BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Nice info graphic Noel! Interesting to see how it turns out. 

Still not sure how the cannon is supposed to tab in, when fighter mode shows a single tab slot along the black strip, but in battroid the forearm has a slot and two holes along the black strip...

...unless of course the cannon doesn't tab in on the other arm in fighter mode! Hmmm...

so you have one side with a loose cannon in fighter mode! 

Edited by seti88

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Nice info graphic Noel! Interesting to see how it turns out. 

Still not sure how the cannon is supposed to tab in, when fighter mode shows a single tab slot along the black strip, but in battroid the forearm has a slot and two holes along the black strip...

...unless of course the cannon doesn't tab in on the other arm in fighter mode! Hmmm...

so you have one side with a loose cannon in fighter mode! 

Those are opposite sides of the arm.

This is going to be fun to see in person, the whole thing looks like it has to unfold and collapse under the fighter. ^_^ I'm thinking only the smaller panel on the inside of the arm (the section with the slot embedded inside the black stripe) will stay permanently attached, leaving the smaller two panels to collapse and fold under the right arm, while the big gun winds up underneath the opposite arm.

It also looks like the gun fits into the arm cannon itself and doesn't rely on the mounting point of the arm at all.  Would that mean it sits a bit lower too though? Not sure how that'd work given how it already sits so low on the VF-19 Advance that it has to do that bendy thing to fit/aim correctly.

7 minutes ago, mickyg said:

It also looks like the gun fits into the arm cannon itself and doesn't rely on the mounting point of the arm at all.  Would that mean it sits a bit lower too though? Not sure how that'd work given how it already sits so low on the VF-19 Advance that it has to do that bendy thing to fit/aim correctly.

The bendy would imply that it actually sits too high on the arms and the barrel of the gun thus is unable to clear the underside. Mounted onto the arm cannon, it might actually sit low enough to clear the underside without need for the bendy.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Those are opposite sides of the arm.

Yeah, so the single cannon will be the one over the shield arm in fighter mode. And the twin cannon would then be over the non-shield arm.

Then the bendy would stack the (5 point cannon/missile?) over the twin cannon's. The gunpod handle will then go in between to clip onto the notch in between the forearms.

Solved! :D:lol::crazy:

1647161874_images(2).jpg.42ae63d2d9a2cd0171c7abe767d4c3b0.jpg

And I don't know if i am the only one that's turned on by that front landing gear!

Also, this must be the first valk to have a hollow thrust vector (the heel) :D Doesnt bother me that much tho. The look of this valk is intoxicating.....

GET READY FOLKS!

BRING ON THE 21 AND PERHAPS 11 TOO!

Edited by seti88

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looks like the exchange rate is close to 112 like I had hoped last week. I just paid for mine and it’s probably a good time to do so if you are playing the exchange rate game. Or wait a bit to see if it does crack 112 (or hopefully more). 

God damnit I lost 2 dollars because I paid for mine last week!!!

I have a couple more that I have to pay for on release; but I’m sure the exchange rate will dip to 107 by then lol

44 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

God damnit I lost 2 dollars because I paid for mine last week!!!

I have a couple more that I have to pay for on release; but I’m sure the exchange rate will dip to 107 by then lol

Haha, it really is just a couple bucks but every penny adds up! Hopefully it stays around 111-112 for a while because I have a big shipment I’ve been meaning to pay for but caught up in paying for preorders. 

34 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Somebody knows if the fold Booster will have the light gimmick ?

I do not believe so, you'd need to get a Yamato one for that.

If @Xigfrid doesn't design up an adapter to mount a Yamato fold dildo on the Bandai YF-19, then I will, and vice-versa for a Bandai booster on a Yamato/Arcadia.

I think the heels are even worse than the wing tampo, but:

If the wing tampo was at least the same size/symmetrical, it'd be a lot better.  But the US SPACY is way bigger (goes outside of the black) and is at a different angle than the NETFC (aligned with rear edge of black instead of front edge of black).   It's like two different people painted it--they each took a wing, agreed on "white, all-caps" but other than that, each did it their own way.  And it looks very "lopsided" because of it.  

(and of course, the chest stripes STILL look all wrong)

13 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I think the heels are even worse than the wing tampo, but:

If the wing tampo was at least the same size/symmetrical, it'd be a lot better.  But the US SPACY is way bigger (goes outside of the black) and is at a different angle than the NETFC (aligned with rear edge of black instead of front edge of black).   It's like two different people painted it--they each took a wing, agreed on "white, all-caps" but other than that, each did it their own way.  And it looks very "lopsided" because of it.  

(and of course, the chest stripes STILL look all wrong)

I'm not convinced that the heels can't be pushed in further actually.  After messing with the Advance version, I was able to get the feet to seat lower, in a spot where I think the heels would blend better.  Even if not, fortunately, if the design of the foot internals hasn't changed since the Advance, the heel caps should be a single piece that can be removed and replaced by a custom part.  I plan on tackling a Shapeways replacement as soon as I get mine.

The ugly tampo is another issue entirely, and part of the reason I ordered three of these.  At least one is going to be scraped clean of all that crap, and will have the wing stripes re-painted.  I'm also going to thin out the black panel down the spine, and maybe even remove the UN SPACY on the legs, because it's printed so low.  Depending on how the sizes work out, I might replace some of the tampo with markings from the 1/72 Hasegawa kit.

As much as people blasted Arcadia's release for not having enough tampo printing, I'll take that any day over having to remove all of Bandai's overblown tampo splatter. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 hours ago, onnasake said:

So the leg fin (sorry I'm not a plane guy so I don't know technical terms) seem to have been corrected, no?  The placement of the black/red paint?

Correct.

maybe m the only one but I like the lettering on the wings!

It has an old school vibe to it...image.jpeg.35f5274e3670be1912e4662004c9c51e.jpegimage.jpeg.4ae719bb2c846867fb3d7942699bd040.jpeg 

Especially in battroid it looks gangster, with lettering hanging on the side. ^_^

I wouldn't mind the lettering so much either, if it wasn't insanely ugly for all the reasons mentioned above.  It's misaligned, overlaps the black so half the letters disappear, and it doesn't even match the position of the letters on the opposite wing.  It's like they looked at the design, and asked, "How can we make this as offensive as possible for anyone with any amount of OCD?"

The word I want to apply to how Bandai approaches tampo printing is rapidly approaching a very NSFW term.  They could have just done exactly what Hasegawa did, and it all would have looked beautiful.. but noooooo.... they had to get creative, and put their own spin on it, moving around everything in some sort of mad stenciling party that rearranges all the original canon markings, and adds new ones that are misplaced, misspelled, and hideous.

On that note.. minor question.. is it actually New Edwards Test Flight Center in Plus?  Because the original Edwards is the Air Force Flight Test Center.

Edited by Chronocidal

I can understand why the lettering is large, which is to achieve visual balance across the wings. So in that regard bold lettering would be a better choice.
Its aesthetics i suppose, a bold and loud design choice! 

Something which i wish the 31S and F emblems on the DX should have been....bigger!

Discussing bold tampo reminded me of a certain bike...lol...

036.jpg.ab59394d2a118cb4cf249529fb38b4f3.jpg 

Edited by seti88

34 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I can understand why the lettering is large, which is to achieve visual balance across the wings. So in that regard bold lettering would be a better choice.
Its aesthetics i suppose, a bold and loud design choice! 

So... you say "visual balance."  I do not think that means what you think it means.

How "balanced" does this look to you? Also, just FYI... the letters are bold.  Bold Arial font, to be precise.

wingwtf.jpg.b24a0a46af487791493561562d843d14.jpg

Like.. this is literally my reaction.

MindlessBlushingDragonfly-small.gif

17 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yup, New Edwards in planet Eden was based of the edwards base on earth...

You're missing my point.  I'm just curious if they meant to swap the word order from the original.

448ccb824420ad73977b2501971edf69--edward

Flight Test Center.  Not Test Flight Center.  I'm thinking it's just a bad translation, but I don't know if that's an artifact of the original Plus, something from Hasegawa, or something Bandai did all on their own.

Edited by Chronocidal

Balanced, in the sense that the kite and NETFC take up a WIDE area on one side, so there is WIDE element on the other side to balance.
It doesn't necessary need to be the same size as the kite is a logo and not a font.

Flight before Test or vise versa, chalk it down to japanese interpretation. Or maybe NETFC sounds better than NEFTC..... In fact i think the alternative could be base instead of center but that's nit-picking...

Edited by seti88