BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

I would love to get one of these, but the Bandai pre-order madness is just insane. It is so hard to get their products...even at the high prices. I don’t understand it, especially since they are a large company but when it comes to the much smaller Arcadia you still have at least a few day window to get an order in. Bandai it seems to be “blink and you miss it” made even worse if you are in the EST. :( This was one of the main reasons I stopped collecting for a long while, it just became too frustrating. F’ing scalpers.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'd honestly rather have a missile-less version, and save money.  (Because it never had any of those under the wings on screen nor in Kawamori's sketches).  "One book cover" is only a half-step away from fanon IMHO.   

Sigh, Bandai---reluctant to give us the VF-25/171/31 missiles that were used on-screen numerous times, but floods us with -19 missiles we never saw...

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought the Arcadia only came with the toy and its Super parts. I don't pay enough attention to toy releases.

Arcadia-YF-19-5.jpg

Quite the nice set honestly, from Arcadia. All it was missing was the fold booster.

The extra 2 missiles you see under the DX (innermost next to the gun) go inside the legs.

[edit] Image courtesy of @jenius

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Sigh, Bandai---reluctant to give us the VF-25/171/31 missiles that were used on-screen numerous times, but floods us with -19 missiles we never saw...

Did they actually show any 25 or 31 missiles used on screen though?  I thought all the underwing stores were only in the Master File, and maybe the video games.

The only missiles the 171 hasn't gotten were the big orange mind-control probes from the second movie.

I wouldn't mind a cheaper YF-19 with no missiles as long as they released them separately, but honestly, I'm just glad we're getting any weaponry that I can mount on all my Bandai valks with hardpoints.  Every new release with hardpoints and nothing to mount on them has been another middle finger from Bandai.

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

If Bandai adds the ratcheting hips from the VF-31 that would one-up the Arcadia. Those new VF-31 hips are so nice. 

Oh God yes. Furthermore, adding an extra swivel at the knee, and a rotation mid bicep would be welcome too. I'd also like to see Die cast at the intakes as well, considering that I've seen cracking on my Advance around the intake. Also a simpler sliding mechanism for the intake roots would be nice, so they don't lose alignment. 

12 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Oh God yes. Furthermore, adding an extra swivel at the knee, and a rotation mid bicep would be welcome too. I'd also like to see Die cast at the intakes as well, considering that I've seen cracking on my Advance around the intake. Also a simpler sliding mechanism for the intake roots would be nice, so they don't lose alignment. 

Cracking where???

Not wait get improvements it will be exactly the same only change the tampo (UN Spacy instead SMS)

Even doubt that change the opening canopy because that would imply a new mold and dont believe bandai want invest

I hope be wrong

Edited by valhary

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Cracking where???

5a232ff62bc9a_2016-04-0618_27_32.thumb.jpg.b8988eb928be302b49876658a80c6a30.jpg

You can barely see it, but there is some minor cracking along the leading edge of the outbaord section of the intake shroud. It happened when I tried to move the hip, and apparently I didn't support it well enough (when the toy was more or less brand new, A bit of superglue, a bit of loosening in the joint, and tender handling have prevented further damage). 

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

5a232ff62bc9a_2016-04-0618_27_32.thumb.jpg.b8988eb928be302b49876658a80c6a30.jpg

You can barely see it, but there is some minor cracking along the leading edge of the outbaord section of the intake shroud. It happened when I tried to move the hip, and apparently I didn't support it well enough (when the toy was more or less brand new, A bit of superglue, a bit of loosening in the joint, and tender handling have prevented further damage). 

There's also a second crack behind the wing mount.. Bandai really kinda muffed up the tolerancing and material properties work on here.  Arcadia made that section out of metal. <_< 

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Is everyone forgetting the main thing to fix is that giant non-anime gap that's formed when you have the leg packs attached?

I remember mentioning that a few posts ago. 

Edited by no3Ljm

I doubt Bandai will go all out and give us an all new mold. At best we'll get a few tweaks a la the "renewal" VF-27. No coincidence that it was the weakest of the renewal line. 

I'll get one just for completionist's sake. 

Now a YF-21 sounds more interesting because Bandai has no prior mold to repaint. :p