Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

It's tough for me to tell what joints are ratcheted from that video. Knees look like a definite, shoulders...maybe a soft ratchet and the hips/legs look like the might just be friction. For as leggy as this thing is I hope I'm wrong. But since I can't read what's in the video and the sound is missing I'm just guessing.

30 minutes ago, spanner said:

just checked the postage tracking and its on the plane! woo!

That is plane is going to crash and the courier along with your Sv-262 is going to wash up on a deserted island, where it will be the courier's only friend for the next few years. He will, coincidentally, name your 262 "Keith."

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

It's tough for me to tell what joints are ratcheted from that video. Knees look like a definite, shoulders...maybe a soft ratchet and the hips/legs look like the might just be friction. For as leggy as this thing is I hope I'm wrong. But since I can't read what's in the video and the sound is missing I'm just guessing.

Thats weird, there is a catchy bg sound tho. You wont be able to tell tho if its ratcheted as there isnt any sound from the handling. Its basically an unboxing + close up video.

The wrappers are especially tight on the wings and tail shield. Can imagine how it might cause some tampo to be bonded to it. Funny cos the original purpose was to preserve the tampo!

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That is plane is going to crash and the courier along with your Sv-262 is going to wash up on a deserted island, where it will be the courier's only friend for the next few years. He will, coincidentally, name your 262 "Keith."

LOL... wilson will have a pal...

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

LOL! thanks for that! :rolleyes: but as long as the courier has someone to talk too or something to play with then its all good! :lol: :p

22 hours ago, Scyla said:

Seems like the inside of the gun-pod is not painted gold. Bummer. I wonder if it is easy to pop the gun apart to paint it yourself. If it is glued shut I will just refuse to extend the gun. ^_^

Yea i agree its a lil too yellow for my taste too..Not sure if painting would ruin the gun mechanism tho due to thickness of the paint.

6 hours ago, F360 said:

There's a fourth form incase it you need something to excite you to get another 

Maybe I should look into getting some of these clear tablet stands 

Lol i wondered when that gif would appear.....hmm since it works with tablet stands, i wonder if stands to hold picture frames would work too...

Already got mine but I have not transform it yet. Many Japanese reviewers complained Sv-262 is really hard and scary to transform (much harder than VF-171 and VF-19 ADVANCE). So I will wait for jenius transformation video to be safe before I break something:rolleyes:

Edited by unlogic

47 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Looks like Bandai did not paint the wingtip lights according to standards.  Both wingtip lights are red but the right wingtip should be green... 

Having a red port and green starboard light is a human convention. I wouldn't expect an alien race to follow our naval and aviation regulations.;)

3 hours ago, JIS said:

My SV-262 has arrived. I was scared about the paint so I took my time to remove the film in the wings and luckily I didn't have any issues!! B))

that's certainly reassuring to hear! 

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I went from thinking I missed the preorder on this thing to getting an email from cd Japan saying it had shipped and the other ( I think at AE) saying I just needed to pay shipping. That was a suprise. 

nice work! congrats! :good:

50 minutes ago, Loop said:

Erect Pengroid Mode!

LOL! :rofl:

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks for the video.  However, after watching it I cancelled my order.  This thing is just too ugly in my opinion.  I could tolerate the SV-51 but not this.  Maybe the other variants will look more refined. 

1 hour ago, Muzaffar said:

Thanks for the video.  However, after watching it I cancelled my order.  This thing is just too ugly in my opinion.  I could tolerate the SV-51 but not this.  Maybe the other variants will look more refined. 

The 51 and the draken are both a-ok in my book. 8)Plus messer needs someone to face off against..;) 

For me the crunch of the 51 is the anticipated price which may be how shall i say it...off putting...  :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, spanner said:

no surprises there.. im sure it'll eventually creep all the way up to 25k to match the VF-31 price.

HLJ still have it available at 20,900 last time I checked..

yeah, it's been a while since after release you can still find a DX Chogokin at stores for retail price.

1 hour ago, spanner said:

did you feel off the protective plastic slowly? 

Yeah I did just in case. But while I did so, there didn't seem to be any indication that the tampo stuck to the plastic at any point. I guess the people with the issues unfortunately got a bad batch.

I just finished transforming it to battroid the first time. And yeah, it is quite a change from the usual fare. I don't fully understand all the nitty gritty details yet, but it's not that hard as long as you take it step by step. The parts I found somewhat confusing were transforming the thighs and wing hinges at the back, but I managed.

You also need to be careful because there are a LOT of hinge joints and some of them are very delicate like the eye covers.

Some nitpicks I have for now are the lack of hip ratchets and a locking tab for the shoulder hinges. Otherwise, everything else feels pretty solid. It's a lot slimmer and lighter than I expected it to be though. I expect that the VF-31 with super pack will really outsize the Draken. 

Overall, I think it's the most unique and complicated Valk to date in terms of engineering, and is a welcome addition to the Macross toy lineup.

Lack of hip ratchets is a huge bummer for me. I don't have a 31 but I remember watching reviews and thinking that it was about damn time. Not having one in hand I can't say for sure, but it sure seems like it could have been done.

Bandai puts ratchet joints in tiny Super Robot Chogokin which may not even have metal in the limbs that feature said ratchets. But on a complex, 200ish dollar Valk they can't carry that feature through the line.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it has a big ass gun and big ass legs and ratchets at the hips and shoulders seem like a no brainier.