BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Yuuuuuup.  Though, the whole foot is actually too thick.  It looks mostly fine in battroid, but the center of the foot is too high, and it throws the whole thing off.

Also, those are older photos, from before Bandai went and photoshopped the correct colors on the lower leg fins. 

Just transformed my VF-19 to fighter mode mode with the fast packs for the first time. What a pain in the patokee! Took me forever to get everything to come together on the legs. It was worth it since it looks great now that I have it done.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My arcadia YF-19 is the same way, fighter mode with all the fast pack stuff is a bit of a PITA to get lined up and locked in.

The Arcadia version has nothing on the Bandai toy.  Arcadia is a joy compared to it.

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have both, I actually found it easier to get the fast pack stuff on in fighter mode with the Bandai.

That’s true in a way. But atleast Arcadia doesn’t have an exposed tab when the Fast Packs are installed. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have both, I actually found it easier to get the fast pack stuff on in fighter mode with the Bandai.

I 100% disagree with this.  The Bandai one was all around more frustrating.  I won't transform that that VF-19 out of fighter mode because there's no way I'm going to wrestle with all of that again.

24 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I 100% disagree with this.  The Bandai one was all around more frustrating.  I won't transform that that VF-19 out of fighter mode because there's no way I'm going to wrestle with all of that again.

Shrug On the Bandai everything clipped on solidly, with the Arcadia I had bits constantly falling off while I was trying to get the legs lined up and pegged in. Which is odd, since the Arcadia I got new, and the Bandai I got used.

26 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I forget, did the Arcadia have magnetic leg Supers? Or was that the Yamato?

That was the Yamato one, I believe.

The Bandai problem was that the process for actually attaching the leg fast packs was multi-step, and you kind of had to slip the pieces in during transformation, or the legs didn't fit right.

Also, the booster packs on the wings had a very common issue where the locking tabs got mis-molded, and had to be reshaped before they would keep the packs locked on.

23 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That was the Yamato one, I believe.

The Bandai problem was that the process for actually attaching the leg fast packs was multi-step, and you kind of had to slip the pieces in during transformation, or the legs didn't fit right.

Also, the booster packs on the wings had a very common issue where the locking tabs got mis-molded, and had to be reshaped before they would keep the packs locked on.

Is there a fix for that?

I did have a hard time trying to get the locking tabs to snap in for the wing boosters. I figured it was an alignment issue. I guess I need to take a look and see if I need to tweak them. I never cared much for the fast packs on the YF-19, but I immediately loved the addition of those wing boosters for Frontier. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. The 31 is such a sweet piece and a joy to pose, that ALL future DX VF toys need ratcheted hips. And reissued Valkyries need to have them retrofitted. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, Arkham said:

31 legs are a bit flaky imo, they seem to spread on their own weight.

SV262 is just a pleasure to pose (once you can transform it, that is)

You must have a 31 with a defect because I own eight 31’s and none of them have hip issues.

On 6/24/2018 at 11:45 AM, Arkham said:

31 legs are a bit flaky imo, they seem to spread on their own weight.

SV262 is just a pleasure to pose (once you can transform it, that is)

I think YMMV on the 31 legs.  My 31F legs are pretty loose, 31C not so bad, and 31A are pretty solid.  I haven't opened my Kai yet so not sure about that guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think you may be SOL, unless you can find an ebay or proxy seller.

You should have a chance to pick it up online at release though, if you're online at the right time.

Thanks guys.  I'll keep my eyes open on release date.

Edited by sharpnel

1 hour ago, sharpnel said:

Thanks guys.  I'll keep my eyes open on release date.

Keep an eye on this topic, I imagine people will be posting when it shows up available.

Otherwise, you can use a web monitor like Distill to alert you when it's available.

just a heads up, with the recent PO announcement of the DX VF-1J, if I can secure 2 to 3 POs, I will be cancelling my PO for my DX YF-19 at HLJ, but if there are any Australian collectors who still need to secure a preorder, I can hold on to it and have it shipped directly to you.

NOTE: I can't ship HLJ items to countries other than Australia.

I'll post in the for sale section if I am successful at securing my POs.