BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

1 hour ago, william02 said:

Great. Do you know how to disarm the head of the figure to make the replacement? I would hate to have the antennas but no way to replace them. Sorry for the terrible English.

No disassembly required, just pull out the antenna straight vertically, it is retained by two bumps. 

47 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Basically, yes.  Push down on the curved piece that is holding them in place (on the inside of the crotch area, the curved part that you rotated the hips above).  

Awesome, I saw that in the instructions but until you mentioned it, I assumed that was molded, not a separate, spring-loaded piece.  Thanks a ton!

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Isamu striking the cool pose.

45100718541_5161d81233_h.jpg

Awesome picture @Saburo thanks for sharing, and this is why for me and other reasons why the YF - 19 is the best Engineered Valkyrie ;) , is incredible how this stunning looking robot can transform into a stunning looking jet, not to mentioned the superb Gerwalk mode!  

Got mine from HLJ, no antenna problem.  Leg vertical wings don't stay on well like other reported.  Transform was OK, since I practiced with the Advanced.  Hip ball join was scary tight.  Put some missiles on the 31s to see how they look.

vf01.thumb.jpg.c53f38cfaf4d2bdf1598c50cc8f262fc.jpg

vf02.thumb.jpg.7bdfc1b6a1c6cc08efb0845ad26f4caf.jpg

Does anyone else have kind of a loose right arm?  I say kind of because when I pose mine extended out with the arm cannon attachment, the arm falls at certain angles, but holds fine at other angles. Not even sure how to describe since it's a ball, for some reason it seems to work with some manipulating but is completely limp if you don't have it at that sweet spot.

8 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

for some reason it seems to work with some manipulating but is completely limp if you don't have it at that sweet spot.

I spit out my drink when I read this. Lol! 

I'd blame the redesigned packaging, in part, at least as far as the broken head lasers go.

Far as this release goes.. I opened my AmiAmi copy, and have been fiddling with it a while tonight.  I still want to bash Bandai's engineers over the head with a crowbar for how stupidly convoluted their designs are.  My hip joints wouldn't move at all to start off, so I disassembled both hips entirely to loosen them up.  There have got to be at least 8 individual pieces all sandwiched together in that stupid joint, and there's actually no room to loosen the screws sufficiently, because the hip won't close.  I might have to resort to sanding/filing down the ball of the joint.

Apart from ugly tampo, fugly heel blocks, and pants-on-head engineering, I've had no issues so far at least. ^_^  The idea of filing down the heel blocks actually sounds rather appealing at this point, since it looks like it's all just a solid block of plastic.

I have a theory on why the stablizers on the YF-19 easil pops out way easily now than when it used to be with the seemingly solid on the VF-19Adv stabs:

It's most likely some sort of payback for when they first revealed their YF-19 marketing "photos" and then quickly getting busted about it having VF-19Adv colors instead before they had a chance to photochop them.

Subtle, Bandai.  Very subtle... :diablo:

9 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Awesome picture @Saburo thanks for sharing, and this is why for me and other reasons why the YF - 19 is the best Engineered Valkyrie ;) , is incredible how this stunning looking robot can transform into a stunning looking jet, not to mentioned the superb Gerwalk mode!  

Thank you @Alex GS 

33 minutes ago, spanner said:

Awesome photo! But... you forgot to pull up the gap fillers on the back of the legs! Hehe! :p :D

@spanner Thank you!

The gap fillers are pulled up all the way. ;)  The armor piece that goes on the back of the leg covers up most of the gap filler so makes it look its not pulled up.  :D

969891938_ScreenShot2018-10-04at10_42_50PM.png.cad7ee521108b90561edc19897109412.png

Edited by Saburo

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Who wouldn't want a VF-11B with Boosters? :wub:

vf-11b-booster.gif
Photo from Macross Mecha Manual.

Yes.... YES!.... YEEEESSSSS!!!

VF-11,  top and bottom mounting brackets, top and bottom-mounted boosters, a top-mounted AWACS dish, fast packs, and armored parts....  That would be perfect! 

Oh, season 3 of "Man in the High Castle" just premiered. YAY!  I have midterm exams to study for. BOO!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

26 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Hey all, have I mis-transformed this? I can’t get the gun pod barrel to be level with the ground, and it IS bent. Thanks!

*snip*

If the 'bent' Gunpod part is already touching the under part of the Valk, then yes, that's the correct position. It still has that 'angled down' position.

Jenius also pointed that out on his Advance review. Hit play since I marked it at that part of the video.

Just wanted to add also that Arcadia's YF-19 is somehow pointed a little bit downward too. So there's still consistency with our YF-19 collections. The only advantage of Arcadia is that atleast their Gunpod is not bent in Fighter mode. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Hey all, have I mis-transformed this? I can’t get the gun pod barrel to be level with the ground, and it IS bent. Thanks!

AEAE8787-7779-4A86-8B35-D59B48681498.jpeg

C0F2AF17-49C9-474C-8B37-06218FFFA172.jpeg

That's how mine turned out too. Fiddled around with it a bit but that's as good as it gets. It irks me a bit.

I was going to try mounting it with the forearm cannon present to see if it levels it out. Looks like the gun position is sideways in that configuration.

56 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They've got it hanging vertically off the attachment point from the arm-cannons. It's too low down to work when on gear, but it works on the stand just fine.

That's fine. Sitting low is not a problem. It will just land in Gerwalk mode. ^_^

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's fine. Sitting low is not a problem. It will just land in Gerwalk mode. ^_^

Or just crash into the desert in gerwalk, either way is fine :D

[yes I know that was the VF-11]

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Who was the wise guy that took the pre-owned DX Full Set YF-19 from Amiami a few minutes ago at roughly 1:45 am PST? I was about to post the link here and it was gone in a flash.

The asking price? 26.7k yen.. Congrats on your new valk! ^_^