BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

19 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

If I got it right, there aren't such things like locked down licenses. And Mr. K said: "When it comes to our competition, I am not really bothered by what surrounds us too much. As long as the whole process is fun, then let's keep on doing that. For me, as long as I can keep having fun with making toys, then that is all that matters to me."

Yep, that's how I see it. As long as Bandai and Arcadia keep making cool stuff I want, I'll be happy. I don't see valkyrie toys as some kind of zero sum Highlander struggle where one company must die so the other can... keep making toys? Which they're already doing anyway? 

Wish Arcadia would just tampo markings by default, though. Not that Bandai valks had all that much tampo either, until more recent valks. 

I'd welcome another player in the game, too. I'm still waiting for a Mylene VF-11!

On 10/25/2018 at 4:40 AM, seti88 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your money back, mark them in the MW blacklist....

On 11/3/2018 at 3:11 AM, Bub said:

Hey no3Ljm, how’d your ebay case turn out?

On 11/3/2018 at 11:01 PM, RealJayDee said:

That sucks! Buyer protection protocol doesnt seem so protective when you have to report to the local police a seller overseas.

Maybe telling ebay your local enforcers wont open a file against a seller located on the other side of the planet?

Hope it all works out.

I've updated my situation in the Blacklist Thread. Case closed in favor of me. ^_^ 

Ok. So here's the latest news on this eBay purchased DX Chogokin YF-19 Full Set Pack drama.

I spoke with an eBay CS person this morning after I send the information they need 2 days ago. And I just called them just to hear updates and if they still need more info from me. Then they told me that they received what they need and they just need to call the Sheriff's office first to verify the details I've given them. After 30mins they called back and told me that everything checked out and that they already closed the case in my favor. And that I will get my refund in the next couple of days. Since it's already weekend, I'll see it back on my Paypal by Tuesday.

With this experience, I think they just want to verify that I'm not making a false claim and that now they're going to investigate the seller due to continuously getting negative feedbacks which probably they're getting a lot of claim reports from buyers.

I'm just glad that I will get my money back in 2 days. And that I can still get to leave a negative feedback on the seller according to the CS. :rolleyes:

Anyways, there you go. ^_^

eBay got my back, all's right in the world.

Edit: Here's now the other 2 buyers who bought the same thing. I'll add mine in awhile. ;)

ebay_chenchenchenhui_yf19_feedback.jpg.e206822d2b3607aaae72328100ea2f41.jpg

Again, stay away from this seller: chenchenchenhui.

Boy, I thought I lucked out: head laser intact, tail fins perfect.  And then... I transformed it to discover this:

40621642_2018-11-0814_12_52.thumb.jpg.2ac7d393730b167813fcc0a0d55903fd.jpg

Literally no pressure on the hand at all, out of the box it was snapped off like that. 

[Please forgive my nasty looking nails: I was transforming the yf-19 while waiting for my low-viz VF-1 custom to dry from painting :)]

Thankfully, I had my trusty no. 76 drill bit and K&S engineering brass rod nearby to repin it and it's good as new now, but just adding this for record keeping sake.  This one can't be blamed on shipment- I don't know how it happened!

Both the trigger fingers broke off my first version.  But it was completely my fault for shoving them into the arms without being remotely careful about what I was doing.  They only fit if they're configured a certain way.  I glued them back on and the glue held great, but thankfully, my entire toy was replaced, so I'm being a lot more careful now.

I just put mine back into fighter mode.  One of the legs just doesn't wanna line up right, no matter what I do, and I've learned the hard way to NOT FORCE ANYTHING.  With no extra parts on, it looks pretty decent.  But if I try to add the fast packs, the ONE peg that pegs into the leg covers causes the whole plastic wing to stretch really far.  I get uncomfortable looking at it.  So.  No fast packs in fighter mode.  Just makes me too nervous the way the tolerances are tested to the limit.   Regular fighter and battroid are fine, but man....I do NOT like the way the fast packs are designed.  Seems like a really bad idea to leave it in that configuration for any amount of time.   Maybe it's just mine.

6 hours ago, onnasake said:

I just put mine back into fighter mode.  One of the legs just doesn't wanna line up right, no matter what I do, and I've learned the hard way to NOT FORCE ANYTHING.  With no extra parts on, it looks pretty decent.  But if I try to add the fast packs, the ONE peg that pegs into the leg covers causes the whole plastic wing to stretch really far.  I get uncomfortable looking at it.  So.  No fast packs in fighter mode.  Just makes me too nervous the way the tolerances are tested to the limit.   Regular fighter and battroid are fine, but man....I do NOT like the way the fast packs are designed.  Seems like a really bad idea to leave it in that configuration for any amount of time.   Maybe it's just mine.

Are you referring to the wing tab that needs to insert on the leg fast packs? If it is, then that wing tab shouldn't be inserted to the leg's fast pack since it's not going to reach the slot and you're just going to stress it.

This is from Jenius' Anymoon site showing the 'untabbed' tab.

Bandai-VF-19Advance-12.jpg

Let us know if you're referring the same and if I understand correctly. Thanks. :)

On 11/9/2018 at 10:49 AM, easnoddy said:

Personally I hate the detachable legs on my Yamato 22S.  They come off/shift too easily

This.  I'm 99% sure the leg gimmick is why my Yamato -21's thighs cracked apart.  

Both the -19 and -21 always seem to end up severely compromised for those gimmicks. They are not worth it at all.  

11 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

This.  I'm 99% sure the leg gimmick is why my Yamato -21's thighs cracked apart.  

Both the -19 and -21 always seem to end up severely compromised for those gimmicks. They are not worth it at all.  

from the Macross Delta Anime, detachable leg gimmick on the 22/21 is most likely going to stay since they shown the legs detached next to the plane.

vf-22.jpg.5f335311378519936732ce7d0096565e.jpg

Yeah----unless the -22 is WAY bigger than I think it is (i.e. far larger than a large fighter jet) there's nowhere near enough room for hauling an idol group in the leg-bay....  (because even after removing the legs, the engines and lower halves of the nacelles still protrude into the area, among other things)

Well after weeks of trial and error I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I had finally got the "basic" fighter mode all pegged together beautifully.  A sight to see, let me tell you.  But I still want to see it all decked out...the fast packs and the fold booster.

All my previous attempts had left gaps and parts not sitting flush.  Here's what I was doing wrong:  The beige/white flap that folds down under the shoulder and aligns with the upper arm; when getting everything aligned in fighter mode, it has to sit juuuust right, almost locking into place with those pesky little gray pieces that slot into the back of the legs.  I had shoved them on top of those pieces, throwing it all out of whack.  No; they kind of "mesh" and fold together, and that give the shoulder pieces more room in fighter mode to attach the grey shoulder extensions.  For the very first time, everything pegged with no overlapped/ forced/stressed parts.  The arm assemblies now all pegged in and sat more or less flush beautifully for the first time since I've got this thing.  The legs are aligned; especially crucial is to give that one joint near the hip just that extra click to give space..

My single complaint remains the wing tabs and how one tab is left "floating" and unpegged, but I know that's not just mine.  That's a design flaw on all of them.  My only concern is the strain it will put on the fragile plastic of the narrow wing pegs that go into the side of the plane.  Even with everything aligned there's still some strain on that very thin plastic.  I love this mode and it looks amazing but I'll be sure to transform it frequently so I don't leave it in that "strained" position for extended amounts of time.

What a thrill to see this fighter all decked out.....fast packs in place, fold booster in place, Isamu and Yang ready to take off.  I'd done it before but it was clearly wrong.....I think I've got it as right as I'm gonna get it now.   And to think, it was all those pesky under-shoulder parts that caused it all to not fit.

I hope my description is adequate to illustrate what I mean cause my camera kinda sucks.  My fighter finally looks like the youtube vids of the more experienced collectors so that makes me happy.

Awesome toy.  I gladly retract every bad thing I ever said about it.  In fact, it's in the running for my toy of the year now.  Unthinkable considering how I hated it so much upon my unboxing, but like I said, that was all on ME and my impatience.

This thing is gorgeous in battroid AND fighter.   I haven't bother with gerwalk though cause I always thought it was dumb.

Does my rambling make sense?  Have I managed to illustrate what I did wrong and how I figured it out?  When the shoulder fast packs snapped in properly for the first time in fighter mode I almost yelled with joy.

Having said that, no force on earth can keep those tailfins on if you touch em, but screw it.  I save them for very last and attach em and don't touch them.

I am so, so, so glad I didn't give up on this toy and kept it instead of returning it.  Thanks for all the advice in this thread and thanks for the wonderful tutorial videos that helped immensely.

Axl Rose said it best......"Just a little PATIENCE....yeahhh...need some more PATIENCE."

dlJ9Qvb.jpg

jGt8mxc.jpg

Edited by onnasake

On 11/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, onnasake said:

Well after weeks of trial and error I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I had finally got the "basic" fighter mode all pegged together beautifully.  A sight to see, let me tell you.  But I still want to see it all decked out...the fast packs and the fold booster.

All my previous attempts had left gaps and parts not sitting flush.  Here's what I was doing wrong:  The beige/white flap that folds down under the shoulder and aligns with the upper arm; when getting everything aligned in fighter mode, it has to sit juuuust right, almost locking into place with those pesky little gray pieces that slot into the back of the legs.  I had shoved them on top of those pieces, throwing it all out of whack.  No; they kind of "mesh" and fold together, and that give the shoulder pieces more room in fighter mode to attach the grey shoulder extensions.  For the very first time, everything pegged with no overlapped/ forced/stressed parts.  The arm assemblies now all pegged in and sat more or less flush beautifully for the first time since I've got this thing.  The legs are aligned; especially crucial is to give that one joint near the hip just that extra click to give space..

My single complaint remains the wing tabs and how one tab is left "floating" and unpegged, but I know that's not just mine.  That's a design flaw on all of them.  My only concern is the strain it will put on the fragile plastic of the narrow wing pegs that go into the side of the plane.  Even with everything aligned there's still some strain on that very thin plastic.  I love this mode and it looks amazing but I'll be sure to transform it frequently so I don't leave it in that "strained" position for extended amounts of time.

What a thrill to see this fighter all decked out.....fast packs in place, fold booster in place, Isamu and Yang ready to take off.  I'd done it before but it was clearly wrong.....I think I've got it as right as I'm gonna get it now.   And to think, it was all those pesky under-shoulder parts that caused it all to not fit.

I hope my description is adequate to illustrate what I mean cause my camera kinda sucks.  My fighter finally looks like the youtube vids of the more experienced collectors so that makes me happy.

Awesome toy.  I gladly retract every bad thing I ever said about it.  In fact, it's in the running for my toy of the year now.  Unthinkable considering how I hated it so much upon my unboxing, but like I said, that was all on ME and my impatience.

This thing is gorgeous in battroid AND fighter.   I haven't bother with gerwalk though cause I always thought it was dumb.

Does my rambling make sense?  Have I managed to illustrate what I did wrong and how I figured it out?  When the shoulder fast packs snapped in properly for the first time in fighter mode I almost yelled with joy.

Having said that, no force on earth can keep those tailfins on if you touch em, but screw it.  I save them for very last and attach em and don't touch them.

I am so, so, so glad I didn't give up on this toy and kept it instead of returning it.  Thanks for all the advice in this thread and thanks for the wonderful tutorial videos that helped immensely.

Axl Rose said it best......"Just a little PATIENCE....yeahhh...need some more PATIENCE."

dlJ9Qvb.jpg

jGt8mxc.jpg

Glad everything worked out great, @onnasake. :good: 

I'm pretty sure you will like it even more when you pushed and massaged all the circle ones in and have it flushed. ;) 

jGt8mxc.thumb.jpg.3c9b056772f430b5ec5dcdb7e4c38de5.jpg

Funny thing I ran into is that the YF-19/VF-19 Advance fit together better if you don't press the wing hinges all the way down.  On at least one of mine, lifting the wing gloves a little relieves some stress on the wing glove tabs and intake/arm/shoulder joints, and makes them easier to transform.

Edited by Chronocidal

Unfortunately, the areas in green will not go in/lay flush under any circumstances.  I think this is one of the reasons I got it as a replacement from the bandai replacement center.  Pretty sure it was defective from the factory.  Everything else will tab in, but the parts you highlighted absolutely will not.  I've tried a hundred times. and I've certainly learned my lesson about excessive force.  So for those areas?  I've just learned to live with it and be happy that the arms and fast packs are finally in place!

The wing gap indeed goes in all the way.  I sheepishly pushed it down after seeing no3Ljm's helpful pics.

But the main problem, those sharp tabs that are on the neck of the plane, and in robot mode float above the back of the legs?  Sorry, I have no idea how to better describe those.   They've never fit.  Not once.  When I opened it and pulled it out of the styrofoam those two pieces were hanging there, half pushed in.  My guess is someone returned it to bandai cause of that, and they refurbished it and sent it to me, and it's a hell of an improvement over the one I yanked the leg off of.

But yes, I did get the wing root (?) tabs pushed all the way down after seeing that pic above.

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on whether getting the YF-19 Full Set for around $280 USD is a decent deal? I've only recently come back to collecting a select few valks and would definitely like to replace the Yamato I sold around 10 years ago. I just don't know if this will inevitably go up in value or if there's another rerelease coming or what. Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, skex said:

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on whether getting the YF-19 Full Set for around $280 USD is a decent deal? I've only recently come back to collecting a select few valks and would definitely like to replace the Yamato I sold around 10 years ago. I just don't know if this will inevitably go up in value or if there's another rerelease coming or what. Thanks in advance.

Many online stores from Japan are still selling for 25000 yen....so you can do the math