BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I just wait to see when the exchange rate is most favorable. Hopefully it will jump to over 111 again and preferably 112+

Ah man I’ve played that game so many times but I rarely time my purchases well lol 

It’s been stuck around 110-112 for a while now and most forecasts are mixed.

43 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ah man I’ve played that game so many times but I rarely time my purchases well lol 

It’s been stuck around 110-112 for a while now and most forecasts are mixed.

In the end, it’s only a couple bucks difference at most but just a fun “game” I play. Any savings just help towards more purchases. Basically like playing the stock market. Another reason why I never pay up front if I don’t have to. That’s basically handing out free loans. Even if I lose the exchange rate game, with the typical amount of time between preorder and actual release, I can make more than that amount back in other markets. 

Side view of the arm cannon from ixtl's twitter repost of a Japanese account, on the previous page.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d4a8173fe0bf0f213bcd12cbde786d6.jpeg

looks like the twin cannon compartment is hinged to the middle compartment hanging off the side of the forearm. Seems like there is a small side slot where the twin cannon compartment splits open? Could that be where the gunpod goes in fighter mode? How would this fold away and not block the arms locking away in fighter mode?

yikes...hope no photoshop magic in the promo shots....

the opening compartment with hinge looks nice and mechanical tho...

*on multiple glances the slot on the side may just be for the connecting hinge to tuck into, if all compartments are folded flat....

Edited by seti88

37 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Side view of the arm cannon from ixtl's twitter repost of a Japanese account, on the previous page.

*snip*

looks like the twin cannon compartment is hinged to the middle compartment hanging off the side of the forearm. Seems like there is a small side slot where the twin cannon compartment splits open? Could that be where the gunpod goes in fighter mode? How would this fold away and not block the arms locking away in fighter mode?

yikes...hope no photoshop magic in the promo shots....

the opening compartment with hinge looks nice and mechanical tho...

*on multiple glances the slot on the side may just be for the connecting hinge to tuck into, if all compartments are folded flat....

At this angle, we really can't tell about the slots. But you know Bandai and its over-engineering capabilities. ^_^

10534411b7.jpg.7467d8b09b9ac1a599f292f500c87767.jpg

47 minutes ago, spanner said:

Hmmmm.. I can't say I'm particularly fond of the arm mounted weapons.. looks very much like an afterthought. Definitely won't be using them.

They're right from the animation.  Or do you mean the implementation looks like an afterthought?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Hmmmm.. I can't say I'm particularly fond of the arm mounted weapons.. looks very much like an afterthought. Definitely won't be using them.

Hey Spanner! Can I buy the Arm Cannon as loose? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm getting this just for the forecannon.

Hey David! Can I buy the YF-19 Valk as used loose? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

The arm cannon is a fun little extra, but I'm more interested in the stacks of wing hardpoints I can use on all my other Bandai valks.  Judging by that last layout picture, it looks like the missiles have slots in them, which would imply the pylons are separate pieces.  If that's the case, I might make some modified pylons for more varied loadouts.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just want all of it.

• YF-19
  • FAST packs
  • massive amounts of hardpoint ordinance
  • arm-cannon
  • fold dildo
  • Isamu and Yang figures
  • I forget if the YF-19 comes with the effect parts that the VF-19Adv had?

Don't forget the barrier punch

It also needs chaff dispensers, as seen in Macross Plus

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just want all of it.

• YF-19
  • FAST packs
  • massive amounts of hardpoint ordinance
  • arm-cannon
  • fold dildo
  • Isamu and Yang figures
  • I forget if the YF-19 comes with the effect parts that the VF-19Adv had?

Yes. The Point Barrier Effect Parts is included.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

They're right from the animation.  Or do you mean the implementation looks like an afterthought?

The implementation of it looks like it was quickly slapped together. I don't mind the idea of the arm cannon itself.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Spanner! Can I buy the Arm Cannon as loose? :rolleyes:

Hey David! Can I buy the YF-19 Valk as used loose? :rolleyes:

LoL! Release the inner Vulture! 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

The implementation of it looks like it was quickly slapped together. I don't mind the idea of the arm cannon itself.

I se.  I’m hoping since it’s a didplay version that’s just a case of a sloppy worker who doesn’t know to fasten things properly.  Bandai are masters of hiring display people who don’t give a damn.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I se.  I’m hoping since it’s a didplay version that’s just a case of a sloppy worker who doesn’t know to fasten things properly.  Bandai are masters of hiring display people who don’t give a damn.

Well I'm not holding my breath on it.. I'm more than sure it will stay in the box anyways.. 

1227192754_item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_20(1).jpg.2174f59f1ee96362725e5a22a3aaa7bf.jpg

Yeah maybe there is a tab which the handler was supposed to push in to lock the double cannon in tighter, but didn't. Either that or photoshop to the rescue again! :rolleyes:

I remember the buzz years back in the forums abt customised arm-cannon's for the 19, so despite how it may fit and all, am not passing up the chance to get this.

There is also the "possibility" of retro fitting them to the yamato/arcadia 19, in some form or the other. 

noel, you aren't trying to piece together a BIB yf-19 with loose pieces are you?  Then all you need is a loose bandai 19 Box! :lol:

Edited by seti88

A little off topic, but got me thinking. Stuff like the YF-19 comes with loads of equipment, has a fairly complex transformation sequence with small moving parts, etc. How come something like a metal build gundam or eva costs the same (and sometimes even more)?

Is it cause they have more metal?

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

cos they be of the brand GUNDAM and Metal Build ;)

:p Fair point, but look at the metal build eva (23k yen) and FMP stuff (also 20k+ yen)

1 minute ago, eggy99 said:

Some contributing factors are licensing and royalties costs. They differ between each series/property.

Wouldn't it be the opposite then (since Bandai owns Sunrise and by proxy all Gundam properties, while it has to pay Big West royalties for stuff like the YF-19? So wouldn't that mean the YF-19 should be even more expensive (not that I'm endorsing this :ph34r:)

41 minutes ago, seti88 said:

1227192754_item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_20(1).jpg.2174f59f1ee96362725e5a22a3aaa7bf.jpg

Yeah maybe there is a tab which the handler was supposed to push in to lock the double cannon in tighter, but didn't. Either that or photoshop to the rescue again! :rolleyes:

I remember the buzz years back in the forums abt customised arm-cannon's for the 19, so despite how it may fit and all, am not passing up the chance to get this.

There is also the "possibility" of retro fitting them to the yamato/arcadia 19, in some form or the other. 

noel, you aren't trying to piece together a BIB yf-19 with loose pieces are you?  Then all you need is a loose bandai 19 Box! :lol:

I wonder how the arm cannon actually attaches.  And if you can dual wield it on the other side if you remove the shield.

woah... dual wield?! I like the way you think!

Mouse_ready.jpg.f05875ec5aa5741db38fa89939a27c38.jpg

honestly tho, dont think its possible as the links seem to be going one way, (ie top cannon linked to missile, linked to double cannon.)

Since the armaments clamp to the outer side of the right forearm, you would need to customise so that a left forearm can have the same config. 

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

woah... dual wield?! I like the way you think!

Mouse_ready.jpg.f05875ec5aa5741db38fa89939a27c38.jpg

honestly tho, dont think its possible as the links seem to be going one way, (ie top cannon linked to missile, linked to double cannon.)

Since the armaments clamp to the outer side of the right forearm, you would need to customise so that a left forearm can have the same config. 

Yeah man, get some custom VF-11 like booster parts, attached the additional VF-19 Advance Booster parts and dual wield the forearm cannons.  Take this thing over the top!

8 hours ago, Archer said:

Wouldn't it be the opposite then (since Bandai owns Sunrise and by proxy all Gundam properties, while it has to pay Big West royalties for stuff like the YF-19? So wouldn't that mean the YF-19 should be even more expensive (not that I'm endorsing this :ph34r:)

It would seem logical right? I know from experience that there is a lot of bureaucracy even within the divisions of the same company and it's sister companies. Bandai Namco Arts owns Sunrise (I didn't actually know this), but that doesn't mean Sunrise will provide BNA license to their properties for free - BNA of course does get first negotiation rights for all Sunrise licensing agreements of course (this is my assumption). For example: The Gundam anime license is owned by Sunrise, but even though Sunrise is owned by BNA, the Gundam series is licensed out via Sunrise and not BNA. ;)

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

I wonder how the arm cannon actually attaches.  And if you can dual wield it on the other side if you remove the shield.

I assume the hole in the right forearm is where they attach the arm cannon. That hole is not available in the previous 19 figure. And if it is, I'm not sure how it can be attached on the left arm since it doesn't have that 'hole'.

item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_15.jpg

12 hours ago, Archer said:

A little off topic, but got me thinking. Stuff like the YF-19 comes with loads of equipment, has a fairly complex transformation sequence with small moving parts, etc. How come something like a metal build gundam or eva costs the same (and sometimes even more)?

Is it cause they have more metal?

Probably because they have more metal. Making the metal parts costs more than plastic, especially when they need to be finished nicely as they show up on the exterior of the figure.

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably because they have more metal. Making the metal parts costs more than plastic, especially when they need to be finished nicely as they show up on the exterior of the figure.

And I also noticed that plastic material used in the Metal Builds are thicker than the one they used for the DX figure.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I assume the hole in the right forearm is where they attach the arm cannon. That hole is not available in the previous 19 figure. And if it is, I'm not sure how it can be attached on the left arm since it doesn't have that 'hole'.

item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_15.jpg

Interesting where that slot is located, since that will put some limits on both where the pack can be stored during fighter mode, and whether the hands will be able to fold in and out. 

I have to assume that's not the only attachment point, since that's where the dual cannon sits, and it will have to fold out of the way to let that side of the arm fit inside the opening on the inside of the lower leg.