BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I ended up with two because I wasn’t sure if the HLJ one came through.  You can have my second from CDJ though.

Thanks @Mommar never bought from them before tbh

2 minutes ago, recon said:

With the YF-19 in the bag, who hopes that bandai will work their magic on a YF-21? Or even a VF-11b?  I for one am keeping fingers and toes crossed

God yes ! I have the yamato 21 and 11b but if bandai pull out all the stops and do both of those, hell yes im buy multiples of each

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

It was a fun party for those us who stayed up for what we initially thought was the 3am (4pm JPT) opening. I think that most of us who wanted one did manage to get one or more in the end from multiple vendors. Glad to hear you got yours from NY at a great price as well.

I was up and ready for the initial 4pm time too; in the UK it was 8 in the morning and I was up for work anyway so I thought I'd go through with it. Then nothing happened and I left for work anyway, and randomly checked at the right time. All's good! 

10 minutes ago, recon said:

With the YF-19 in the bag, who hopes that bandai will work their magic on a YF-21? Or even a VF-11b?  I for one am keeping fingers and toes crossed

I would be content with a DX YF-21 to pair with the YF-19. If Bandai went all the way and released the VF-11b as well, that would be fantastic. 

5 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Is that a grey YF-21 in that scene? Between the red and white 17’s?

you got me zooming it up now. I cant tell really. It looks either like an 11 or a regular raptor.

The intakes look like its mounted underbelly instead of forward like the 21. 

1 minute ago, Zx31 said:

Since it looks to have a proper canopy, I'd bet it's more likely a VF-5000B

I dont think its a 5000B cos in the notes at the mecha manual it says it was never animated in plus. It was included as part of the this is animation book compilation.

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I dont think its a 5000B cos in the notes at the mecha manual it says it was never animated in plus. It was included as part of the this is animation book compilation.

Fair. Most likely it isn't supposed to be anything specific and so wouldn't have an official recognition even if it was based on the 5000. Otherwise I think you're right and 11B is the other best guess.

Pretty sure the red ones are. Intakes are small and underneath the fuselage, the vertical stabilizers are canted inward and attached to the white humps on top of that fuselage. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Same. And now I want a DX 17 trainer. 

The VF-17T was actually my most-wanted potential valk that Yamato never got around to doing.  Could've been a nice gateway to doing the rest of Sound Force too, but I'm just a huge sucker for red-orange/white trainer schemes on everything.

What I'm most anxious to see now are the assorted mounting pylons for all those weapons, and whether they use a similar style of plugs to the Arcadia missiles.  The missiles themselves definitely do not look they have the pylons molded on like most of Bandai's weapon designs, so I'm thinking we might be getting a pile of ready-made Bandai-mount pylons to stick all manner of custom missiles. on. ^_^ 

Also, random thing.. I don't think they actually have the mounting points for the fold booster even implemented yet.  The rear mounts are clipped over the rear of the shield, but the front legs look like they're just sitting above the shield, not even attached at all.

The fact that Bandai went in and photoshopped the right colors for the lower fins onto all their existing product photos does amuse me though.  I wonder if that was due to local outcry from Japanese customers?  If so, I wonder if someone in Japan could convince them to ditch all the fugly text they added, and go with the markings Hasegawa has used for a decade now.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to do a lot of alterations to the markings though.. seeing if I can strip letters and leave the underlying paint intact.  At least removing the "Sinsei Industries" text and narrowing the black on the spine behind the cockpit will just leave bare plastic, but I might have to disassemble and re-paint the wings and tails to get rid of the extra markings there.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, random thing.. I don't think they actually have the mounting points for the fold booster even implemented yet.  The rear mounts are clipped over the rear of the shield, but the front legs look like they're just sitting above the shield, 

I think the two lines on the shield are slots for the fold booster legs to peg into. Dunno if they exist on the VF-19 Advance or not.

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I think the two lines on the shield are slots for the fold booster legs to peg into. Dunno if they exist on the VF-19 Advance or not.

The two slots for the fold booster do not exist on the current VF-19adv's shield. I checked when the official pictures were posted. The slots are shown in all the pictures with a rectangular boarder around it, but in the pictures where the booster is mounted it appears the slots aren't there, beats me... lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Hmhm, wonder if all these promo shots were taken on a hastily modded Advance model then. :huh:

Either way, I got extras of this one specifically so I have a spare to mod the heck out of.  I can't tell for sure if they ditched the derpy extra neck shield attached to the arm shield, but I want that useless hunk of plastic gone.  There's no reason for it.  For all the amazing ingenuity Bandai put into this design, it's like their engineers alternated wearing their pants on their legs and head as they made design decisions.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Hmhm, wonder if all these promo shots were taken on a hastily modded Advance model then. :huh:

Either way, I got extras of this one specifically so I have a spare to mod the heck out of.  I can't tell for sure if they ditched the derpy extra neck shield attached to the arm shield, but I want that useless hunk of plastic gone.  There's no reason for it.  For all the amazing ingenuity Bandai put into this design, it's like their engineers alternated wearing their pants on their legs and head as they made design decisions.

Sad to say, the neck cover is still integrated on the shield. It's peeking on all the promo shot they have esp in Battroid mode. The shield still has that rail where the neck cover slides.

i'm kinda disappointed this doesn't come with batteries for the fold booster. after all the money i paid, i expect better. Bandai just robbing us. i'm also disappointed in the type of plastic used is subject to inflation. back in 1960 this would've been 15 dollars. Why does bandai do that? Why can't they use plastic that doesn't inflate? i'm also unhappy with the tampo printing. it's too much, they need to have less printing like arcadia's. Bandai doesn't even give us a premiumless option. 

Last, i'm very unhappy they included everything in a full package, I not sure what bandai is trying to pull here by making everyone happy. They're so tricky. 

The one thing i was happy about pre-orders were 5am EST in the morning, i love having to work right after as well! 

/s

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Sorry Shizuka. I just need to edit it for people who's not using the default theme esp for old guys like me who has trouble looking at it in white default theme. ^_^