BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

5 hours ago, jenius said:

It landed with a thud.

I got burned by a bad eBay seller on the initial 29 (Alto's, right?) before I really understood the release cycle for these things, so I was plenty happy to be able to get the Isamu variant when it came down the pipe :D

14 hours ago, Sandman said:

It's funny how that isamu yf-29 has fallen out of favor with fans. It's one of the least valued yf29s. When it first came out everyone was hyped about it. Then Arcadia announced their yf-19 and no one cared anymore.

Once again, I'm showing my Macross ignorance here, so please go easy on me.  I absolutely love the original series, and Macross Plus, but that's where my knowledge (and interest) ends.

But as far as I know, Isamu was in the VF Advance in a video game for a few seconds, and a movie for a few seconds, right?

When/where did he ever fly the YF-29 in the media?  I've always wondered that.

8 hours ago, onnasake said:

Once again, I'm showing my Macross ignorance here, so please go easy on me.  I absolutely love the original series, and Macross Plus, but that's where my knowledge (and interest) ends.

But as far as I know, Isamu was in the VF Advance in a video game for a few seconds, and a movie for a few seconds, right?

When/where did he ever fly the YF-29 in the media?  I've always wondered that.

Isamu showed up in the VF-19/Advance for a few seconds in the Macross Frontier movie only.

And Isamu flew the YF-29 as an upgrade in the PS3 game Macross: Voices Across the Galaxy.

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, Bub said:

Hey no3Ljm, how’d your ebay case turn out?

eBay requested that I have to file an Incident Report to the Police before the Nov 11 for them to have it filed for documentation so I can get my full refund.

Edited by no3Ljm

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

eBay requested that I have to file an Incident Report to the Police before the Nov 11 for them to have it filed for documentation so I can get my full refund.

That sucks! Buyer protection protocol doesnt seem so protective when you have to report to the local police a seller overseas.

Maybe telling ebay your local enforcers wont open a file against a seller located on the other side of the planet?

Hope it all works out.

Question. Anymoon's review says:

"Both the VF-19Advance and YF-19 come with very stiff hips that have led to people breaking them. I encourage you during your first transformation to unscrew the two screws on the hip and then remove the housing and loosen the two screws you’ll find underneath it. Doing this will make completing transformation easier and make it less likely you’l break your toy’s hip some day. "

Can someone demonstrate this with photos? I ordered a YF-19. It hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be ready when it arrives.

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

12 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Question. Anymoon's review says:

"Both the VF-19Advance and YF-19 come with very stiff hips that have led to people breaking them. I encourage you during your first transformation to unscrew the two screws on the hip and then remove the housing and loosen the two screws you’ll find underneath it. Doing this will make completing transformation easier and make it less likely you’l break your toy’s hip some day. "

Can someone demonstrate this with photos? I ordered a YF-19. It hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be ready when it arrives.

I changed the font color since I'm using the default theme so I didn't see your post until I highlight the lower section of your post and change the color to black.

Sildani posted some pages ago how he opened up his and he reposted it in the Macross Maintenance thread. Hope it helps.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:51 AM, Sandman said:

It's funny how that isamu yf-29 has fallen out of favor with fans. It's one of the least valued yf29s. When it first came out everyone was hyped about it. Then Arcadia announced their yf-19 and no one cared anymore.

I think the valuation of the Isamu Yf-29 is due to the fact that it is made to order and bandai ended up actually HONORING all of those orders. We basically had a situation where the supply at one point exceeded the demand.

It ended becoming the first DX toys (poisonous entry to the hobby) for some due to its price. Right now though, while it might be the cheapest, the price difference is not that much.

I finally found the time (and courage) to disassemble the legs and untighten the hip screws. Now the legs are in it's proper position. I am really happy with this yf-19. Definitely my favorite Macross toy that I own. Everything about this figure is superb imo, especially it's heft and nice tight joints. I never order more than one of the same figure but I wouldn't mind having another copy or two to display it in the other modes. What a marvel :) Really enjoying my first Bandai Valk.

IMG_20181105_203418.jpg

5 minutes ago, Foblander said:

I miss my Yamato YF-21, but boy were the hips on that bad boy loosey goosey. Unable to even stand on its own, which is a big pet peeve of mine. I also hope Bandai releases a DX YF-21 with nice tight metal hips :)

Yeah mine ain't too bad but if this isn't proof that the yf-21 needs an update I don't know what is. The poses you can put the yf-19 in are incredible. It''s the most solid valk I've ever handled. The thing does not move, nothing is loose. The 21 is a great looking Valk, but it's really time to bring it upto today's toy standards. I want to be able to pose it like the 19, it's just incapable of any crazy poses like that. I just have to leave it standing as the ankle joints are loose on mine. Unfortunately for me, my antenna snapped on my 19 before I even touched the thing. I've got a picture here of the replacement antenna from shape ways. I like the black, it suits it. Thanks to @Xigfrid for sharing the pics and info on them. Handy option for anyone who has also been unfortunate with their 19 

DSC_0020.JPG

_20181106_200426.JPG

_20181106_200513.JPG

_20181106_200453.JPG

I take it that a fair amount of us wants a DX YF-21 if Bandai does make it. 

Improvements over the Yammie YF-21/ VF-22 will be a great start plus the added bulk to the legs to make it aesthically more pleasing as well. 

If Yamato made the legs on the Q-raus, YF-21/VF-22 more in proportional to the rest of the torso, it wouldn't have toppled over easily if you where to bump into it. 

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

I take it that a fair amount of us wants a DX YF-21 if Bandai does make it. 

Improvements over the Yammie YF-21/ VF-22 will be a great start plus the added bulk to the legs to make it aesthically more pleasing as well. 

If Yamato made the legs on the Q-raus, YF-21/VF-22 more in proportional to the rest of the torso, it wouldn't have toppled over easily if you where to bump into it. 

Agreed, it's definitely top heavy. The design for transform does hinder the movement too. 

1 hour ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Being a huge fan of the YF-21, I never liked Yamato's 1/60 version, so I'm waiting patiently for Bandai to give it a shot. Their teased Hi Metal version looked already really good. 

Oh yes, I agree. :rolleyes:

HiMetal_YF21.jpg.e92e88081e19da325f616a2c08061227.jpg

I don't mind Bandai copying this proportion as well. ;)

YF21.jpg.6d4a774a75dd1accb3c28ffe443ef6fd.jpg

By the way, can I ask if the above picture is a resin kit. And if so, what make? And is there a member here who owns one and what they're feedback on it. Thanks. ^_^

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, can I ask if the above picture is a resin kit. And if so, what make? And is there a member here who owns one and what they're feedback on it. Thanks. ^_^

Don't know if they're the same kit but the one on the left is D-Stance 1/72 YF-21 kit.

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Don't know if they're the same kit but the one on the left is D-Stance 1/72 YF-21 kit.

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

Thanks wmkjr! I'm pretty sure they're the same. ;) 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Resin kit yes.  I haven’t built mine or even cleaned the pieces yet..

Looking forward to see your build. ^_^

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh yes, I agree. :rolleyes:

HiMetal_YF21.jpg.e92e88081e19da325f616a2c08061227.jpg

It's the D-Stance 1/72 resin kit that @wmkjr posted a link of.

I personally don't like the fighter mode of the D-Stance, it has a "too elongated" nosecone/forward fuselage.

I'm very biased towards the Yamato 1/60 YF-21, but I agree, it sure could have bigger feet and more tampo. Other than that, and although it's from 2008, it's a great toy.

I dig the looks and proportions form that HM YF-21 prototype, but the YF-21 is a design that does not translate very well into an incredible posable toy. The arms will always be hindered by the huge wings/backpack.

But you can do much more than standing poses with the yamato YF-21, it has the same amount of rotation at the waist as the YF-19 DX.

Since the YF-21 is my alltime favorite VF after the VF-1 I do want to see a Bandai DX.

I don't know about a Bandai DX, but I know Mr. Yoshiya Kanke has mentioned that after the all new SV-51 he´d really like to do a new YF-21. And a TV series version SDF-1 Macross (still undergoing approval from the copyright holder), a new VF-11B (he still needs to convince the company) and possibly the VF-9 Cutlass.

If arcadia releases a YF-21, as nice as that would be, would definitely be a risk, as anticipation of bandai's release builds.

So i would probably put that as a very big wish from Mr K, not to mention Bandai would prob lock down the M+ license for now. 

27 minutes ago, seti88 said:

If arcadia releases a YF-21, as nice as that would be, would definitely be a risk, as anticipation of bandai's release builds.

So i would probably put that as a very big wish from Mr K, not to mention Bandai would prob lock down the M+ license for now. 

If I got it right, there aren't such things like locked down licenses. And Mr. K said: "When it comes to our competition, I am not really bothered by what surrounds us too much. As long as the whole process is fun, then let's keep on doing that. For me, as long as I can keep having fun with making toys, then that is all that matters to me."