BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

I have not pre-ordered Bandai DX valks before* - how do people secure their orders if it's only like a 20-second window?  Use scripts to fill in credit card and address information?

*actually the first one was Kairos from N-Y... but that probably doesn't count

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, GabrielV said:

But here's Malibu Shin again, since he's kinda relevant. 

27918409349_1cbd7935ae.jpg

That episode where Shin puts the giant hat onto his VF-0 was the best episode.....however, this hat is not lineart accurate and Arcadia has once again taken liberties with the colors it has chosen for the shade of brown.......

PO cancelled!!!!! :nea:

3 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

i really just want to order from hlj - they seem to be the easiest to preorder from but they are the slowest to actually put their page up so I feel like i have to shotgun 

It shows up earlier via "advanced search", which is why it's sold out when the page finally comes up sometimes.

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I have not pre-ordered Bandai DX valks before* - how do people secure their orders if it's only like a 20-second window?  Use scripts to fill in credit card and address information?

*actually the first one was Kairos from N-Y... but that probably doesn't count

lots of sites let you save you're check out info if you're a returning customer. also, a lot of sites automatically put the item on short term hold for you either when you start to check out or (if your lucky) when you add to cart. so even though you're order isn't completed that one unit is being treated as spoken for.

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It shows up earlier via "advanced search", which is why it's sold out when the page finally comes up sometimes.

https://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?qid=7O0BAUV10OKPVY&Dis=-2&q=1&DisplayMode=list&Word=DX+Chogokin&set=1&Sort=company+desc&Maker2=BAN

Advanced search for "DX Chogokin" including discontinued items, filtered to Bandai Items only, sorted by item code (descending).

Edited by anime52k8

Do you guys know if there is any info about the cracking hip / intakes problem????

Looks amazing but since its a vf 19 copy - paste with minor teaks...

Hate to be that guy, please forgive me

5 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Do you guys know if there is any info about the cracking hip / intakes problem????

Looks amazing but since its a vf 19 copy - paste with minor teaks...

Hate to be that guy, please forgive me

Not really sure how we would know since it's not been released yet, or even produced....

Minor note about the foot shape.. the heel shape might be a non-issue, if you position the feet correctly.  Messing with the feet on the VF-19 Advance, I was able to get them to drop down a decent amount, to where there was actually a gap above the heel flap.  I think it just depends on how far you push the feet in.  It does leave a gap around front edge of the toe, but I think it's more streamlined than having the heel stick up so far.

Also, if it comes down to needing replacement heels, the ones on the VF-19 Advance are just a simple plastic cap mounted to a metal plate with one screw.  If they keep the same base design, it'd be a very simple operation to replace them with different ones.

Edited by Chronocidal

29 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, if it comes down to needing replacement heels, the ones on the VF-19 Advance are just a simple plastic cap mounted to a metal plate with one screw.  If they keep the same base design, it'd be a very simple operation to replace them with different ones.

I was wondering about that. Thanks very much. Is it the same regarding the toes? I'm considering 3D-printing my own set of replacement feet if the ones on the final product are as... lopsided as the promo pics look to be.

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I was wondering about that. Thanks very much. Is it the same regarding the toes? I'm considering 3D-printing my own set of replacement feet if the ones on the final product are as... lopsided as the promo pics look to be.

Toes don't look that simple, they don't have visible screws.  They might be easy to pop the glue on, but I'm not going to try that unless I have to.

I think with the right positioning of the feet, the heels might even work out okay, but we'll see.  Bandai's design for the entire leg is a weird tapered shape that doesn't fit the original animation very well, and is a stark contrast to the Arcadia, so the foot designs are very different.

44 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai's design for the entire leg is a weird tapered shape that doesn't fit the original animation very well, and is a stark contrast to the Arcadia, so the foot designs are very different.

I'm not too bothered by that, considering the design of the YF-19 is inherently all sorts of ridiculous. The things they keep (relatively) consistent from design to artwork to cel is what's important, at least to me. The two deviations that the DX makes - the chest and the feet - bother me the most because they disrupt the otherwise consistent design of those areas. And really, it's only the feet that I have a major bone with; the chest looks fine in its own right, it's just "bad" because it's different.

I've said it before, but my ideal YF-19 toy would be a 3-set of separate Fighter, Gerwalk, and Battroid modes, all tailored to best exemplify the design in each form. So a slim, long fighter, a somewhat deformed Gerwalk with exaggerated legs and arms, and a chunky, aggressive Battroid. (I keep hoping against hope that Hasegawa will release Battroid and Gerwalk YF-19 kits that do just this...)

14 hours ago, IXTL said:

The arm cannon unfolds and stays on in fighter mode and the gunpod can mount under it.

item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_13.jpg

I think this is the coolest part of the whole package. also it fixes the banana gun.  So, how much can I sell my arcadia YF-19 for?

4 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I think this is the coolest part of the whole package. also it fixes the banana gun.  So, how much can I sell my arcadia YF-19 for?

At a price that I imagine will make me regret having just bought one from Jungle. *sigh*

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Isn't it basically the VF-19 Advance with UN Spacy logo instead of NUNS, arm cannon, and missiles... for the most part?

as someone who already has a VF-19ADVANCE I think the arm cannon, DX compatable missiles, and fold booster make it worth it. the tampo changes, color tweaks and remolded parts are just extras IMO.

Just now, anime52k8 said:

as someone who already has a VF-19ADVANCE I think the arm cannon, DX compatable missiles, and fold booster make it worth it. the tampo changes, color tweaks and remolded parts are just extras IMO.

Oh right. I forgot about the fold booster!

Does anyone know if pre-orders for Bandai products that are in high demand like the VF-19 are set up to on sale simultaneously from the various online retailers? Also, why would this pre-order be different from say the VF-31A, which seemed be readily available for time?

The 31A was a web exclusive that was made to order so there was no rush to place an order. 

This is a general release and there will be limited quantities (1st come 1st served). 

The retailer pages typically go up around the same time, with some stragglers. 

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The 31A was a web exclusive that was made to order so there was no rush to place an order. 

This is a general release and there will be limited quantities (1st come 1st served). 

The retailer pages typically go up around the same time, with some stragglers. 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Do NY et al have more... shall we say... "up to date" search functions than HLJ? No having to do an advanced search, just look the item up through the regular search function?

I don’t think so. Someone here typically posts a link while the page is going live. Then you F5 for your life and pray to the god of NY’s spinning wheel of death that your order goes through lol