BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, be patient with HLJ's ordering confirmations, they take a while to come through on Bandai release nights.

Grats to all with success, and hope anyone who's struck out so far can still get one through, even if it's around release time.

I would usually agree with you but I ordered two Transformers items from them a week ago and still never got an order confirmation. :mellow:

Just now, Scyla said:

I would usually agree with you but I ordered two Transformers items from them a week ago and still never got an order confirmation. :mellow:

just checking since I forgot how HLJ's preorders work, they don't charge you until they are ready to ship right?

Just now, rdrunner said:

just checking since I forgot how HLJ's preorders work, they don't charge you until they are ready to ship right?

Right. 

Just now, rdrunner said:

Since I used PayPal for all my PO and I haven't received a payment email from Paypal for my HLJ purchase (still no confirmation email though...) I'd say yes, they dont' charge until it's being shipped.

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

if you have a snapshot try e-mailing hlj and see what they say.

Hey David. I just placed an order of YF-19 to CDJ just in case my order at HLJ didn't push thru. Though I still need to email them to let them know. Don't want my account to get locked. I still have some other PO with them.

Regarding the MB Aile Strike, if that didn't push thru with me doing 2x orders just to safe, I'll ask a friend if he can hook me up.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, TacticalNuclearPenguin said:

Since I used PayPal for all my PO and I haven't received a payment email from Paypal for my HLJ purchase (still no confirmation email though...) I'd say yes, they dont' charge until it's being shipped.

Not necessarily.

When I place orders with AmiAmi, Mandarake, or Jungle, I usually don't get immediately charged. Rather, I get an email from them a day or 2 later, asking me to authorize the PayPal transaction.

5 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I panicked too, ordered at Nin-Nin first, then one with CDJ. How bad is it to recover the money with Nin-Nin if they don't deliver ?

I already started to file on Paypal for a billing error for the transaction with NinNin. I listed that I placed an order at the wrong site. 

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

1 minute ago, Xigfrid said:

I panicked too, ordered at Nin-Nin first, then one with CDJ. How bad is it to recover the money with Nin-Nin if they don't deliver ?

I got ordered from nin nin also, but was able to get orders from hlj and amiami.  i sent them a message to cancel my order before it's processed. we'll see what happens, but no way i'm going to leave $270 with them in store credit.  Lets all K.i.t. on how attempted cancellation/refund goes

6 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I have not bought from HLJ in the last couple years and won't be surprised if they cancel the two POs that I've placed.  They suck in this regard, with no confirmation emails or order numbers after you submit.

If you ordered two, they will definitely cancel at least one since it is limit 1. They may even freeze your account.

4 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Just tell your credit card company...done.

Last set of links from me before I go to sleep for those who didn't/won't get anything tonight and hope to get lucky in the lead-up to release. Feel free to update the list, I'll do so as well if/when I see a new page pop up.

HLJ: https://hlj.com/product/bann55061

Amiami: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038985

Hobby Search: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10534411

CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-281659

Kurama Shop*: http://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-yf-19-full-set-pack-action-figure/

Nin-Nin*: https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/26772-macross-plus-yf-19-full-set-pack-dx-chogokin--4573102550613.html

Nippon-Yasan: n/a

Big In Japan: n/a

Tokyo Otaku Mode: n/a

Anime Export: n/a

Loopaza: n/a

Mykombini: n/a

*Seems to have dubious reputation.

Edited by kajnrig

Ordered 1 from CDJ for all the reasons that have already been said.

Why would HLJ lock someone’s account over multiple orders? 

I placed 3 because it didn’t seem like it was going through. Should I be worried? 

damn, my cc was declined at CDJ.  I had to verify with cc because I made a handful of purchases.

it says not to cancel because they will try again in 1-2 business days and my order will remain open for a week.  But next week is golden week, wat do?

I'm sure everyone has different verdicts on the various PO websites, but for my future POs, I'd say:

CDJ - slow but at least gets me the order and confirms by email, site never crashed

Amiami - site crashed a few times, and I missed the short window, but I see a few others got theirs in

HLJ - quick to accept orders, but no confirmation whatsoever, very annoying

HobbySearch - forget it, the PO window must have lasted like 5 seconds

NY - completely failed with website down all the time during this critical hour.

Just now, spacemanoeuvres said:

damn, my cc was declined at CDJ.  I had to verify with cc because I made a handful of purchases.

it says not to cancel because they will try again in 1-2 business days and my order will remain open for a week.  But next week is golden week, wat do?

Use Paypal instead. That's what I did earlier when my CC got declined. Though, you will be charged ASAP.