BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

19 minutes ago, Sildani said:

I don’t think the QA issues are a problem with the design, I think the hip problem is an assembly issue, the fin thing is a molding issue, and the head laser thing is a packaging issue. The actual Valkyrie is just fine!

Head laser problem is mix of thing...poor packing from bandai (mine came with the laser straight up) poor packing from the retailer.....and very poor handling from who have too carry our packing.

44 minutes ago, Sildani said:

I don’t think the QA issues are a problem with the design, I think the hip problem is an assembly issue, the fin thing is a molding issue, and the head laser thing is a packaging issue. The actual Valkyrie is just fine!

I agree. Not to diminish what people have been reporting in any way. It's just that, as Sildani clearly stated, I think that we are observing a number of different issues all at once. 

To add my own results to the thread, I picked up my DX YF-19 from the post office yesterday, which I pre-ordered from CDJapan. The packaging was the same as others have noted already: a nice layer of packing paper and bubble wrap. The head laser/antenna is in one piece (phew), and the rest of the Valkyrie looks clean too. I'll have more time to take a closer look after work today.

8 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I agree. Not to diminish what people have been reporting in any way. It's just that, as Sildani clearly stated, I think that we are observing a number of different issues all at once. 

I made a similar comment earlier in the thread.  I "only" had the leg fin QC issue, and I'm still enjoying the valk a lot.  I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are getting valks that have 0 issues and they are happy with their purchase that aren't saying anything (squeaky wheel, etc.).

That said, this release does seem to have a higher-than-average number of QC issues, both in type and frequency.  And I think it is fine with us, as a "community" to bring that info to the front so that others can be aware.  We just need to be careful about not picking one extreme or the other; there is a huge spectrum between "all copies are fine, if you have a break it's on you or the shipper" and "this release is complete crap and you should expect your valk to be broken out of the box in some way."

But without quantifying this kind of thing, opinion tends to lean towards one extreme or another.

My leg fin issue is different from the rest as the small rudder drops out when trying to fold it for gerwalk or battloid mode, my cdjapan shipping box had the same padding, while my hlj one came in a box that was just slightly bigger than the yf-19 box with no extra padding for the gap between the top of the toy box to the shipping box, thank goodness no breakages so far

I did a quick transformation from F to B and them form B to F just to get a clean look on fighter mode with out all the gappy that it came from the factory. It has very stiff joint and it feel better than the Advance. My only problem is the broken antenna but is a easy fix.

My 19 arrived yesterday too. No broken head laser but Very gappy out of the box....especially the upper torso area and the top intake LERX on the left side. The left vertical stab has a horrible fit and barely holds on in fighter mode...sounds like the left one is the problem most people have. Has anyone figured out a fix for it? Maybe slightly sanding it? It appears the be the front edge of the connection point is the what doesn’t want to stay. Also, is the gappiness just due to improper factory transformation and it just needs a good transformation done by hand?

Chris

30 minutes ago, Dobber said:

My 19 arrived yesterday too. No broken head laser but Very gappy out of the box....especially the upper torso area and the top intake LERX on the left side. The left vertical stab has a horrible fit and barely holds on in fighter mode...sounds like the left one is the problem most people have. Has anyone figured out a fix for it? Maybe slightly sanding it? It appears the be the front edge of the connection point is the what doesn’t want to stay. Also, is the gappiness just due to improper factory transformation and it just needs a good transformation done by hand?

Chris

Same here - gappy, but maybe with a complete transformation or two it will decrease similar to what some people observed with their 31a Kairos.

2 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Is there anything different I have to look out for when transforming this toy or can I just rely on the vf-19 advance transformation guide by ScorchedEarthToys? I want to transform but have been waiting on a new transformation guide. Lol

You can rely on the vf-19 guide. Only difference is a rotation at the knees joint was added for gerwalk

You can rely on that. There’s only a new twist joint on the legs that’s different, but it doesn’t affect transformation in any way. 

@jenius: a transformation video of the 19 from Battroid to Fighter would be nice. There’s a lot going on with the torso, like those Vulcan cannon that need to slide and move and such. 

14 minutes ago, Sildani said:

You can rely on that. There’s only a new twist joint on the legs that’s different, but it doesn’t affect transformation in any way. 

@jenius: a transformation video of the 19 from Battroid to Fighter would be nice. There’s a lot going on with the torso, like those Vulcan cannon that need to slide and move and such. 

Awesome.

I second that. I would love videos going from battroid back to fighter. Lol

I have an issue. The left exhaust nozzles are twisted/mis-aligned and the cover fot the twin gun underneath is bent. I heard this is a manufacturing defect.  Anyone else have these issues and any solutions? I already contacted cdjapan and am waiting for their reply. 

20180927_172424.jpg

20180927_172628.jpg

My heel on the left side looked sort of bent (like yours), but transforming it and messing with it straightened it out.  It can be hard to pull the foot out in fighter mode, because of the cavity-filler gimmick, so I would suggest going to gerwalk to try to straighten it out (the foot is also really tight out of the box).

9 minutes ago, Muzaffar said:

I have an issue. The left exhaust nozzles are twisted/mis-aligned and the cover fot the twin gun underneath is bent. I heard this is a manufacturing defect.  Anyone else have these issues and any solutions? I already contacted cdjapan and am waiting for their reply. 

20180927_172424.jpg

20180927_172628.jpg

Its like that out of the box?....if that the case....I recommend you to transform your valk and give it a good massage when you come back to fighter mode.

If not the case try the new joint for gerwalk mode. 

Edited by Pedro2k6

Just received my 2x YF-19s. Opened both up to check for busted head lasers. Was pretty apprehensive as the first one I opened had the inner cardboard top rubbed shiny right where the head laser was located under.

Luckily both lasers were intact. Still have a third coming from Amazon, so that's just another chance to get Bandai'd. Not to mention the other issues mentioned once I take them out to play with them...

3 hours ago, Sildani said:

Noted, I may also edit and repost the original guide with an intro that says it works for both toys.

4 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

20180927_172424.jpg

20180927_172628.jpg

I had the same problems. For feet.  Pull it out all the way and tilt forward and back as far as it goes. (Don't be ashamed)  Loosen it up and finess.  You'll get them lined up.  Haven't figured out what's causing the misalignment underneath yet.  Will update if I figure it out.

* also had to loosen hip screws.  Way too tight.

Edited by Negotiator

40 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

My DX 19 is set to arrive tomorrow, but I probably won't have it in my hands until Monday. :angry: For now, I shall pray to the Macross Plus shrine that my copy arrives safe and sound with no QC errors. 

IMG_20180928_140444667_HDR.thumb.jpg.47c065e55efdbb1a01a105d47767d4e0.jpg

oh my god

you friggin' nerds do such dumb stuff with your $300 toys

i love it

EDIT:

17 minutes ago, Foblander said:

I am having a hard time unattaching the tabs to the wings for one side when I want to transform from fighter to another mode... This is my first transformation. Any advice? Lol I tried putting fishing wire in between and prying but it's getting scary. 

I used a credit card. Filed one corner down a bit, wiggled it in between the wing and the leg, and eventually things worked out. Took a lot of finesse.

Edited by kajnrig

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

Man, so beautiful....if you are shooting battroid/gerwalk, with so many possibilities to set-up the shot, i thk thats a bit of a headache...

@seti88 here's Gerwalk :) 

43164479280_8746a7dea6_h.jpg

Setup takes a bit longer for the shot and to also setup the hanger.

Edited by Saburo