BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

47 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Am I the only one irritated that Bandai decided to continue their overzealous tampo splattering across every surface of the plane, despite there being no actual precedent for the markings they've added?  <_<  I know people like more tampo, but this just makes me think I'm going to spend a ton of time stripping the excess markings off, and touching up whatever paint I foul up I the process.  The markings on the upper wings are just excessive, and ugly to me, since they break up the nice black stripes.  They should have just stuck to Hasegawa as a reference.

I dunno.  I want at least a pair for the missiles, cannons, and boosters, but they clearly didn't bother actually addressing a bunch of the differences between the Advance and YF-19.  Connection between the head and shield is still borked up, though at least it looks like they ditched the extra neck cover attached to the arm shield this time.  Didn't bother to reverse the red and black markings on the lower fins, and maybe the chest.  And yeah.. those heel blocks really don't look attractive at all, even if they're meant to more accurately resemble the YF-19.

Yeah.  Somebody at Bandai really luvs (over) tampo stuff on it.

Fwiw, I'd like Bandai to include clean wings as part of the extras, ala HMR extras.

$300 for a great toy that will end up with loose hips that ruin the toy 2-4 years later or sooner based on transformation rate.  I really wish Bandai would make the VF-31 hips standard across all of their 1/60 DX line.  It is the single reason I will pass on what could be a great toy.

Outside of the VF-31, the Bandai DX Macross line is like a shooting a star....looks great for a moment in time....then it falls apart.

I love this line of Bandai which is why I have such a strong opinion on the hips and durability as a whole with paint chipping and joints.  

And....yes, I will likely still buy one.

Edited by Ridden001

Just now, F360 said:

Just a heads up , IIRC, Cdjapan limited to 1 per customer last time for the vf-19 adv.

That’s odd; one person here bought 3 x vf-31a from cdj. I wonder if they will still impose a limit. 

I think I would like to get 1 from CDJ and 1 from NY anyway. I don’t think I’ll get more than a couple like the rest of you ballers ;)

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s odd; one person here bought 3 x vf-31a from cdj. I wonder if they will still impose a limit. 

I think I would like to get 1 from CDJ and 1 from NY anyway. I don’t think I’ll get more than a couple like the rest of you ballers ;)

Yeah , they didnt put any limits on the 31.   I remember the limited for the 19 because i try to get a 2nd one but they wont allow me.  Had to call my friend while driving to get it for me , lol .

7 hours ago, chyll2 said:

My concern is actually the lack of promo picture of the missiles.

This

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Am taking the wording of a full set DX release as to be including the loadouts. 

Hopefully

17 minutes ago, seti88 said:

wallet taking a beating....

yf19_wallet_2.gif.7d8bbc5437c56d638dc332dfcac1fb1c.gif

LOL!

Back to the payload, since this is coming with the arm canon, might be less of an issue to me since I can display DX in Battroid mode with Arm Cannon, Arcadia in Fighter mode with weapons. Win-Win.

30 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Maybe because the 31a was a TWE where the VF-19adv was a regular release. Seeing as the YF-19 will be a regular release probably expect a limit of 1 again?

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Back to the payload, since this is coming with the arm canon, might be less of an issue to me since I can display DX in Battroid mode with Arm Cannon, Arcadia in Fighter mode with weapons. Win-Win.

Dibs on your 'not-going-to-use' DX Fold Booster.

33 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hahaha! I'll try to tape it onto the Arcadia:lol:

Shouldn't be too hard to make DX->Arcadia stand adapters, or vise-versa if people want a light-up fold dildo on their DX.

I suppose it would be DX-> Yamato, DX->Arcadia, and Yamato->DX

I'll probably work some up, since I've got 2 Yamato fold-boosters, and an Arcadia -19 and Yamato -21.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Didn't stop them from releasing the VF-19 as the YF-19 ;)

Well, that's different because majority of VF-19 is almost the same as YF-19 except from minor stuff. The Fold Booster on the other hand, you really can tell that they're not the same design. And this is based from what you've posted -- 'reuse'.

You can reuse mold from VF-19 Advance to YF-19. However, you can't reuse the mold from YF-19's Fold Booster to VF-31's because they're not the same. Do we still need a comparison pic? :p

Edited by no3Ljm

I was pretty sure they were almost the same fold booster (at first sight). 

If the difference is minor, I wouldn’t mind Bandai to reuse it for the 31A under the anime magic argument. I mean sometime, the VF toys are really inaccurate and far from what we see on screen.

8 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

d89e8cb1cb13495469da733d5a4e9258d0094a60.jpg.140bdc9b23d3bd0328c4cb392ce9caaf.jpg

Someone on a chinese forum translated that part as "including missiles and arm cannon that shows up in the show".

So missiles confirmed?

Third line from the bottom, right 5 characters (inbetween the commas), translate as "various missiles".

3 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

the Bandai DX Macross line is like a shooting a star....looks great for a moment in time....then it falls apart.

Totally agree with this. Not just Bandai though, today, a lot of collectors just get their fix from waiting on new releases. Once it's out : "O.k, yes, it's great, but when is the next one coming out?". This hobby has really changed a lot, sure, we now have tons of same scale VF's (unlike the time when the 1/55 Chunky HCM, and resin kits ruled ...), but feels we lost something along the way with the constant releases, re-releases, re-re-releases. (Not to mention this preordering BS we have to deal with getting worse and worse.)

Speak for yourself, I started collecting less than 2 years ago, and all this stuff is awesome.

Plus, I don't really play with my figures, or transform them back and forth much, so they don't degrade as quickly. The VF-27 with it's huge gun has serious sag issues though, needs some fishing line.

15 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Totally agree with this. Not just Bandai though, today, a lot of collectors just get their fix from waiting on new releases. Once it's out : "O.k, yes, it's great, but when is the next one coming out?". This hobby has really changed a lot, sure, we now have tons of same scale VF's (unlike the time when the 1/55 Chunky HCM, and resin kits ruled ...), but feels we lost something along the way with the constant releases, re-releases, re-re-releases. (Not to mention this preordering BS we have to deal with getting worse and worse.)

In a similar boat as Sanity.  I started (modern) collecting late 2016; this is my first (maybe last?) yf-19.  I even specifically held off on buying a vf-19 advanced or Arcadia yf-19 after this was teased, so I'm pumped my patience has paid off.

I do get what you mean with the constant reissues of things, as I can see when researching things that truly new designs are rare (basically when a new franchise is released), but there are lots of people that missed the early versions of this stuff that are grateful we can buy it at somewhat sane prices (compared to the some of the secondary market prices on these releases).  Anything extra like more missiles than before, an arm cannon, tweaks to the molds, are all bonuses.  But I can definitely see myself moving on to a different hobby once my collection is fairly representative of what I like in Macross (at least until a new series is made).

There is definitely something to be said for taking the time to enjoy what you have.

Edited by HardlyNever

3 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I was pretty sure they were almost the same fold booster (at first sight). 

If the difference is minor, I wouldn’t mind Bandai to reuse it for the 31A under the anime magic argument. I mean sometime, the VF toys are really inaccurate and far from what we see on screen.

Hey Xigfrid. Yeah, sad to say they share the same shape somehow but different overall design.

From Macross Mecha Manual:

YF-19 Fold Booster
foldbooster.gif

VF-25 Messiah's Fold Booster as used by VF-31 Kairos.
vf-25f-super-fold-booster.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

I can repaint the wing-stripes black if need be, but if they don’t correct the chest and ventral fin colors (they’re backwards) I think it’ll be a deal-killer—-I’m not going to try to match the red and  repaint the whole thing just to make it “match how it’s always looked”.   They’re a half-step away from a fan-scheme as it is.  

4 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I can repaint the wing-stripes black if need be, but if they don’t correct the chest and ventral fin colors (they’re backwards) I think it’ll be a deal-killer—-I’m not going to try to match the red and  repaint the whole thing just to make it “match how it’s always looked”.   They’re a half-step away from a fan-scheme as it is.  

I haven't noticed the ventral fin until you mentioned it. And the tampos on the wing. Wow. I'm assuming the wing tabs will still be there. <_<

Guess @Zx31 is right. They can just reuse the Fold Booster and have it repainted it for Kairos. ^_^