BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

This would be really good news if it were true! I took a break in collecting Yamatos and Arcadias and am trying to catch up on old releases and the prices are just crazy. There is no way I can justify it. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ARCADIA/YAMATO???

P.S. Was also just check prices for the Arcadia YF-19 and guess how much they are selling for on ebay? SCARY! :unsure:

This would be really good news if it were true! I took a break in collecting Yamatos and Arcadias and am trying to catch up on old releases and the prices are just crazy. There is no way I can justify it. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ARCADIA/YAMATO???

P.S. Was also just check prices for the Arcadia YF-19 and guess how much they are selling for on ebay? SCARY! :unsure:

Forget e-Bay its scalper haven.....You probably would hv better luck on madarake or even the for sale section of the forums...

Someone needs to go James Bond/Mission Impossible on this event. I want to see close up pictures of these toys so crystal clear that I can see dust particles on them.

Where are the photographer with the zoom lenses when you need them , was there some cosplay event that was distracting them .

Or maybe it's just the honor system in effect .

whoever is going next year, remember ... stealth camera or long zoom!

Their no photography policy is most likely to encourage ppl to go to the events, instead of trawling the net for......oh......OK. Pardon me.. ^_^

whoever is going next year, remember ... stealth camera or long zoom!

Their no photography policy is most likely to encourage ppl to go to the events, instead of trawling the net for......oh......OK. Pardon me.. ^_^

This sound like a job for Quiet.

tumblr_nchjbfsY8X1t6xtc8o1_r1_500.gif

It's a possibility that some of those 'leaked' photos were taken by non-Japanese who are unable to read the notices.

Or by Japanese who forgot how to read Japanese while they were in there.

Hard to deny not seeing that big no symbol around a camera. J/k

To me personally, seeing how being courteous and respectful to other is part of the culture I doubt they would take a pic if it was requested not to.

Edited by wmkjr

This sound like a job for Quiet.

tumblr_nchjbfsY8X1t6xtc8o1_r1_500.gif

Or by Japanese who forgot how to read Japanese while they were in there.

I was trying to be discreet. :p

Hard to deny not seeing that big no symbol around a camera. J/k

To me personally, seeing how being courteous and respectful to other is part of the culture I doubt they would take a pic if it was requested not to.

If that were the case, hoarders from other Asian countries wouldn't be buying up Tamashii event exclusive merchandises like it's the zombie apocalypse. :lol:

In all fairness, the Japanese do do that themselves. YAJ is filled with them.

Edited by neoexcaliber

The VF-19Advance is close enough to the YF-19 color scheme for me that in my current cash-starved state, I can't really justify the expense of buying a YF-19 just for a red head arrow (and a couple of other minor differences).

Honestly, I'm more excited by the news that Bandai will release a VF-2SS with SAP, even if it is only 1/100.

Graham

I was at the event, and there were no photos allowed anywhere except for the super large-scale VF-31 and the life-size Freija Wion.

My impressions of just the toys stuff:

The YF-19 looks the same as the ADVANCE. Slightly different markings.

The ChogokinDX VF-19Kai seems like it is based on the ADVANCE engineering, but they have remolded every part they need to, and it looks very interesting. It has various tampo markings EVERYWHERE. It looked like a Hasegawa kit. The differences in details, such as the increased panel lines and stuff, and the different proportions make me want to get it just to compare it with the Yamato/Arcadia version.

The VF-4 is small, but nicely detailed. Proportions look fine. The little red light that's right at the back was just painted cream, the same colour as the nosecone, though.

The HMR Glaug is enormous. Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be so big. Even the Regults were bigger than I thought they look online.

VF-2SS looks much better than the Evolution toy one, but I haven't seen that one in real life, so dunno.

HMR VF-0 looks fine. It's a VF-0. :)

The SDF-1 was huge, yeah, but looked quite rough up close, it looks like a rapid 3D printout. The Yamato has more detail.

The large VF-1 with lights and stuff looked OK, but I'm not sure if it can actually transform. Plus, it's one of those things that I see and think, yeah, it's probably just going to go the way of the Vajra and the 1/48 VF-25 kit... They teased a bunch of stuff with no guarantee they'll ever make any of it, so it was nice as display but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

The best thing at the show by far was the 3D hologram concert by Sheryl and Ranka. That was pretty incredible.

Edited by Renato

You know what baffles me a bit about the Fire Valk.. I know people got after Arcadia for not having much tampo on the YF-19.. but stamping markings all over the Fire Valk seems just as wrong, if not more so. :blink:

What kinda cracks me up is that they went the lengths to actually print the red intake markings over red plastic.. or whatever it was made of. I kind of hope they don't put all those markings on the final release.. and I hope they really re-shape that leading edge, because it looks insanely huge and out of proportion with the rest of the valk.

As far as the new YF-19 goes, I'll probably grab one if I can. Should be cheaper than the Advance in any case, and it'll be nice to have one without all the SMS markings slapped everywhere. Kind of hope they keep the mounts for the boosters though, I wouldn't mind putting them on a YF-19. :)

I'd love to see Bandai's updated take on a VF-17D in 1/60 scale, but I can't see it ever happening.

Never say never, if a FB 2012 VF-4 & VF-2SS+SAP is happening then anything is possible! Granted those are 1/100. Still they're making the Fire Valk & YF-19 in basically a 1/60 scale, could happen some day. B))