BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

5 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Heh. I think the arrow is just pointing to the wrong thing at "Air intake."

Actually from everything I've found out, those slits on top of the main air intake, are supposed to be a ram air intake for the purposes of creating high speed air for use in a boundary layer control system. Using high speed ducted air to keep air flowing over the wings at high angles of attack. The slits on the pauldrons serve the same function, in creating boundary layer control over the fuselage, since in the 19 design the fuselage is as much a lifting surface as the wings. 

Unless of course you're referring to the picture of gerwalk mode, in which case they clearly labelled the foot as an intake, which is of course wrong. 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Keep in mind this is Bandai we're talking about.  The ones who seem willfully ignorant on most things aircraft related, or just flat out don't care if something is accurate or not. :p

Comnent of the month!

7 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

looks like a repaint with minor alterations. i hope i'm wrong but too close to the advance at this point so not really that interested. 

Yeah if it's just a repaint with no molding changes I could easily pass , despite all the weapons

I'm honestly just amused at the fact that they felt the need to label the things they did, and still got so many of them wrong.

Like, I'm not sure if it's a language thing, or just flat refusal to look up a word on google to see what it means.

Good thing Bandai doesn't make transformers, or we'd probably get this. :lol:

5a271982c082a_cardiagram.jpg.bc1609ce84e7cc2d7c8b0e7b7396e550.jpg

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm honestly just amused at the fact that they felt the need to label the things they did, and still got so many of them wrong.

Like, I'm not sure if it's a language thing, or just flat refusal to look up a word on google to see what it means.

Good thing Bandai doesn't make transformers, or we'd probably get this. :lol:

5a271982c082a_cardiagram.jpg.bc1609ce84e7cc2d7c8b0e7b7396e550.jpg

LOL!!! I was having a so so morning but this cheered me up considerably! But yeah its true, their labels are hilarious and completely unnecessary. 

Love your example! :rofl:  

3 hours ago, jenius said:

They redid the nose on the 171 nightmare plus. This might be more invasive but I'm hopeful.

There's no reason for a VF-19Adv_to_YF-19 swap be any more invasive than the VF-171-_to_VF-171EX changes were.  In actuality, only the forward fuselage parts need new tools with the proper canopy opening design engineered into the new parts.  All the shapes remain the same so their engineering department can re-purpose the CAD files before sending the data to the tooling guys.

One thing is for certain, if Bandai cheaps out and just goes with a paint applications change and decide to call it a day, regardless of all the accessories included, what will the be their almost-but-not-quite YF-19 will be an easy pass.

I might be in the minority, but I actually don't even care if they fix the canopy or not.  The two piece canopy is more of a boondoggle to the design than anything else, since the actual physical mechanism in the animation is probably impossible.

I'm more concerned with fixing the things they goofed up on the Advance to begin with, like the neck paint, sloppy wing mechanism, and that one bulging neck panel underneath.  And even if they don't fix those, I'm going to enjoy loading up my VF-31s with rocket pods and stuff. :) 

I mean... that WAS just a prototype, people. The first prototype of the VF-31A had incorrect nose cone sensors and fold carbon chest... flap... things...basically just being a lightly modified VF-31J, and they ended up correcting those things, so y'know, maybe relax a little. :D

Edited by kajnrig

Just now, kajnrig said:

I mean... that WAS just a prototype, people. The first prototype of the VF-31A had incorrect nose cone sensors and fold carbon chest... flap... things... and they ended up correcting those things, so y'know, maybe relax a little. :D

We won't forget the wrong decal orientation on the Messer VF-31 though. Which arguably was an even easier fix.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I mean... that WAS just a prototype, people. The first prototype of the VF-31A had incorrect nose cone sensors and fold carbon chest... flap... things...basically just being a lightly modified VF-31J, and they ended up correcting those things, so y'know, maybe relax a little. :D

20kmed.jpg

You're all worried about aesthetic changes, but if the VF-19 advanced's hips are cracking, the YF-19 is going to be need some better materials and tolerances for me to buy this again. I checked my VF-19 advanced over the weekend and I might have a small crack on the left hip. :angry:

Since the Yamato 1/72, I have every generation of the YF-19 + the Bandai Vf-19 Advance, so I have pretty enough 19s in this scheme, so I am hoping for same real world/low-vis scheme, but I don't remember Bandai ever selling their DX Valk that is not featured in show or game, I think the chance for a Low-Vis version seems low.... :unsure:

16 minutes ago, Swoosh said:

Since the Yamato 1/72, I have every generation of the YF-19 + the Bandai Vf-19 Advance, so I have pretty enough 19s in this scheme, so I am hoping for same real world/low-vis scheme, but I don't remember Bandai ever selling their DX Valk that is not featured in show or game, I think the chance for a Low-Vis version seems low.... :unsure:

We could hope for an anniversary paint-scheme that's low-vis?

42 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

We could hope for an anniversary paint-scheme that's low-vis?

Those 35th Anniversary paint scheme is too far from being a low-vis... 

I am also a train guy, that scheme also looks too much like a Shinkansen E7 to me :p:

TOY-RBT-4398_02-500x500_0.jpg

1024px-W7_series_set_W3_20150207.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

4 hours ago, Swoosh said:

Those 35th Anniversary paint scheme is too far from being a low-vis... 

I am also a train guy, that scheme also looks too much like a Shinkansen E7 to me :p:

TOY-RBT-4398_02-500x500_0.jpg

1024px-W7_series_set_W3_20150207.jpg

Tenjin-san's running out of ideas now? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I have an idea, anybody who wants the YF-19 but doesn't care about the extra ordinance.  I'm willing to pay the difference for all of your extra missiles.

You do realize that a majority of us are going to get this for the ordinance rght? :lol: That’s enough loadout for the other DX valks.

28 minutes ago, brouken said:

You do realize that a majority of us are going to get this for the ordinance rght? :lol: That’s enough loadout for the other DX valks.

I saw some people say they didn't want the ordinance.  I'm just getting in on the ground floor.

I mean, it's not a bad idea.  If I weren't a compulsive buyer of every version of the YF-19 in existence, I'd probably happily shell out $20-$30 just for a pack with the ordnance and fold booster.  As it is, I'm going to aim for at least two of these, and spread the missiles out amongst my 31s.

Also, you just know that with a new influx of fold boosters, one of the crafty folks here is going to make adapters to mount it on every valk in existence. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, you just know that with a new influx of fold boosters, one of the crafty folks here is going to make adapters to mount it on every valk in existence. :lol: 

Probably would be fairly easy to do, if people are interested, and it mounts to a valkyrie I have (and can measure the attachment points for).

25 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Hasn't the fold booster changed significantly from M+ to Frontier, ie the series with the most DXes? I remember the... VF-25G? used one to fold to Galia IV to save the day, and it looked way different from the M+ booster.

42 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Hasn't the fold booster changed significantly from M+ to Frontier, ie the series with the most DXes? I remember the... VF-25G? used one to fold to Galia IV to save the day, and it looked way different from the M+ booster.

Yeah. But who cares if it's non-canon. I don't think Bandai will make one for the Frontier. Just paint it like this, and it's good to go. ^_^

vf-25f-super-fold-fighter.jpg

Pic courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

42 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

They can still be modified to work with the 11, 17, VF-19's and 21/22.  It's close enough for Frontier as well.

Well in the podcast they've speculated the missiles/booster will be sold separately.  If that's the case I'm buying four or five.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. But who cares if it's non-canon. I don't think Bandai will make one for the Frontier. Just paint it like this, and it's good to go. ^_^

vf-25f-super-fold-fighter.jpg

Pic courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

Now you've given me an idea. Start with dimensions from the YF-19 version, and make a 3D printed version to match the Frontier one.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

There's an idea... foldildos for all the DX ladies...:ph34r::lol: