BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Received an HLJ email as well. The code is nice, though. 

What do we think about HLJ changing the ordering process for these limited items? They say they want to make it more equitable - how, I wonder? Lottery system?

last week i got the email about the metal build strike and went ahead and cancelled it manually myself, then i got HLJ's email this morning with the discount code and my yf-19 order is still there, so i guess i got 10% just for ordering the strike and then cancelling it 2 days later.  

7 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Well no Aile Strike for me now my order got cancelled from HLJ, well at least I got my PO of the YF 19 from AmiAmi main reason I stay up all night .

I can definitely see the merit in pre-ordering from at least 2 different providers, as a measure of fail-over and redundancy.

Sorry to hear about the HLJ cancellations, but HLJ handled it pretty well from the beginning (email to warn about possible cancellations within a day, to let people hunt down backups while they still can), and was fully apologetic and gave a goodwill 10% discount to those affected, even though no payments have been made upfront.

A great example for N-Y but I doubt they care.

20 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I can definitely see the merit in pre-ordering from at least 2 different providers, as a measure of fail-over and redundancy.

It’s an extra step that I wish I didn’t have to go through. I have 4 copies preordered but I only want 2. 

I’m keeping the orders because I fear another VF-31A situation :wacko:

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It’s an extra step that I wish I didn’t have to go through. I have 4 copies preordered but I only want 2. 

I’m keeping the orders because I fear another VF-31A situation :wacko:

Yeah, I am in the same boat.

I think I only need 1 YF-19, but ordered 2 as a precaution.... plus I was afraid of the whole VF-31A inflation situation occurring later on.

Well, I suppose I will have something to trade with down the road.

24 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yeah, I am in the same boat.

I think I only need 1 YF-19, but ordered 2 as a precaution.... plus I was afraid of the whole VF-31A inflation situation occurring later on.

Well, I suppose I will have something to trade with down the road.

Same here.  I wanted only 1 but having seen the Vf-31A debacle and the subsequent price inflations, I knew I had to place at least two orders from separate stores who have a proven track record of delivering the preorders.  Mine were with CDJ and HLJ.  Think I will continue to use them again in the future, and also try amiami as well if I can get an order in on time.

sorry for being off topic but I found a link for the MB Aile Strike and is US based, I heard good things about this website when preordering, they say if you PO before the closing date is pretty much guaranteed you will get figure. I just ordered one after my cancellation at HLJ :(,  lets see what happens: 

here is the link:

https://www.eknightmedia.com/ms-gundam-seed-aile-strike-gundam-metal-build-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

Is kinda weird they have the Closing date all the way to May 16 since this is such a hard to get figure , I wonder how they are getting it :wacko:

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

sorry for being off topic but I found a link for the MB Aile Strike and is US based, I heard good things about this website when preordering, they say if you PO before the closing date is pretty much guaranteed you will get figure. I just ordered one after my cancellation at HLJ :(,  lets see what happens: 

here is the link:

https://www.eknightmedia.com/ms-gundam-seed-aile-strike-gundam-metal-build-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

Is kinda weird they have the Closing date all the way to May 16 since this is such a hard to get figure , I wonder how they are getting it :wacko:

If it's US-based, then they're probably get their stocks from US distribution company BlueFin. And for sure, they've been alotted certain numbers of it.

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If it's US-based, then they're probably get their stocks from US distribution company BlueFin. And for sure, they've been alotted certain numbers of it.

So you are saying I'm definitely getting the MB Aile Strike Noel ? :D , I hope the Metal Build gods hear you ! :p

35 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

So you are saying I'm definitely getting the MB Aile Strike Noel ? :D , I hope the Metal Build gods hear you ! :p

Well, as long that you're part of that 'number' allocation. You should be fine. ;) 

Let's hope Haumea will hear your prayers. :p

Got 2 from hlj , but cancelled 1 after getting confirmation emails.

The 1 left was cancelled by them.

Good thing I had another from amiami.

Hlj was a backup order anyways. Still these guys need to get things right. 

What a circus and drama everytime!

Edited by kyekye

Hi guys! New to the board! Came from RJ Boards!

Always admired Macross figures and been a big fan of the series but never had an actual Macross toy (I only had a very small plastic one when I was a kid)

Seen my uncle's collection of jets and always admired jet fighters ever since!

I'm looking forward to this release and looks like this would be my first DX Macross chogokin figure! I mainly collect MBs and SoCs :)

2 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Hi guys! New to the board! Came from RJ Boards!

Always admired Macross figures and been a big fan of the series but never had an actual Macross toy (I only had a very small plastic one when I was a kid)

Seen my uncle's collection of jets and always admired jet fighters ever since!

I'm looking forward to this release and looks like this would be my first DX Macross chogokin figure! I mainly collect MBs and SoCs :)

Welcome! It sounds like you got a solid order in for the YF-19? Congrats! That night was painful for me...stayed up to 4 am, trying to get the DX, MB and SOC releases at the same time!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome! It sounds like you got a solid order in for the YF-19? Congrats! That night was painful for me...stayed up to 4 am, trying to get the DX, MB and SOC releases at the same time!

Thank you! I only got the PO secured yesterday from mykombini! Thanks F360! Also recommended that if you want your first DX figure - go with this one.

During the PO night I was focus on the MB Aile but seeing this I was like man, that looks cool, only knew Macross plus from playing SRW!

Sites going down, sluggish - man, you got 3x monters for PO that night! This, MB Strike and God Sigma (god sigma, not so bad to grab) I managed to grabbed MB Aile from HLJ, no cancellation email so I guess my order is safe?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward on owning more Macross figures! I'm keeping an eye on the DX chogokin VF-1J  since I grew up watching that series. I guess its just a matter of time when they formally announce it as part of the Valk project.

2 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Thank you! I only got the PO secured yesterday from mykombini! Thanks F360! Also recommended that if you want your first DX figure - go with this one.

During the PO night I was focus on the MB Aile but seeing this I was like man, that looks cool, only knew Macross plus from playing SRW!

Sites going down, sluggish - man, you got 3x monters for PO that night! This, MB Strike and God Sigma (god sigma, not so bad to grab) I managed to grabbed MB Aile from HLJ, no cancellation email so I guess my order is safe?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward on owning more Macross figures! I'm keeping an eye on the DX chogokin VF-1J  since I grew up watching that series. I guess its just a matter of time when they formally announce it as part of the Valk project.

Yeah, I missed the original release of God Sigma and have been waiting for it to be reissued for a while. The wait paid off!

If you didn't get notice from HLJ, your order should be safe. DX VF-1 is definitely something I think most of us are looking forward to seeing. I think you should definitely take a look at some of the Arcadia releases too. Specifically the VF-1s and the VF-0S. Anyways, congrats on your first DX! This will be my first DX 19 since I missed the VF-19 but I have an Arcadia YF-19 already too. The current DX VF-31s are also very popular and many consider them to be the best DX figures so far.

Middle of the night calls, minutes to seconds long order window, crashing websites, scalper pricing, items never ship even if ordered, oftentimes less than accommodating customer service.....On and on

Come to think of all the things we have to put up with...<_<:huh:

11 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Had the cancel/coupon email from HLJ this morning.  My YF-19 order has been removed.

Now my hopes ride with my AmiAmi order.

I prefer 100% AmiAmi all the way! pretty much you have your figure 100% guaranteed if you have your order with them , super fast shipping and the packages are very well protected, they process the order pretty damn fast too, I  haven't had any issue with a single order so far and I have been buying some expensive stuff from them lately, last thing I order expecting to arrive next week is a Metal Build Leviathan.

for me AmiAmi is my number 1 store to buy my figures at  the moment, sorry if I'm praising them too much but they definitely deserve it  ;)

22 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I prefer 100% AmiAmi all the way! pretty much you have your figure 100% guaranteed if you have your order with them , super fast shipping and the packages are very well protected, they process the order pretty damn fast too, I  haven't had any issue with a single order so far and I have been buying some expensive stuff from them lately, last thing I order expecting to arrive next week is a Metal Build Leviathan.

for me AmiAmi is my number 1 store to buy my figures at  the moment, sorry if I'm praising them too much but they definitely deserve it  ;)

Not to rain down on your parade. But if you haven't encounter any problems with them yet, then you're one lucky guy. ;)

I agree with all the things you said. I've been using AmiAmi too ever since. But I had a run-in with their customer service and it's not as perfect as HLJ. But it's definitely better than NY's. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not to rain down on your parade. But if you haven't encounter any problems with them yet, then you're one lucky guy. ;)

I agree with all the things you said. I've been using AmiAmi too ever since. But I had a run-in with their customer service and it's not as perfect as HLJ. But it's definitely better than NY's. :rolleyes:

Definitely true no web store is perfect still hope I never encountered  any issue with them in the near future :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Definitely true no web store is perfect still hope I never encountered  any issue with them in the near future :unsure:

Don't worry. If you do, then just charge it to experience. Free of charge. ^_^

Amiami is hit and miss for me. Long time ago I preordered the Monster Hunter 3rd Portable PSP console from them, and when it came to ship they cancelled my order because they were not allowed to ship an item with a lithium ion battery due to postal rules - the battery was declared on the shipping documents. I was given a full refund, but they were not willing to help at all to get the item to me. So disappointed. I was lucky and managed to order it from another smaller retailer for a little bit more than Amiami.

The main disappointment was that a work colleague was able to have their preorder fulfilled by Amiami for the same item, and only because they were shipping a lot of different items, so the battery was not declared on the shipping documents.

I don't think I have ordered from Amiami since, but I do browse their site all the time. Ahhh I love window shopping :p

Oh, please kami-sama, don't cancel my order with HLJ... I was sitting up with my newborn daughter and managed to get in the window at almost the minute it opened. I only want 1, and this was it.

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yea Amiami definitely improved their CS. In the beginning, when they started shipping internationally, they were amazing as in you got a defective item and they sent a new one and let you keep the old one amazing. They they turned to the dark side (guessing the previous policy was abused) and said go pound sand here is ¥200 yen for your troubles. Thats when I stopped using them but lately i had to go back to them just ever since HLJ treated me like a criminal once for a duplicate order. So far ive had two QC issues in the last two years that they have been helpful with. The latest one was with one of my Revoltech Evas that came with two right fists. It takes some time and patience but they make an effort to help you out.  

I've been ordering from AmiAmi for about 4 years now.  They are my go-to store for any kind of stuff like this. So far everything I've ordered from them has been packed well and has arrived in excellent condition.  My dealings with customer service have been limited to a question about an item and having to cancel a total of 3 items in all my time pre-ordering from them.  To that extent, customer service has been acceptable.  

My worry is that two of those three cancellations were back in Sept/Oct last year.  I was up front with them about my situation and felt it was only right for me to give them as much advance notice on the items as possible.  I got the standard "we did this as a courtesy" message, my pre-orders were cancelled, and everything seemed normal.  My outstanding pre-orders went fine.  My pre-order for the YF-19 seems to have been accepted.  Then I ordered a couple of in-stock figures a couple of days ago.

I got a message that my order was too high of value to pay with a credit card, and I had to pay with Paypal.  I haven't had to pay an AmiAmi order with Paypal since my very first order when it was explicitly "we don't trust you enough to let you pay with any other option".  In addition, I've had plenty of orders with higher totals than this one.  So, I feel I'm in the dog house.  I think I'm on the Naughty List and have to prove myself again.  It makes me worry that if they have a shortage of YF-19s, then I'm definitely not on the priority list.

On 2018-05-02 at 8:45 AM, Alex GS said:

here is the link:

Link sends me to a robot spirits figure. Can’t find the strike on the site.

9 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Yea Amiami definitely improved their CS. In the beginning, when they started shipping internationally, they were amazing as in you got a defective item and they sent a new one and let you keep the old one amazing. They they turned to the dark side (guessing the previous policy was abused) and said go pound sand here is ¥200 yen for your troubles. Thats when I stopped using them but lately i had to go back to them just ever since HLJ treated me like a criminal once for a duplicate order. So far ive had two QC issues in the last two years that they have been helpful with. The latest one was with one of my Revoltech Evas that came with two right fists. It takes some time and patience but they make an effort to help you out.  

Wow. I didn't know AmiAmi used to do that. That's nice of them before. But yeah, like I said earlier. They're better than NY's. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Link sends me to a robot spirits figure. Can’t find the strike on the site.

Yeah. It was mentioned in the Gundam Figure thread. It's either Sold Out or they just remove the item without any notifications.