BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

I'm in the same camp as you I too prefer Arcadia. But competition is certainly a good thing. I still want repaints of the Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 which is a beauty IMO.

And if the only way to get enemy mecha is through Bandai 1/100 Hi Metal line then so be it.

As much as I like Yamato/Arcadia hands down my favorite iteration of the 19 is Bandai's VF-19 Advanced.

So a Mac + YF-19, sign me up.

Y'all can keep the VF-19 Kai. :p

-b.

agreed! in my opinion I think that Bandai's VF-19 advanced is a much better sleeker looking valk. ( please don't punch me in the face) :unsure: cant waitto get my hands on this bad boy!

Maybe, but I'm going to say now that I don't think Bandai's battroids will come anywhere near Yamato/Arcadia's in looking like the animation.

I really wouldn't mind having more YF-21s, but given how skinny Bandai made their "YF-19" already, I'm not sure anyone who wants a chunky YF-21 is going to be happy with what Bandai comes up with.

I do think the Bandai VF-19 has an edge in fighter mode just from how skinny it is, but they took a few liberties with the design that I don't think work as well as the Arcadia's overall look in all modes.

I also wonder if they'll even bother to make any changes to the VF-19 Advance to make it into a true Macross Plus YF-19. The easy thing is the markings, but implementing the correct canopy will take a significant rework of the nose, and they made some large changes to the backplate. On the other hand, maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll delete that ugly bulge in the plate under the neck. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Seems so. Look at where the Action Base(?) plugs into the underside. That's almost as far from the center of balance as you can get.

Frankly, I'm more interested in seeing fixed-form figures/kits of the 19. The animation tricks they needed to do to make it look good in every form means that it'll never look "right" as a transforming figure unless it comes with seamless armor expansion gimmicks. Bandai did a pretty good job with the VF-19 Advance(?) having that swiveling panel to cover up the inside of the leg, but even that one looks famished compared to lineart/animation/Yamato GN-U Dou YF-19.

Friend in japan this week saw the yf-19 in person said it didn't appear to have any mold changes. Just paint.

From the posted picture, it appears to be quite a bit different from their VF-19Adv, not just "paint". And if one were to split hairs, there wouldn't be any mold changes at all for a DX VF-19Kai... there would be all new molds, as well as specifying/sourcing fire-engine red pigmented ABS.

From the posted picture, it appears to be quite a bit different from their VF-19Adv, not just "paint". And if one were to split hairs, there wouldn't be any mold changes at all for a DX VF-19Kai... there would be all new molds, as well as specifying/sourcing fire-engine red pigmented ABS.

I think he's talking about the YF-19, not the VF-19 Kai. I have not seen any photos of the YF-19 either. Guess we'll have to wait a day or two.

He's talking about the YF though, not the Fire Valk. The Fire Valk, I think is going to just be physical proof of how little the YF-19 and VF-19 actually share in terms of design.

Yamato/Arcadia did a good bit of work to get both out of molds that share as much as they do, but I don't know if Bandai will even bother to make those changes. It'll be a nice looking fighter I know (and I would LOVE to own a Bandai VF-19S/F/P) but I'm not expecting much out of the battroid modes.

Friend in japan this week saw the yf-19 in person said it didn't appear to have any mold changes. Just paint.

I guess all the "it makes sense the sculpt is different because one is a YF and the other is a VF" guys will have to find a another justification for the differences between the Arcadia and this new Bandai version lol

You are aware that that pic isn't of the YF-19 right?

looks terrible

:lol:

I don't like the mac donalds valk either but I don't know why I like that static fighter. I got the 1/60 Yamato and I like it in fighter too (transformed once to battroid and went back to fighter). Will make final judgement when I see more detailed pics.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:lol:

I don't like the mac donalds valk either but I don't know why I like that static fighter. I got the 1/60 Yamato and I like it in fighter too (transformed once to battroid and went back to fighter). Will make final judgement when I see more detailed pics.

haha jk, i don't know why but it looks really flat in that photo, like a paper craft. maybe it's the angle

NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO i thought i was finally done. had all my dream valks and hated the paint schemes on the delta valks. YF-19???? SCREW YOU BANDAI AND ARCADIA FOR TAKING ALL MY MONYES I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER YF-19 UNLESS THEY DO SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE ADD THE ARM CANNON.

they wouldn't dare do that.. would they?

Edited by cyde01

wait ...have we got a photo of the YF-19 on display? So far the only semi-related photo is the VF-19 KAI which yes, logically should be a repaint of the VF-19 advanced?

A small part of me is hoping the YF-19 is a lil mold different, but knowing bandai or any company for that matter, if they can save costs instead of doing a lil tweak they would...

And yes,cyde01, an arm cannon would decidedly be a game changer! :D

wait ...have we got a photo of the YF-19 on display? So far the only semi-related photo is the VF-19 KAI which yes, logically should be a repaint of the VF-19 advanced?

A small part of me is hoping the YF-19 is a lil mold different, but knowing bandai or any company for that matter, if they can save costs instead of doing a lil tweak they would...

And yes,cyde01, an arm cannon would decidedly be a game changer! :D

There's a photo of a corner of the exhibit where the YF-19 could be seen among other items but the photo quality isn't that great and it's not a close up.

There's a photo of a corner of the exhibit where the YF-19 could be seen among other items but the photo quality isn't that great and it's not a close up.

Will await moar close-up photo's, hopefully we can catch some while the exhibit continues on till tmr.

I guess all the "it makes sense the sculpt is different because one is a YF and the other is a VF" guys will have to find a another justification for the differences between the Arcadia and this new Bandai version lol

You are aware that that pic isn't of the YF-19 right?

Sorry... must've missed/misunderstood it.

It would make perfect sense for Bandai to use the same molds for a possible YF-19 that they created for their VF-19Adv -- for all practical purposes, they are the same space-frame; however, in order to create a genuine Alpha One, Bandai needs to make new molds for the split canopy, the cockpit interior, and the top and bottom nose section fuselage... all to have the front canopy flip forward.

NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO i thought i was finally done. had all my dream valks and hated the paint schemes on the delta valks. YF-19???? SCREW YOU BANDAI AND ARCADIA FOR TAKING ALL MY MONYES I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER YF-19 UNLESS THEY DO SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE ADD THE ARM CANNON.

they wouldn't dare do that.. would they?

Would it be nice too if they will include their own LED light-up 'Fold Booster' and Fast Packs besides your wished Arm Cannon, eh? ;)

Edited by no3ljm

For a YF-19 vs. a VF-19Advance, we would expect no need to include the stands for the wing boosters and no wing boosters. That seems like it leaves room to me for a fold drive and an arm cannon. I've got my fingers crossed... that would also go a long way to convincing people to double-dip (I don't need convincing :)).

that would be awesome! tho the price maybe worrisome, i thk that and plus tampo would be the 19 version to beat!

For a YF-19 vs. a VF-19Advance, we would expect no need to include the stands for the wing boosters and no wing boosters. That seems like it leaves room to me for a fold drive and an arm cannon. I've got my fingers crossed... that would also go a long way to convincing people to double-dip (I don't need convincing :)).

I'm going to buy two if that will happen even if it doesn't come with a stand. ;)

So is it official yet? Is Bandai all in on a line of 1/60 DX Legacy Valkyries? If so, time to change the thread title!

Further news other than bandai will release has been sparse. Not even a close-up pic, but i understand thats the tight security.

How does one go abt changing the thread title?

Further news other than bandai will release has been sparse. Not even a close-up pic, but i understand thats the tight security.

How does one go abt changing the thread title?

I think only a mod can do it.......very dangerous process.....like travelling through hyperspace and less like dusting crops...or something along those lines... :rolleyes: