Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

On 8/8/2018 at 8:11 PM, seti88 said:

The SV is such a badass with the armaments. Nice GIF's andy!

Thx, lil drakens are a threat with auto targeting and shooting. 

Edited by Andy NYK
treat -> threat

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mommar said:

I sincerely think the 262 needs a 2.0 version already.  They did not get that original toy design correct.

I don't think the economics are there.  The first release is still warming shelves below retail.

Is it because it is a "bad" toy?  Maybe, but I think being an enemy valk also hurt it a lot.  

I don't really hate the toy, honestly.  It looks fine in all modes (kinda gappy in fighter), and battroid is pretty easy to handle.  Transforming into gerwalk is the only place I feel like they failed in the design area.  I also don't like how they required buying the lil'drakens in order to get what should be included accessories, imo.

Since Keith's 262 didn't do great in retail. Bandai should make Roid's 262 a web shop exclusive, and make it limited like the Kairos. Let's see how many will cry over this. And just so everyone know, I'm in again to wait for months. Though I'm not going to order for two so I'm not going to ruin any chance of obtaining it multiple via Nippon-Yasan. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I don't think the economics are there.  The first release is still warming shelves below retail.

Is it because it is a "bad" toy?  Maybe, but I think being an enemy valk also hurt it a lot.  

I don't really hate the toy, honestly.  It looks fine in all modes (kinda gappy in fighter), and battroid is pretty easy to handle.  Transforming into gerwalk is the only place I feel like they failed in the design area.  I also don't like how they required buying the lil'drakens in order to get what should be included accessories, imo. 

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Since Keith's 262 didn't do great in retail. Bandai should make Roid's 262 a web shop exclusive, and make it limited like the Kairos. Let's see how many will cry over this. And just so everyone know, I'm in again to wait for months. Though I'm not going to order for two so I'm not going to ruin any chance of obtaining it multiple via Nippon-Yasan. ^_^

Keith's Hs is still shelf warming on a few sites and will possibly stay that way if and when the Roid's (Elvis) Ha gets released with the possible (?) Kumo Kumo ishta. The only way to included the Lil'Drakens together will be like the TWE as per the 171EX Sheryl ishta version (Maruyama).

I really want to see Mirage's 262 Ba variant in DX form not a model kit. That will either make it or break it has most of us has Mirage's 31c and possibly get her 262 Ba as a possible complement.

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

They will one up it by making it event exclusive , and pbandai lottery later .

and they will come with a extra large booksleave just to make it cost more to ship. 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

They will one up it by making it event exclusive , and pbandai lottery later .

and they will come with a extra large booksleave just to make it cost more to ship. 

Oooh. P-Bandai Lottery. Super Ouch. :vava:

Well, if that's the case then I'm sure Keith's 262 will be gone after that since it's much cheaper to get. And knowing that there will be no more 262 in the market, Bandai will decide to release the regular 262 Ba's for knowing that there's market for it. And will go back and re-release Roid's 262 as a general release. Mission accomplished. ;)

I would too, but I do wish they'd revisit the 262 like they did the VF-27.  Proportions and shape were fine, but the internal mechanism is just a massive mess of over-engineering.  I don't know if it's more or less accurate to the screen version, but the model kits are just much more enjoyable to transform all around.

I'd still buy at least two Mirage 262 kits though.

That's just weird... Mirage's 262 Ba is more pink than maroon. Final colours (?) and depicted as per the kit that was shown a few pages back.

Hopefully Bandai is not messing with our minds by not doing the DX Elvis Ha variant as depicted in the movie promos and as the model kit version with the Kumo Kumo ishta. I'm really close to pull the trigger on getting Keith's Ha and the add-on set (I know that I'll be paying quite a mark up on it). 

Is it just me or I find that the missile bays are present in the top pic posted by @seti88 and not on the one with the fight with Cassim on the third one (must have cast it off for maneuvering purposes or used it all up)?   

You are right, Mirage ditched her leg missile packs after firing off her last salvo against incoming 262's prior to her swordfight.

as for the colors I won't comment on it much as it varies from scene to scene. When mirage busted out  with her 262, her under fuselage was even still the original grey green color. I think as per the kits, the maroon is top and bottom for her 262.

my bad, it seems mirages under fuselage did not have any color other than a white/tan base.

Edited by seti88

C'mon Bandai. Seriously, this one is really begging for an exclusive DX release. Do it now so we can all have a 'White' Christmas. No need to fix any of those over-engineering stuff. Just make it happen. :rolleyes:

262v262_1.jpg

Elvis will be so proud if you did this. ^_^

giphy.gif.c14331e69552e3ac0d5a28e47c0eee80.gif

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Klingon bloodwine. 

Good thing that it's not Romulan Ale, Sauron Brandy or the synthahol that they serve in Ten Forward on the Enterprise D...  Bloodwine is for warriors! :aggressive:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: 

So what's the official color take for Mirage's 262? Maroon? Red Violet? Plum? Sangria?

I think its more to the tuned Red Violet colour.  

9 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

It's still really sad that this didn't sell well. IMO it's a really good toy of a really unique design.

I think that the transformation may have to do with it. Valks that are a really pain the butt to do all three transformations get left in the shelf and collect dust or get tossed against the wall in frustration. :lol: 

I know that the Yammie SV-51, DX VF-171 and possibly other valks (I can't think of any other ones) are in the list of the less desired ones due to the transformation including the SV-262.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Nope. Bad guys just doesn't sell well. :rolleyes:

The demand isn't high for them to justify the cost as the hero/heroines are the main focused characters. -_- 

I read that Max and Mirya are not that big of a seller overseas (as secondary characters); however, in the American shores, they become one of the hot ticket items.

I guess that's why it depends on the psychographic/demographics of the market demand (plus customers) and where you put the product in the particular market.  

I'm at my wits end and hope someone has an idea of what I can do. I was transforming my valk and not paying attention and going I rotated the arm assembly the wrong direction, putting the flap on the wrong side so it won't lock in at the top in battroid mode. When I tried to separate the assembly from the rest of the piece it will absolutely not budge. I don't know why it locked in in such a way but am willing to pretty much do anything. I couldn't find any info and have applied an embarrassing amount of pressure which has stressed the collapse mechanism but I don't think actually loosened it. Any help is much appreciated because I think I may have to abandon it to gerwalk forever otherwise.