BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Hasn't the fold booster changed significantly from M+ to Frontier, ie the series with the most DXes? I remember the... VF-25G? used one to fold to Galia IV to save the day, and it looked way different from the M+ booster.

The one Michael used in that episode was a prototype I think, and Bandai's already did produce it, and included it in one of the original v.1 DX VF-25 add-on packs, as well as with one of the VF-27s maybe? 

I think one of the other episodes showed some other fighters using the standard design.

If the missiles and booster do get sold separately as an add-on, yeah, I'm picking up half a dozen sets. ^_^ 

Re frontier fold booster: You guys do realize Bandai already made it right?

There's a pre renewal kit that comes with the booster the under-wing speaker pods and a Ranka figure. I got it a while ago but unfortunately the adapter only fits the pre renewal 25s, one of my priorities for the 3D printer I have coming tomorrow is to make a new adapter to fit the renewal valks.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/55720

59 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

Re frontier fold booster: You guys do realize Bandai already made it right?

There's a pre renewal kit that comes with the booster the under-wing speaker pods and a Ranka figure. I got it a while ago but unfortunately the adapter only fits the pre renewal 25s, one of my priorities for the 3D printer I have coming tomorrow is to make a new adapter to fit the renewal valks.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/55720

True. Bandai made one already. But like you said, it's pre-renewal era. And besides Macross Frontier showed 2 kinds of Fold Boosters. One that was used by Michael and one used by Alto. Check the image that I posted from the previous page.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

yea that's the hint on the podcast page too...but i found it more interesting on the way egan discovered it, and where it was sitting on the valk!
Its not even worn that configuration in M+....

Unfolded is the only way it would work.  The arms tuck right together in fighter mode.  It would have to open up and attach below.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Hmm it's a three panel wrap on the arm...

So the rectangular ratio of the arm cannons somehow works out to be the width of 2 forearms across, when the arm cannons unfold?

i don't recall seeing the arm cannons unfolded and re-attached b4!

Are we going to expect more gaps created if ever? And let's just say that the Arm Cannons are mounted during Fighter mode, where does the Gunpod mount then?

I haven't listened to the podcast yet so I'm just basing it to what you guys posted. But I have to admit I really appreciate added accessories like this even if it's going to end up 'un-mountable' during Fighter mode. And the idea that they may sell the other accessories separately. ^_^

12 minutes ago, aurance said:

My main thing is I hope they did something about those crap wings in high speed mode. If it were up to me I'd have ditched high speed mode altogether for more sturdy wings, but that ship has probably sailed.

Bandai can do that and people here will still complain :lol:

12 minutes ago, aurance said:

Well you know. That's our real hobby: complaining. Macross is incidental. :lol::D

You can't deny that all of us here wants an Anime-Accurate-Perfect-Transforming Valkyries in one form or another. Not to mention that we're better thinkers, designers, engineers than Bandai, Arcadia, Evolution Toys combined. The only thing that preventing us to make a perfect one is that we don't have deep pockets like these companies. But once we accomplished that, then for sure the complaining to the companies that produces this wonderful transforming Valkyrie toys that accommodates our needs will eventually stop. :rolleyes:

MacrossWorld Rulez!!! :lol:

So, seeing that pic, it occurred to me that there's another reason why the wing glove tabs are hanging out so far... Bandai tweaked the design of where the legs sit in fighter mode. 

RIMG28572.jpg.e165fdfc8805830589c5e0d44eb64fe6.jpgban992012box2.jpg.e9e01d50ea28270f235aa5f1dbbf1d99.jpg

Because they sank the shoulders into the legs, and made the legs taller at that point, they had to spread out the wing glove root edge to allow for the leg to fit.  The legs are just wider and taller than the original design had them.  It did make for a better leg shape in battroid, but that's the price you pay in fighter.

Far as the high speed mode goes... yeah, I'd love to see it gone.  Right now?  My Bandai VF-19 Advance just as floppy as any of my Arcadias have gotten.  In fact, it's worse in a way, because I was able to build a replacement bracket for the Arcadia that mounts the wings on a single pivot.  Good luck getting any Bandai product apart to do the same sort of replacement without entirely destroying it. <_<

Far as the kites on both wings.. yeah, that's just Bandai being Bandai and not paying attention.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Far as the high speed mode goes... yeah, I'd love to see it gone.  Right now?  My Bandai VF-19 Advance just as floppy as any of my Arcadias have gotten.  In fact, it's worse in a way, because I was able to build a replacement bracket for the Arcadia that mounts the wings on a single pivot.  Good luck getting any Bandai product apart to do the same sort of replacement without entirely destroying it. <_<

Can you post pics of that mod? I might try that one day.

Don't want to derail it too much, since it's just for the Arcadia version, but here's a link to the post where I detail the mod.

I'm not sure if there's enough room to try something similar on the Bandai one, but I haven't looked at it closely because unlike the Arcadia, I have no idea how to get the wing gloves apart to try something like that.

17 hours ago, Swoosh said:

genos-weapon.jpg?resize=648,365

LOL!

16 hours ago, kajnrig said:

IIRC, the prototype arm cannon never made it into production, right?

Anyway, whenever I think of it I inevitably think of:

test.gif.0e360ae26b157686577931979a676440.gif

(I spent too much time making this.)

LOL!

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Are we going to expect more gaps created if ever? And let's just say that the Arm Cannons are mounted during Fighter mode, where does the Gunpod mount then?

I haven't listened to the podcast yet so I'm just basing it to what you guys posted. But I have to admit I really appreciate added accessories like this even if it's going to end up 'un-mountable' during Fighter mode. And the idea that they may sell the other accessories separately. ^_^

There wouldn't be space for the gunpod, going by podcast. Kinda makes sense, cos your arm is already a BFG cannon, shoot to destroy not kill!

If the arm cannon "folds" out completely "flat" across both forearms, then maybe there wouldn't be gap issues. Sorta like an undercarriage cover.
However cant fanthom how that would look like....would be cool tho that means you got a gun cannon flanked by 2 missile pods underneath! WOW! :o

13 hours ago, aurance said:

My main thing is I hope they did something about those crap wings in high speed mode. If it were up to me I'd have ditched high speed mode altogether for more sturdy wings, but that ship has probably sailed.

I love high speed mode in the 19! Thats what makes the 19 a bird of prey, diving into the kill!

209da8a7f6a0c481ea5e8caef19fa566--diving-food-networktrisha.jpg.739fdf991125882b550aa9962b9d6701.jpg

9 hours ago, valhary said:

another pic

7c891c46.jpg

:wub::wub:

but yeah whats with the 2 kite thing....bandai must have really really missed putting kites on DX's....:D

• 3 months later...