even better if there was a gimmick for lighting if you wanted w
The anti-armored weapon pack of the first three-dimensionalization is also good this time. Just putting this on will increase the toughness of the right hand. However, if you attach this, you can not have a gun pod, but it will be attached to the mount of the anti-armored weapon pack, so the gun pod will not survive.

Also, the anti-armored weapon pack has fine hinges here and there, deformation may be slightly confusing, so it may break if you do not do it well. Let's read the instructions firmly and move it.
Well, overall, the evaluation of the main body is a star 4 level. But why is it a star 2, quality control of Bandai is a big problem.
Actually this Kawaiko is the second one. What to say ...

The one I bought first was a defective item!
When deforming it into Batroid, I pulled out the crotch indirectly, but as I tried to pull it out, the joint completely slipped out from the root as it is. I am stunned. Do not be silly.
Well, it was exchanged at the store, but this is not in fluffy with 20 thousand items. I can only think of consumers licking. For Bandai it may be one of hundreds, but for consumers it is 100% defective! It is a credit fallout. Please also take care of everyone."

**includes pictures: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-reviews/R2ANAQU2V9OWB0/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07CMT92SS**

3-star reviews:

"

Packages and fighters are close to ideal.

However, Canards and tail wings are so delicate, delicate.
Replacing deformation and equipment many times, like playing
It is not a substitute. I am afraid of breakage.

Just verify the deformation, fix it in any form, display.
Just getting it, I just got it,
'' I feel like it's better now ''.

I check the movement of the wing with a fighter
Turn on the equipment and it is the end.

I am wondering every time I buy DX superalloy.
[What is a toy? ]

· Compete with reseller · ·
· Disturbing concentration of work · ·
(By collecting information and browsing purchase site)
· If you can not make a reservation, stress for several months ·
· I am worried that I can cut even if I can make a reservation · (Regional toy stores are more likely.)
· In some cases, extra buying.
· Even if you can purchase regularly, rumors of defective products flow ...
· It's too delicate and can not play.
(Other companies were still able to play.)
· I just bought it, my mood burned out.

What is a toy that places this burden ...

At least, I would like equipment to be ordered for prevan.
(If possible, the body as well ...)
With mold casting, Ravens' VF-19A
It looks like you can release it."

"There is "broken attention" in the instructions, but the head gun has broken from the beginning. I do not need muscle carving to lower the strength if it breaks as easily.
The marking is a bit excessive, I feel that the character on the right wing is over.

I was worried about the shape of the heel, but after all I broke the style in the fighter mode, it's pretty obvious.
The advance heel of Advance is long in Batroyd, but it was the same if it breaks the fighter 's style ... Evil evil. Doubt sense

Deformable movable is tight and scared of breakage and chipping of each part. If it is a plastic part, repair is also possible, but caution is needed even for metal parts on the hip joint. After all it is die-casting, and it breaks easily as it breaks.
I loosened the screw on the front side of the hip a little.

After deforming the Arcadia version in comparison
It was far easier.
Looking at it again, the Arcadia version is more toys and cheesy but easy to handle. The Bandai version is delicate and detailed like a scale model. The texture is good and the gimmick is pretty, but it is hard to handle.

The preference of the style depends on people,
Bandai version is an image of CG modeling after f. In other words there is reality (in a good sense it is disgusting)
Arcadia version is a raw nude atmosphere of hand-drawn animation.

Real time macross plus fan and
I do not like whether it is the uneven form of the lower arm.
Personally I prefer Arcadia version.
The fold booster seems to float slightly from the aircraft due to balance with the head machine gun. I wanted a gimmick that can be laid a bit because it's too standing.

I think that Bandai's technical skill and accuracy are amazing, but I think that there are many products that do not have a balance between style and ease of handling. I wonder if technical appeal will be over ...

But I went to a character model nearly two decades ago
Thank you for selling me.

I think that it will be easy to handle if you adjust a little. I guess it is for all people for the time being ... I guess it is also good for maniacs in price.

I think that it is valuable because it is yf - 19 which is easily available at the present time."

"Style: I think that it is well balanced with 3 forms.
(The fighter form seen from below obliquely is good, is not it?)
Color / Printing: Marking to fine parts is not scratched and it is good.

Deformation difficulty: There are many tight parts other than the arms, so it is not easy to deform and play.
Movement range: It will be alright if you use the drawer joint.
Weapon packs: I believe that the fold booster has built-in interior and it is also good for volume.
Anti-armored weapon packs and fast packs attached to the arm are effective for changing the atmosphere
A sense of tightness came out, and when missiles were attached to the main wing, a considerable military feeling
        go out.
I think that the effect parts may also be impressive. (Smell is a bit tight but ...)

Well this is not enough,
· When unpacking, the inner shin panel of the right foot is fully deployed downward, while interfering with the arm in a state of not being folded
It was in a state where it was forced to fight form. Is it being inspected?
· The connecting pin between the right wing and the right foot was super hard. I saw it in other reviews but just the adhesive level? so,
I dropped it somehow by putting the cutter in a slight gap so as not to hurt by the way of the lever.
· Although it is not strongly touched, the tail wing of the right foot (upper side at fighter) easily detaches,
Since then I got irritated as a little dropping off.
- It is a pity that the shield and the cover of the neck are integrated. (It is not replacing parts for quarks,
I wanted the design to work a little more.
- It is a shame design to remove the cover part from the booster at the joint part of the fold booster and the support.
Was it even possible without surplus parts at this level? (Because the price is reasonable)

Although it seems to be done every time, explanation of the instruction is missing. (It is better than Draken III, but ...)

I have been looking forward because I did not have YF - 19, but it was a bit awkward because of the above dissatisfaction points.
I want the manufacturer to keep trying with the content that was a little more price."

4-star review:

"Dubbo fusible when you separate the base of the feather from your feet as you said? It was hard to remove. In my case I warmed up with a little dryer and separated it while rocking. My diamond's joint is solid, but if I move a little silicone sprayer, it will be fine for myself. If you are familiar with Yamato VF 19, Arcadia YF 19, Bandai VF 19 Advance, I think deformation is not so painful. On the contrary, because the joint is hard, the action pose of the batroid form is also decided. Arrival armored weapons packs and fold boosters and other options such as playfulness, ornamentation, satisfaction are sufficient. However, because it is tight, it is not a toy that you can play casually, but it is also a high price, and although it is a star one minus, I was satisfied personally."

Edited by kajnrig

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

can someone confirm the arm cannon can be housed in fighter?

On 9/21/2018 at 7:08 PM, Trifalger said:

Proof that the gun can mount vertically with the arm cannon in fighter mode. From here https://toy-hound.com/dx-yf-19-fullsetpack-review/

CF327D0F-21A7-45E5-81EF-122F557D5782.jpeg

EDIT:

also this (go to 0:35 if video doesn't start there)

Edited by kajnrig

An hour ago I watched the Macross Plus Movie again(lost count how many times hehe) and for me at least I can say the heels are far more accurate to the anime instead the ones the Advance 19 has, in the Advance YF 19 fighter mode it may look a slimmer , and cool looking in fighter mode but in the batroid mode looks like to flat and not comparable to the anime , meanwhile the DX YF 19 looks blocky no doubt but it has way to similarities to the anime Macross Plus not mention it looks way better, this heels in batroid mode it looks it has a more strong firm grip to the ground.   

56 minutes ago, F360 said:

yup.  it's shown in the first part of this video.. 

They don’t cover vertically mounting the gun there, only the horizontal mode covered in the instructions. Neither in the manual in the box or anywhere else has vertical mount been covered but there have been posts of it mounted that way in fighter mode that indicate that the tab that folds out on the other exposed piece of the arm cannon in fighter mode tabs in somehow. I’m not sure why it wasn’t in the written instructions or Bandai instructional video.

8 minutes ago, Trifalger said:

They don’t cover vertically mounting the gun there, only the horizontal mode covered in the instructions. Neither in the manual in the box or anywhere else has vertical mount been covered but there have been posts of it mounted that way in fighter mode that indicate that the tab that folds out on the other exposed piece of the arm cannon in fighter mode tabs in somehow. I’m not sure why it wasn’t in the written instructions or Bandai instructional video.

I haven't seen the manual but I immediately noticed that in the video.  Especially considering with that arm pack stowed it eliminates the bent dick look for the VF-19 Advance.