Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

3 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

It's certainly what got me so interested in it, and the form I intend to keep it in.

Me too. Further transformed to Battroid then Fighter then back to Gerwalk. The hardest is getting back to Fighter. And throughout all transformations, lot of stress risks to the backpack hinges and waist swivel. Nonetheless, a unique design. Deculture! http://macrossdecultured.blogspot.my/2016/10/bandai-dx-chogokin-160-macross-delta-sv.html?m=1

DSC_6613.JPG

DSC_6604.JPG

DSC_6610.JPG

Edited by Andy NYK
Linked photos.

Sweet. Needs the white draken to cross swords with..release the white draken naoo bandai!!

Hmm it would be sweeter if roid's draken had a different sword, but i thk its the same if memory serves me..

Edited by seti88

48 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Sweet. Needs the white draken to cross swords with..release the white draken naoo bandai!!

Hmm it would be sweeter if roid's draken had a different sword, but i thk its the same if memory serves me..

But you'll still need to buy a different web exclusive to get the white shield and armor parts. :D

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

But you'll still need to buy a different web exclusive to get the white shield and armor parts. :D

True. But hopefully if they do it as Tamashii Web Exclusive how I wish they make it as a bundle like Maruyama's 171. I mean, we're already asking to pay the premium, right?

Either way, I'm in for Roid's Anubis ride and its option missile pods and sword. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

On 4/29/2017 at 0:24 AM, seti88 said:

Still at fighter mode stage ....somehow its got me hooked to shoot it...:)

DSC_7944a.jpg.93e472f8b87e2106bdeccf39c99d8cd8.jpgDSC_7945.jpg.4188f4ccfbae7801f6a858280593e09a.jpgDSC_7948a.jpg.e10ad28d1a70f1f4a6351025a584eb83.jpg

Just a simple trick of superimposing against the monitor, some background works better than the others. 

Very nice!!!

What an elegant way to shoot this. Awesome!

6 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Very nice!!!

What an elegant way to shoot this. Awesome!

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Awesome pics seti88.  I want to try taking pics with backgrounds for my HMR.

Thanks all, just wanted to admire the 262 in a different light/scene. Had fun finding which backgrounds could be meshed with it. :)

sh9000; That would be cool to see, plus you could fit in quite a number of HMR's in due to their size relative to a say a 21" display! ^_^

Finally got a chance to play with the 262 a bit this weekend. I tried putting on the box weapon set from the armored 171 set. Can't seem to clip it on to the left side. The right side is fine. Switched them and still the same issue. Looks like the left side weapon clips wasn't built to correct spec/size? Anyone else have this issue?

Opened my 262 last night. No tampo issues and I haven't had a chance to try transforming yet. It looks really nice and pretty hefty. I'm a happy camper knowing this is the first DX Valk I've ever opened and that the 31's I have are supposed to be better!

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05288_zpsg8ig3djc.jp

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05290_zps1e2altyt.jp

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05292_zpsfbwp8z0b.jp

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Opened my 262 last night. No tampo issues and I haven't had a chance to try transforming yet. It looks really nice and pretty hefty. I'm a happy camper knowing this is the first DX Valk I've ever opened and that the 31's I have are supposed to be better!

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05288_zpsg8ig3djc.jp

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05290_zps1e2altyt.jp

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05292_zpsfbwp8z0b.jp

those are beautiful:wub:, makes me want to crack open my sealed valk 

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Thanks! Open those Valks man!

I know how it goes though. At one point in my collecting, I bought so much stuff that I never had time or space to open any of it. All that stuff I collected has sat untouched in storage boxes since I got them. My new rule of collecting is everything I buy (except extras) must be opened and displayed. 

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I know how it goes though. At one point in my collecting, I bought so much stuff that I never had time or space to open any of it. All that stuff I collected has sat untouched in storage boxes since I got them. My new rule of collecting is everything I buy (except extras) must be opened and displayed. 

i love your pics slave, you should post some of the 31F:wub: 

16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i love your pics slave, you should post some of the 31F:wub: 

Thanks man! I definitely will post pics of the 31F as soon as I get my hands on it. I choose slow/cheap shipping so it's still on the way and I just got that 262 the other day.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks man! I definitely will post pics of the 31F as soon as I get my hands on it. I choose slow/cheap shipping so it's still on the way and I just got that 262 the other day.

you going to transform the 262? i think if i ever do pop it out of the box it's staying in fighter. 

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

you going to transform the 262? i think if i ever do pop it out of the box it's staying in fighter. 

For sure! But I will say the only two transformable toys that I ever did not try to transform right out the box was this 262 and the recent MP Megatron. All the horror stories about both and mainly, not enough time have prevented me so far. From the pictures I've seen, the 262 looks better in Gerwalk and Battroid mode to me but after seeing the fighter mode in hand, I think that mode looks damn good too. I think I may end up leaving this one in Battroid mode the most but will see. And yeah, all transformable toys must be transformed!

14 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

13 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Come on, guys. Valks deserve all our senses. Unbox them, transform them, pose them!

2 hours ago, Andy NYK said:

Come on, guys. Valks deserve all our senses. Unbox them, transform them, pose them!

+1 

Actually, amend that statement to "All transforming toys deserve all our senses. Unbox them, transform them, pose them!" :good: There, that's better. ;)

5 hours ago, Andy NYK said:

Like I said, that's what I'm doing!

Speaking of which @Saburo mentioned he used Yetistands to hold the 31s vertically. Just wondering, does the stand adapter that comes with the 262 actually clip in for anyone else or is it meant to just let the Valk hang there with the tabs loosely in the gaps of the Valk? The rear tabs especially seem to do nothing except guide the Valk in the right position but is not secure in any way. 

Edited by Slave IV

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's much less secure. 

Thanks! So, I'm not doing anything wrong then? It just basically sits on top of the adapter, hanging there?

This is my first DX I've opened and I'm used to the Arcadia Valks that solidly lock in with the adapters.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! So, I'm not doing anything wrong then? It just basically sits on top of the adapter, hanging there?

This is my first DX I've opened and I'm used to the Arcadia Valks that solidly lock in with the adapters.

Yeah it's disappointing especially since it looks like it should tab in.

43 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Inverted, you are correct! 

Exactly!

I've got mine doing a "pass" but there's no way to do one of them inverted or even leaning them on their sides so they're canopy to canopy.  Say what you will about the series, but I really liked that scene where the two ace pilots recognise one another, their canopies (and machines) passing within an impossibly small distance from each other.

Slave IV, the 262 adapter is disappointing in how little it grips the valk.  You're definitely not doing anything wrong.  The 31 has a little "nub" on the front fingers that sort of engages the metal swingbar for the legs.  It's a much more solid fit and I'd trust it to do about double the angle that the 262 is capable of.  I think the 262 can do about 30 degrees on the included cradle without it falling out.  Maybe...

I finally went for the first transformation, fighter to gerwalk. It wasn't the horror story some make it out to be but it was a tad difficult. Though my biggest issue was getting the legs right with respect to the intake covers and after caving and checking Jenius's transformation video I realized it was simply I missed a step with the crotch piece. That solved I think with enough transformations it'll be a lot easier. 

Gerwalk once done is gorgeous of course. I look forward to putting it in battroid though as that will likely be my favorite. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Hopefully I have time to transform mine this weekend.

Took me 2 hours to transform it from fighter-gerwalk-battroid and back to fighter again for the first time but I'm very slowly...