BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Since the DX VF-31A pre-orders were before my time, I was wondering...

How did pre-order day for the DX VF-19 compare?  Easier? Sell out faster?  Curious as to people's impressions who experienced both events.

That was several years ago so it'll be hazy for most of us, as it would have been in the wee hours of the morning. 

However it did come back in stock a bunch of times so getting one wasn't that hard. 

The 31A was a TWE so there was no late night PO madness. 

The worst preorders were the Frontier renewals. You know how HS sells out in the blink of an eye? Every shop was like that back then. 

Edited by Lolicon

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Since the DX VF-31A pre-orders were before my time, I was wondering...

How did pre-order day for the DX VF-19 compare?  Easier? Sell out faster?  Curious as to people's impressions who experienced both events.

yeah I would be curious to know how today compares with previous DX preorders, so I can be better prepared for the next round, whenever that may be.

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

just hope its not a photoshop of the ventral fins...There was a mini bruhaha over the 19 advanced due to photoshop of wing tabs, so the actual product differed from promo.

So i wonder which versions we are getting! :p

I think it would be strange for them to correct it in the promo shots and not correct it in the retail version; however, history does have a habit of repeating itself...<_<

Crossing my fingers that we all luck out this time around. :) 

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

yeah I would be curious to know how today compares with previous DX preorders, so I can be better prepared for the next round, whenever that may be.

Frankly i think its got to do with the valk on pre-order itself. Mirage's 31 was a breeze, but other 31 valks weren't.

1 minute ago, technoblue said:

I think it would be strange for them to correct it in the promo shots and not correct it in the retail version; however, history does have a habit of repeating itself...<_<

Crossing my fingers that we all luck out this time around. :) 

Makes you wonder why that special page didnt come out earlier hmm....ah its just conspiracy theories! We will see once it gets out i suppose.

Still am holding on to the order...there are more than enough accessories in this set to warrant it.

Just now, seti88 said:

Frankly i think its got to do with the valk on pre-order itself. Mirage's 31 was a breeze, but other 31 valks weren't.

Makes you wonder why that special page didnt come out earlier hmm....ah its just conspiracy theories! We will see once it gets out i suppose.

Still am holding on to the order...there are more than enough accessories in this set to warrant it.

seti, they'll most likely have the correct colors for the release. the link treatment posted most likely will be the final colors.

i just hope the spelling will be fixed. 

Just now, seti88 said:

how's the wallet? No impact yet until the actual release dates? 

Mine took a bruising this time.

i only went for 2 this time around as it's a repaint of something i had 6 copies of back in the days. but yeah it'll hit me pretty bad once i have to pay combined with Strike. 

yeah man those wallet pics you and Noel put up tell all:D 

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

seti, they'll most likely have the correct colors for the release. the link treatment posted most likely will be the final colors.

i just hope the spelling will be fixed. 

I  wish Bandai includes an extra GU-15 in anime-correct colors in the official release...

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Is Mirage's 31 not popular because of the colour scheme, or is it something else?  (I did not watch delta).

3 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

omg this is not right :s

Capture.PNG

wow. I presume you tried to order on HLJ multiple times (like many of us) and got the wave of order confirmations just now?

Hopefully you can cancel the repeated orders and leave just one on the account to guarantee delivery.

Edited by rdrunner

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i only went for 2 this time around as it's a repaint of something i had 6 copies of back in the days. but yeah it'll hit me pretty bad once i have to pay combined with Strike. 

yeah man those wallet pics you and Noel put up tell all:D 

Congrats you managed to juggle and get both pre-orders! :lol:

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Is Mirage's 31 not popular because of the colour scheme, or is it something else?  (I did not watch delta).

Maybe Hayate's sold out quicker, but I think all VF-31 Siegfrieds were relatively easy to pre-order back in the day, and not just Mirage's.

Heck! Messer's and Arad's lingered for awhile at ami, cdj, and hlj, in contrast to Mirage's and Hayate's.

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

wow. I presume you tried to order on HLJ multiple times (like many of us) and got the wave of order confirmations just now?

Hopefully you can cancel the repeated orders and leave just one on the account to guarantee delivery.

Yes that's what actually happened , a few moments ago I went to my HLJ account and a total of 14 orders were displaying a almost all Aile Strike and YF 19, I end up canceling all and just left with only 1 Aile strike , the YF 19 I manage to get it from AmiAmi.  So not sure for everyone but if I just canceled several ones maybe the Aile Strike and YF 19 will be re-available so the ones who didn't get any have an opportunity,  not sure.

44 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Things that make you go, "Hm..." ;)

I'm okay with it either way, personally, but I do appreciate the fact that Bandai is trying to get the colours right.

37 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I recall that others who watched the show felt let down by Mirage, and the role she played in the story. She isn't a typical Jenius archetype, so that might have played into it as well. I liked her character, but my opinion of Macross Delta isn't a popular one.

Edited by technoblue

Lucked out and got one through Nippon Yassan. It was insane; I was refreshing at -just- the right time to see them creating the product page; a placeholder page with an error message if you clicked on it. Eventually managed to load it, PO it, get it through the cart process [which took ages due to slow loading] and get the confirmation and see it on my orders.

Can now sigh happily. Happy hunting to the rest of you. If you didn't get it, that should be OK. The rest of the recent DX valks [with the exception of the 31A] are still easy to find for regular-ish prices after they've been out for months.

16 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Things that make you go, "Hm..." ;)

I'm okay with it either way, personally, but I do appreciate the fact that Bandai is trying to get the colours right.

I recall that others who watched the show felt let down by Mirage, and the role she played in the story. She isn't a typical Jenius archetype, so that might have played into it as well. I liked her character, but my opinion of Macross Delta isn't a popular one.

Thanks, that was interesting to know. A Jenius with limited role in the story is quite disappointing. 

I had some hopes for Delta before I started watching, but I was done when I saw the walkures jump out singing in the middle of the battle LOL.  Couldn't even finish watching the first episode. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Knightdramon said:

Lucked out and got one through Nippon Yassan. It was insane; I was refreshing at -just- the right time to see them creating the product page; a placeholder page with an error message if you clicked on it. Eventually managed to load it, PO it, get it through the cart process [which took ages due to slow loading] and get the confirmation and see it on my orders.

Can now sigh happily. Happy hunting to the rest of you. If you didn't get it, that should be OK. The rest of the recent DX valks [with the exception of the 31A] are still easy to find for regular-ish prices after they've been out for months.

It was a fun party for those us who stayed up for what we initially thought was the 3am (4pm JPT) opening. I think that most of us who wanted one did manage to get one or more in the end from multiple vendors. Glad to hear you got yours from NY at a great price as well.

19 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I wish I was able to get mine at N-Y. Not looking forward to paying lots of customs fees for the orders I placed at HLJ and Amiami :(

archie,

CDjapan had a option to declare as gift that was new to the order checkout process. were you able to see the pre-order opening? they were open for a while i believe. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

omg this is not right :s

Capture.PNG

Cancel the extra orders and send them an email apologizing and telling them that you have cancelled the extra orders. They will lock your account for going over the limit. I had to do that recently with FIguarts Majin Buu and they didnt lock my account. 

12 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

archie,

CDjapan had a option to declare as gift that was new to the order checkout process. were you able to see the pre-order opening? they were open for a while i believe. 

Do they allow changing declare value? Sending something as gift no longer works.

26 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Cancel the extra orders and send them an email apologizing and telling them that you have cancelled the extra orders. They will lock your account for going over the limit. I had to do that recently with FIguarts Majin Buu and they didnt lock my account. 

Thank you so much Anubis for the heads up, I just send an email to HLJ explaining what happened right after I read your reply, let's see what happens I hope my account won't get locked and my preorder of the Aile Strike remains there, I manage to get a PO YF 19 from AmiAmi that's why I also canceled the ones from HLJ . Let see how it goes :unsure:

Looks like chyll2 already clarified it.

But yeah, unfortunately marking it as a gift doesn’t allow us to bypass customs fees in our country. We are only exempt if the item value falls below 10,000 php (including shipping). I believe that’s equivalent to 21,000 jpy or 193 usd.

That’s why I prefer N-Y because they always underdeclare the value of the items.

6 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I've got two pre ordered today but i really need two more... When or will the pre orders be back in stock?? I could of got one from NY, was worried that it would be a similar situation to the kairos though. 

I ended up with two because I wasn’t sure if the HLJ one came through.  You can have my second from CDJ though.

6 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I've got two pre ordered today but i really need two more... When or will the pre orders be back in stock?? I could of got one from NY, was worried that it would be a similar situation to the kairos though. 

I think that with all the cancellations of duplicate orders from HLJ, you might expect to see an opening over the next few days. Mykombini hasn’t started their PO yet so you should also check regularly with them just in case. NY is also known to open second round preorders in the past I believe.