BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

same +2...  basically why I passed on this one and stuck with my Arcadia. 

You are crazy. You would pass on the DX for that reason? Dude, sell your Arcadia and just buy the DX. The Arcadia was just too flimsy for me.

Edited by jasonmacross83

27 minutes ago, jasonmacross83 said:

wow, not even a pound. Thank you so much though! How about the DX VF-31J? 

Still much better quality than the Arcadia. Writing on wings or not :pardon:

25 minutes ago, jasonmacross83 said:

You are crazy. You would pass on the DX for that reason? Dude, sell your Arcadia and just buy the DX. The Arcadia was just too flimsy for me.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your Arcadia YF-19, but I love mine as is. I find that the DX one is more flimsy due to that gap in the legs in Fighter mode. Not to mention the over-engineered chest transformation. :rolleyes:

And having both I think is much better to go. Having both is like having the best of both worlds. Flimsy or not. :db:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, jasonmacross83 said:

wow, not even a pound. Thank you so much though! How about the DX VF-31J? 

Still much better quality than the Arcadia. Writing on wings or not :pardon:

I'm very happy with the DX but I only started collecting just about when the Delta figures were being released so I missed out on a lot of the Yamato/Arcadia releases.

The VF-31J is 421 grams.

Edited by sumyumgoy

9 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Hope this helps.

IMG_20190614_110319.jpg.a57779e4ccf06766e32520ecdc59fe94.jpg

The DX YF-19 has great heft also the Arcadia one, man YF 19 what a beautiful design it has, I have One Yamato YF-19, YF-19 Double Nuts, Arcadia YF -19, VF 19 Advance, and the DX YF-19, best design in my opinion. :D 

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm very happy with the DX but I only started collecting just about when the Delta figures were being released so I missed out on a lot of the Yamato/Arcadia releases.

The VF-31J is 421 grams.

421? Impressive! It weighs as much as the MP-10 Optimus. 

Actually you began collecting at the right time. There are a few Arcadias I can't live without. I've sold most of mine two years ago. The Delta valks are masterfully designed Valks (at least IMO). The YF-19 will remain as my favorite design. It just looks amazing in all modes!

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with your Arcadia YF-19, but I love mine as is. I find that the DX one is more flimsy due to that gap in the legs in Fighter mode. Not to mention the over-engineered chest transformation. :rolleyes:

And having both I think is much better to go. Having both is like having the best of both worlds. Flimsy or not. :db:

Mine didn't feel like it was on par with the DX YF-19. Yes, the Arcadia version was beautiful but felt frail in comparison. Anime accuracy is a must of course! 

8 hours ago, Foblander said:

Did Arcadia address the loose ankles for the YF-19? My Yamato Fire Valk ankles are loosey goosey but still stands in Battroid mode.

No. Arcadia's YF-19 ankles were arguably the worst ever since they were mostly loose out of the box. Mine faceplanted itself once (or rather uniboob planted) in battroid mode and slightly dented the nosecone. I have never trusted leaving it on battroid mode ever since.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Grief!!

If the DX YF-21 does get made, you bet that the "New Edwards" tampos will be plastered on the right wing like an eyesore. :bad: 

Edit: It's going to be on both wings actually like the YF-19.

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Good Grief!!

If the DX YF-21 does get made, you bet that the "New Edwards" tampos will be plastered on the right wing like an eyesore. :bad: 

C'mon now. I'm pretty sure you'll going to stay up late just to score a preorder of a DX YF-21. 8)

:lol: 

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon now. I'm pretty sure you'll going to stay up late just to score a preorder of a DX YF-21. 8)

:lol: 

True that! ;)

Let's see what Bandai can pull out of the hat for Guld's bird. :hi:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good:

Now, imagine a 'DX VF-11B' and 'DX YF-21' with tampos like that. ^_^

Oh yeah bring it on babe! :lol::ph34r:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

True that! ;)

Let's see what Bandai can pull out of the hat for Guld's bird. :hi:

Is there meaning to a full set YF-21??

Full set VF-11B ftw!

with armor parts! ......melted...........

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good:

Now, imagine a 'DX VF-11B' and 'DX YF-21' with tampos like that. ^_^

Yep, that's definitely the weakness of the Yamatos... not enough tampos. I hate their decals, too, so my poor valkyries have to live with not enough markings.

19 hours ago, borgified said:

Good Grief!!

you say that like it's a bad thing. :p

26 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

you say that like it's a bad thing. :p

It looks like overkill at first sight, however you do get used to it after giving it some time.

OR

If you don't like it, you can copy @tekering's idea and strip off the tampos.